- Wild Hearts is Omega Force’s latest venture into developing a third-person action RPG, with many faring it directly against the massively established Monster Hunter franchise.
- A new major update for Wild Hearts has been released for the PC version of the title, bringing hefty new content and additional DLSS options to tweak those graphical venues on the fly.
- One of the most prominent highlights of the new patch is the introduction of Alpha Sapscourge—a new type of monster that boasts great strength, strong vitality, and sneeze-centric attacks.
Wild Hearts has suffered from a launch ridden with mixed reception, but that hasn’t stopped the developers from staying motivated and pushing out more content for the third-person action RPG. The latest update for Omega Force’s Monster Hunter competitor brings a myriad of new changes to the title, including a new Kemono called Alpha Sapscourge, thereby sneezing its way into Harugasumi Way with its own unique Side Stories Quest.
Alpha Sapscourge has rolled into Harugasumi Way, along with new Trial Quests, weapons, armor, and more! 🦝
— WILD HEARTS (@playWildHearts) May 17, 2023
Although the addition of a new monster to go and hunt is fairly substantial, it’s barely all that the new patch has brought apart from general stability improvements. As detailed by the detailed patch notes on Steam, new DLSS options have been introduced and made adjustable for the PC variant of Wild Hearts, allowing users across the board to strike the perfect balance between performance and visual quality on the fly.
A couple of other noteworthy additions revolve around the Limit Break system in the title, which is an effective functionality brought to make in-game armaments and armor stronger and more efficient. Following the latest patch, players will be able to increase their weapons’ attributes via Limit Break, not to mention the ability to change Inherent Skills as well. Here are some of the other adjustments outlined as they are.
While the slew of balance adjustments and a new Kemono variant that loves spreading its pollen across Azuma to hand the opposition the bitter taste of defeat, there’s another highlight of the Alpha Sapscourge update that you need to know about. Apparently, new types of quests have been brought to Wild Hearts, namely Trial Quests and new Volatile Kemono Quests.
Trial Quests are practically irrespective of the gear you’ve acquired on your journey so far. Once initiated, any one of these pits you against a monster with “predefined armor, skills, and weapons,” thereby offering a greater sense of challenge to both experienced players and newbies. Another major benefit of diving into Trial Quests is the option to try out other builds that you might want to test before spending your in-game resources on.
Other than that, the rewards of these quests are time-based and are calculated on the basis of your target-neutralizing speed. Trial Quests have been already added to Chapters 4 and 5, so do give them a shot for an interesting alternative spin. As for the additional Volatile Kemono Quests, these sport particular monsters and have prerequisites to their names prior to you embarking on any of them.
Once you take care of those, you’ll find them popping up in Chapter 3 as Side Stories. The conditions that you have to meet, therefore, to unlock the new Volatile Kemono Quests are given as follows.
- Hunted the target Volatile Kemono;
- Completed post-Chapter 3 quests, including the Recondite quests, in which the original species of the volatile Kemono was the hunt target.
- Players who have already completed the above criteria before the application of the update will only need to complete one of the conditions.
Wild Hearts is an enjoyable AAA title in 2023, made enjoyable thanks to its interesting gameplay due to the courtesy of the Karakuri mechanic and an exhaustive array of colossal monsters. Upon release, critics and fans didn’t take long to compare it to the already esteemed Monster Hunter series, thereby wondering whether the latter has finally met its match.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍