The gilded chest in Baldur’s Gate 3 is a special chest that you’ll come across while exploring the Owlbear Cave. It is special in the sense that you cannot just open it up directly, as it may even harm your party. You’ll have to solve a puzzle in the area in order to unlock that chest.
Gilded Chest Location
The exact entrance of the Owlbear Nest is marked in the image above, and it is just upwards of the Blighted Village additionally. Once inside, inside the nest, you’ll have to make your way toward Selûne’s idol by traveling through the cave.
- The idol is really hard to miss, and you’ll spot it easily inside the cave.
- Once you reach Selûne’s idol, you’ll also see the gilded chest right next to it.
- Do not open the gilded chest at this point without solving the puzzle.
- If you open the chest without deciphering the puzzle, you can end up taking damage.
- Thankfully, the solution to the puzzle is located right behind Selûne’s idol.
Opening The Gilded Chest
This is how I solved the Gilded Chest in BG3:
- Firstly, jump to the other side of the chest, meaning the side of Selûne’s idol.
- Performing the jump will initiate a perception check additionally.
- If you’re successful in that perception check, then you’ll find a piece of paper on the ground behind the idol.
- That piece of paper is the Selûnite prayer sheet that you need to pick up.
- A religion check will also occur at this point, but it won’t matter if you pass it or not.
- Go back near the chest and recite the Selûnite prayer sheet.
- Access the Selûnite prayer sheet from your inventory and read it near the chest.
- Another religion check will occur here, and you’ll need to pass that one to unlock the chest.
- After reciting the prayer sheet and passing the religion check, the gilded chest will unlock.
I obtained the following items by opening up the gilded chest;
- A smaller idol statue of Selûne
- Moondrop Pendant
- Selunite Rite Scroll
The bloodstone can be used to either restore health or to get buffs in Baldur’s Gate 3. Additionally, the Moondrop Pendant protects its wearer from opportunity attacks when their total health is below 50%.
Baldur’s Gate 3, which is now famously known for its bear scene with Halsin, is actually one of the best RPGs ever released. It is packed with hours of content where you go on an adventure with your party and characters with the best builds and classes. Some powerful builds include the Paladin and Sorcerer builds. Feats also add an extra layer of customization to your builds additionally.
This concludes my guide on the gilded chest in Baldur’s Gate 3, which is located in the Owlbear Cave. I have not only entailed the exact location of the chest but have also explained the method of unlocking the gilded chest additionally. The rewards that you get by opening the chest have also been mentioned. Let me know what you think about Baldur’s Gate 3 in the comments below!
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Ranger Gloom Stalker Build
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Warlock
- Baldur’s Gate 3: All Companions
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍