- Take-Two Interactive CEO, Strauss Zelnick, believes that games should be priced on a per-hour basis.
- According to Zelnick, publishers don’t have the ability to raise these prices.
- Players will get their first look at the next GTA entry in early December.
During the earnings call for Take-Two Interactive’s Q2 2024 period, CEO Strauss Zelnick expressed his stance on how video games should be priced on a per-hour basis. The GTA 6 publisher’s CEO elaborated on the statement by going over how the algorithm is designed when talking about entertainment properties and the customer’s perceived value of the product.
In terms of pricing for any entertainment property, basically the algorithm is the value of the expected entertainment usage, which is to say that the per-hour value times the number of expected hours plus the terminal value that’s perceived by the customer in ownership if the title is actually owned, not, say, rented or subscribed to. And you’ll see that that bears out in every kind of entertainment vehicle. By that standard, our frontline prices are still very, very low because we offer many hours of engagement.”
Moving on, Zelnick talked about how the industry provides a fantastic price-to-value opportunity for consumers overall. They went on to say, “That doesn’t necessarily mean that the industry has pricing power or wants to have pricing power. However, there is a great deal of value offered.”
Similar Content To Read Up On:
- GTA 6 Is Finally Coming; The First Trailer Is Dropping Early December
- GTA 6 Will Reportedly Feature “Realistic Animations” As Per New Patent
- GTA 6 Possibly Hit With A Small Internal Delay, Earnings Call Hints
The next entry in Rockstar’s flagship franchise has been a hot topic for quite some time and recently gained even greater momentum due to a storm of leaks along with an official trailer confirmation. Prior to these happenings, it was also discovered that the title had been rated by the ACB since April of this year.
While there hasn’t been a comment on when GTA 6 will be in stores, players can rest assured that it’s on its way and they’ll get the first look at the game this December.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍