- A trailer for an undisclosed Risk of Rain entry has suddenly leaked on the web. It is a mobile gacha game in development by Gearbox.
- The footage was originally uploaded on YouTube but was soon deleted. It has since also made its way on Streamables and social media like Twitter.
- The devs have replied to the leak, clarifying that it was supposed to be shown later. They also assured that Survivors of the Void’s development will not be affected.
It appears that multiple titles are developing under the popular indie Risk of Rain IP. A trailer for a secretive title has dropped out of nowhere on the surface of the web, surprising everyone in the process. It is apparently called Risk of Rain: Hostile Worlds. The currently known vague details confirm that it is a mobile gacha game that is in development by Gearbox Software, the new owners of the popular RoR IP.
The footage for the game was initially uploaded on YouTube but was eventually deleted. However, it has now leaked on sites like Streamables and Twitter. The nearly two-minute long trailer showcases multiple animated sequences of the character fighting otherworldly hostile beings. Things take a turn as the trailer shifts to actual gameplay, showcasing action-packed combat and intense situations that may keep you on edge.
The devs also jumped into the chaotic environment on Discord to calm things down after the leak. They clarified that the trailer was supposed to be revealed in an upcoming event alongside details for the future of Risk of Rain 2.
We see that some of you have stumbled on an announcement that was intended for Wednesday’s Festival of Gup, alongside news about what’s next for Risk of Rain 2,” reads the announcement.
Other Interesting Reads:
- Pachinko Wasn’t Enough To Ruin Silent Hill, So Here Comes The Battle Pass.
- Sony Slashes Twitter Integration Support From PS4 And PS5.
- Phil Spencer Wants PS And Nintendo Users To Be Part Of The Xbox Community.
Nevertheless, the team is still excited to talk about Risk of Rain: Hostile Worlds during the event and unveil even more tidbits. The community has rightfully been worried after learning about the existence of this project. A mobile gacha entry is not everyone’s cup of tea; the fans are worried whether the IP is going to adopt the controversial practices of other titles in the same genre. The other concerns relate to the Risk of Rain 2.
The players have wondered if the devs are focusing on Risk of Rain 2 alongside this mobile title. However, the team has reassured the community that it will continue to receive support and content for a long time.
The Hostile Worlds team is a new, separate development team focusing solely on that title, while the core Risk of Rain 2 team at Gearbox has been putting the finishing touches on SOTV consoles and working hard on what’s next, which they’re excited to share progress on later this week!”
The Risk of Rain 2 team at the studio is also confirmed to be working on a different expansion or a title alongside the Survivors of the Void DLC for consoles. We will likely learn about this mysterious project in the coming days.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍