Apex Legends has a pretty solid collection of legends, including Valkyrie. Her abilities allow her to be one of the unique units in the game, and her playstyle precedes that of the other legends, making her an absolute must-have teammate.
- Why Trust Us: Sameer has spent over 100 hours in Apex Legends, making his guides trustworthy!
Let’s take an overview of how she is and what exactly her playstyle consists of:
- Valkyrie is a recon legend excelling at gathering crucial information, such as enemy locations and the next ring’s position.
- Valkyrie’s unique abilities make her adept at honing in on enemy positions and strategic map awareness.
How To Get Valkyrie
- Apex Legends Valkyrie debuted in Season 9, running from May 4th to August 3rd, 2021, alongside the Bocek Compound Bow and the Olympus map.
- The season featured a Japanese-themed battle pass and a quest called “The Legacy Antigen.”
- Players acquired Valkyrie using Legend Tokens earned by leveling up, costing 12,000 tokens.
- Skin recolors could be obtained for 10,500 or 6,500 tokens, and daily challenge rerolls cost 200 or 500 tokens for the second and third attempts, respectively.
Moving on, let’s take a look at some of the base information that players might want to know more about Valkyrie:
Viability for Battle Royale: 5/5
Viability for Arena: 2/5
Let’s start discussing the different abilities offered by players, with 4 abilities that players can expect Valkyrie to have.
Let’s kick things off by introducing players to her Ultimate Ability, known as the Skyward Dive. Players can cast out the ultimate abilities after fully charging up, and they can click on Z if they are playing on a PC setup.
- Controller users can activate Valkyrie’s ultimate by pressing LB and RB or holding down on L1 and R1.
- The Skyward Dive is initiated with a single press, taking 3 minutes to charge fully.
- Teammates can interact with Valkyrie during setup to join the launch.
- The ultimate involves a 2-second setup mode before launching Valkyrie into the air.
- She reaches heights exceeding 130m during the 6.5-second flight, transitioning to a skydive position afterward.
Next up, we have the Missile Swarm skill. All players need to do if they are playing on a PC is to click on Q, and if they are playing on a controller, then they can click on LB or L1, depending on the type of controller that you end up using.
- Ability: Launches a barrage of 12 targeted mini-rockets, dealing damage and temporarily disorienting enemies, limiting their ability to counterattack.
- Cooldown: 30 seconds.
- Impact: Inflicts ongoing damage and reduces enemy movement briefly.
Now, when it comes to the passive ability, players can use the VTOL Jet, and to use it, players need to hold down on space if they are playing on PC, or they can go ahead and use A or X if they are using the controllers.
- The passive skill is described as having the player press down on the spacebar while airborne to use the jetpack.
- One thing that payers should keep in mind is that whenever they use the VTOL Jets, they will continue to use up a little bit of fuel simultaneously, and players can see how much fuel they have left on their screens.
- While the jets have been activated, players need to know that they are not able to make use of any of their weapons,
Last but not least, we have a perk that players can take a look at, which is the Recon that Valkyrie has. It is described as having the ability to allow players to scan the Survey Beacons, which reveals the circle’s next location. It ends up taking a total of 7 seconds to make any sort of interaction with the survey beacon, during which players can take damage.
My Thoughts On Valkyrie’s Potential
As a hardcore FPS player grinding Apex Legends after the latest patch, I’d advise not using Valkyrie if you are new to Apex. Valkyrie’s abilities may not seem to be that complex, but there is more to it.
It is obvious that players won’t be able to use weapons while using the VTOL jets, but if you drop down in order to take duels with enemies, then there will be a slight delay before you can equip your weapons; as a result, you will be making a fatal mistake, and you will be sent back to the lobby immediately. I’ve seen several newcomers overestimate the delay, and as such, most of them quickly change to another hero for the next match.
With all of the information provided above, my guide comes to an end. In this guide, I have mentioned every single detail regarding Valkyrie in Apex. Players can use Valkyrie’s Ultimate, “Skyward Dive,” for multiple purposes, such as chasing down enemies or flying into a circle.
While you’re at it, why not check out our Apex Legends Mobile Tier List, which goes into quite a bit of detail in regards to all the characters and ranks them from best to worst! Other than that, you might also like to read our Apex Legends Mobile Guns so that you are able to see which one might suit you best!
As a complete beginner, you will definitely find our Apex Legends Walkthrough guide helpful since it covers everything from tier lists best-selection guides and covers all that you need to know and more!
- Apex Legends Mobile Ranking System
- Apex Legends Mobile Rank Up Faster
- Apex Legends Mobile Best Legends
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍