- Gamescom 2023 will put less emphasis on announcing new projects and will instead focus on bringing updates to the upcoming titles in the near future, as Geoff Keighley confirmed.
- It is currently unclear whether the new Gamescom event will be smaller than the one last year. The 2022 presentation ran for over two hours and saw details about 35 entries coming to light.
- Geoff Keighley also talked about a bundle of challenges that the Gamescom event has to face in contrast to the other annual game shows. It will last from August 23 to August 27.
- Previous rumors have stated that Valve may make a presence at the Gamescom 2023 show and announce Project Citadel. A leaked LEGO Harry Potter game collection may also be revealed.
Gamescom 2023 event has been all the hype in the gaming industry recently, as many great upcoming entries are expected to receive major updates. Most gamers are also looking forward to any potential announcements for new games in existing or new IPs, but that prospect seems duller than ever. Geoff Keighley recently appeared in an interview with VGC and confirmed that the event will focus less on revealing new projects.
It’s going to be an exciting show with new looks at many announced upcoming games like Alan Wake 2, and Black Myth Wukong. This year’s ONL (Opening Night Live) is less about announcing brand new projects, and more about giving fans updates on some of the biggest games due out over the next year,” said Geoff Keighley while speaking to VGC.
It is currently unclear whether the new Gamescom event will be smaller than the last year’s one. The 2022 presentation ran for over two hours and brought an entree of 35 entries to the table. The players were rightfully hoping for the same amount of content for the current presentation, but things may take a turn for the worst.
- Modern Gaming: Exploring The Past And Anticipating The Future.
- Gamescom 2022 Award Winners Have Been Announced.
- 30 BEST Stealth Games For PS5.
Geoff Keighley mentions that the Gamescom event comes with its own set of challenges unseen in the other annual events like The Game Awards and Summer Game Fest. He mentioned some of the hindrances that are faced in the awaited yearly Gamescom show.
First, there are the logistical challenges for our LA-based team to produce a big-scale show in Cologne, Germany. Thankfully Gamescom and Kolnemesse are great partners.”
The leading producer of the Gamescom program mentions another challenge that is equally an opportunity. The show is directly tied to the partners and games that will be exhibited this year. Creating a mutual synergy between the participating figures is not easy. Geoff is trying to find ways to make a connection between what is happening on the floor and inside ONL. He also sings praises of the well-beloved annual show.
The sense of community at Gamescom is so unique and powerful – there really is nothing else like it in the world. Even before I was involved in ONL, I loved coming to Gamescom because it has such a focus on the players and community.”
The veteran host and producer has tried to downplay the upcoming yearly event. It is likely a shot at curbing the immense excitement built around the upcoming show. The new statements confirm further that we may not see any huge unannounced AAA projects during the showcase. Regardless, having updates on some of the biggest releases for the next twelve months is still much better than pin-drop silence from the devs.
Bringing up the lingering rumors, Valve may announce the long-rumored Project Citadel in the upcoming Gamescom show this year. Valve is listed as one of the exhibitors in the companion app of the show despite no official announcements, and a Half-Life tag was also found; of course, take it with a grain of salt. Similarly, a leaked LEGO Harry Potter game collection could be announced at the Gamescom presentation.
The Gamescom event will start from Wednesday, August 23, to Sunday, August 27.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍