- Tomb Raider’s official website has been updated urging the fans to be on the lookout for “breaking news” regarding the franchise.
- Fans are speculating about the reveal of the next game as the website update combines with an early prediction by a credible leaker.
- The update came just a week before Gamescom 2023 making fans expect the very awaited reveal of the 13th mainline entry in the series.
Developer Crystal Dynamics has updated the official Tomb Raider website feeding into the rumors surrounding the announcement of the next game in the series. While a fresh new look is usual for games’ websites, the timing and nature of this update have sparked a round of speculations among fans. The update urges fans to be on the lookout for “breaking news” about the Tomb Raider franchise.
If you open the official Tomb Raider website, you will be met with a signup page inviting you to be among the first ones to hear about the “breaking news regarding the Tomb Raider franchise.” This further mentions “rewards, exclusives, merch, releases, and more.”
- Savvy Games Walked Away From $2 Billion Investment In Embracer Group
- Crystal Dynamics And Eidos Montreal Aiming To Launch 5 AAA Games By 2028
- Embracer Group Plans To Release Up To 19 AAA Titles In The Next 3 Years
- Amazon Games And Netflix Are Developing Games In Unreal Engine
This latest update seems to connect the dots for the fans who have been eager to hear about the next Tomb Raider game. Speculations initially arose when the website update was noticed by Twitter user Lucas · Treeble. Next up, Tomb Raider News shared the update further sparking the rumors by referencing a previous claim by a renowned Crystal Dynamics leaker Miller Ross.
As summer closes out, the official site has been updated to allow for newsletter registrations for upcoming news. (via @thetreeble)
Is it time for Lara's next chapter? 🤔👀 pic.twitter.com/ZkBjkD3LmP
— SmashLara • Tomb Raider News (@SmashLara) August 19, 2023
Miller predicted in January through eXputer that a new Tomb Raider game would be announced in 2023. With a track record of spot-on Marvel’s Avengers leaks, Miller’s credibility is solid. The hypothesis grows stronger as Twitter user Okami Games adds the random addition of Lara Croft skin in Call of Duty to the growing list of factors supporting a soon reveal of the next Tomb Raider game.
Prediction: I think the new Tomb Raider game will be revealed soon (possibly at Gamescom).
– Call of Duty is randomly getting a Lara Croft skin soon
– The official Tomb Raider website was just updated 2 days ago 🤔 pic.twitter.com/7bwdkF9Srv
— Okami Games (@Okami13_) August 20, 2023
Of course, it’s safe to take everything with a grain of salt but with Gamescom 2023 kicking off tomorrow with Opening Night Live, there’s a fairly good chance that Crystal Dynamics reveals the 13th mainline entry in the Tomb Raider franchise at the event. Or it could be anytime during this year considering that The Game Awards are approaching as well.
Regarding the game, it was confirmed that the next mainline entry in the series is in development at Crystal Dynamics Studio. Earlier this year, it was reported that the next Tomb Raider title will be published by Amazon Games as the company has acquired the franchise from Embracer Group. But since Embracer Group still owns Crystal Dynamics, they’ll be making benefit from the release of the latest entry in the series.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍