- Sony has confirmed that it will no longer keep the Twitter integration support from PS4 and PS5. It will be removed on November 13.
- It includes the ability to view any content, like game clips, published on Twitter via PlayStation 4 and 5, and some other similar features.
- Microsoft did the same thing earlier this year and pulled the popular sharing method from its consoles. The PS users are quite upset with the change.
Sony has recently announced quite a drastic change to the content-sharing system for its PlayStation 4 and 5 consoles. As initially spotted by Twitter user Wario64, the company has affirmed that it will cut off the Twitter integration support from the consoles of both generations on November 13. The official website clarifies the details about the change in Twitter integration and the alternatives to share game captures in an easy manner.
The change will remove the ability to view or post all sorts of content, trophies, or other gameplay-related activities published on Twitter from PlayStation 4 and 5. The complete announcement reads:
As of November 13, 2023, integration with X (previously known as Twitter) will no longer function on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 consoles. This includes the ability to view any content published on X on PS5/PS4, and the ability to post and view content, trophies, and other gameplay-related activities on X directly from PS5/PS4 (or link an X account to do so).”
The publisher is following the same path laid by Microsoft. It also slashed away the feature to share game captures from its consoles and PC on Twitter earlier this year.
- Sony PlayStation Seeks PC Planning Analyst In Latest Job Listing.
- Sony Might Be Working On A New PlayStation 2 Emulator, Rumor Suggests.
- Sony Has Reportedly Ordered Gaming Heads To Destroy All PlayStation Merch.
Unfortunately, Sony has not explained the exact reason for the sudden change. The likely cause alludes to the recent controversial changes that have washed over the popular social media platform after the takeover by Elon Musk. The most likely reason has to do with the increase in Twitter’s API pricing that happened earlier this year. All in all, it is quite a shift that may cause issues for some users.
The PS gamers are certainly not happy with the change. It is worth noting that most gamers were not actively using Twitter integration to share content since the PlayStation App is a preferred way to grab images and videos. Other methods can still be used effectively for the same purpose. The game captures from the PS5 can be shared by following the linked method here. Visiting this site will also provide a guide to share from PS4.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍