- Baldur’s Gate 3 has finally been released on PlayStation 5, and positive reviews on Metacritic are already pouring in.
- At the time of writing, it has 9 reviews with a current Metascore of 97, making it the highest-ranking PlayStation 5 game of all time, followed by last year’s Game of the Year, Elden Ring.
- The initial success mirrors that of the PC release, and one thing we learned from it is that Baldur’s Gate 3 knows how to maintain or even go beyond its current score.
- Fans are now greeted by another great news as Larian Studios has confirmed that the highly acclaimed cRPG will come to Mac later this month.
Baldur’s Gate 3 has arrived on PlayStation 5 with some positive reviews, making it the best PlayStation 5 game of all time, with a current Metascore of 97. Though it has yet to receive a majority of the reviews, its early success is an uncanny semblance to the earlier PC launch. If the score drops, we can still expect it to rank this year’s best game on Metacritic.
After around a month since the PC release, Baldur’s Gate 3 has finally made it to PlayStation 5. Unsurprisingly, it is dominating the reviews here as well, jumping up the ranks of Metacritic. Even so, it should be noted that this is only with the initial reviews, and once dozens more pour in, we can expect the score to fluctuate. But since we saw almost the same pattern with the PC launch, it suggests long-term solid success.
Baldur’s Gate 3 accumulated over 470,000 players on PC within the first few hours of launch. Since then, it has gone on a streak of multiple achievements. In a little over a week, it surpassed The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom, becoming the best PC game of 2023 on Metacritic with a score of 97, which went down to 96. Both the PC and PS5 versions are the best releases this year, showing just how great the game is.
This recent milestone is not a huge surprise, as we already knew fans were eager to experience Larian’s latest masterpiece on consoles. Shortly after the PC release, the positive reviews skyrocketed its PS5 sales, making it the best-selling PlayStation pre-order. Its post-launch support has only made things better, with promises of improvement and more content, not that it lacked any.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 PlayStation 5 Download Size And Trophy List Has Leaked Online
- Larian Lead Writer Says Baldur’s Gate 3 Owes Its Success To BioWare
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is The Epitome Of AAA Games Right Now
Baldur’s Gate 3 has since received several hotfixes and 2 major patches, all of which have carried over to the PlayStation 5 release. Patch 1 addressed over a thousand bugs and significantly improved performance, while the next patch touched upon adding a better ending for Karlach, one of the most beloved companions, alongside many notable changes. These updates have only ensured that PS5 players get a great experience on day one.
Hello! Mac is planned for later this month.
— Larian Studios (@larianstudios) September 6, 2023
The studio has also confirmed that Baldur’s Gate 3 will be coming to Mac later this month, another great news for fans. Some fans were unhappy it took Larian over a month to answer the question. Regardless, we now have a definitive release window. As for Xbox, it was confirmed almost two weeks ago that the game will be released on Xbox Series X|S this year.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍