The BG3 Burrow holes are small openings in the ground that can be found throughout the world. They are often used by small creatures, such as rats and spiders, to travel between areas. However, players can also use Burrow Holes to their advantage, as they can provide shortcuts to new locations or secret areas.
Spotting Burrow Holes In BG3
These minor openings are commonly encountered during wilderness exploration and can be detected by making a Perception check. As your party travels through the area, being close to a potential Burrow Hole or Crevice will trigger a check for everyone in the group. If at least one character succeeds, you’ll be able to identify and interact with the opening.
- To ensure that you uncover all these openings, it’s recommended to explore the surroundings with characters possessing high Wisdom attributes.
- Characters like Halsin or Shadowheart, who have strong Wisdom scores, are well-suited for this task.
- If, by any chance, your entire party fails the initial check, you have the option to either switch out companions or summon a familiar to initiate another check and potentially discover the hidden opening.
Entering Burrow Holes In Baldur’s Gate 3
To successfully enter a Burrow Hole in BG3, players must utilize a character of a very small size. The character needs to be even tinier than the standard Gnome or Halfling characters. Here’s how to meet the size requirements.
|Enlarge-Reduce||Level 2 spell to shrink character for burrow hole access.|
|Disguise Self||Use illusion to mimic smaller race, then enter burrow holes.|
|Gaseous Form||Transform into gas with Level 3 skill for burrow hole access.|
|Wild Shape||Level 2+ Druids can turn into small animals to navigate burrow holes.|
Players controlling a Gnome or Halfling character can employ the Enlarge-Reduce spell, a Level 2 Transmutation spell. This spell shrinks the character to a size suitable for accessing Burrow Holes. Sorcerers and Wizards can learn this spell, and it can also be discovered in the form of a Potion or Scroll.
If a player’s character is not a Gnome or Halfling, they can utilize the Disguise Self spell, a Level 1 Illusion spell, to transform into one of these smaller races. Subsequently, the player can cast the Reduce spell on the disguised character, enabling them to enter Burrow Holes.
Another BG3 Burrow Hole tool is the utilization of the Gaseous Form ability. Falling within the domain of Transmutation magic and classified as a Level 3 skill, this capability enables your character to transform into a compact cloud of gas. As a result of this transformation, your character gains the capacity to access Burrow Holes and within Baldur’s Gate 3.
For players who control a Druid character of Level 2 or higher in Baldur’s Gate 3, they can utilize the Wild Shape ability. Druids can use this ability to transform into a variety of animals, including small creatures such as cats and squirrels. This allows them to enter Burrow Holes without having to cast a spell.
Enter Crevices In Baldur’s Gate 3
A noteworthy distinction is that crevices are relatively larger compared to Burrow Holes, making them comparatively simpler to navigate through. In Baldur’s Gate 3, small races like Gnomes and Halflings can easily go through crevices without needing the Reduce spell. Likewise, characters adopting a Gnome or Halfling guise can similarly exploit this passage. Players possess a variety of methods to navigate through crevices, as discussed above. You can choose the best among these.
- Employ the Reduce spell on any character, regardless of their race, to shrink and fit through crevices.
- Choose the Gaseous Form spell to transform into a gas for passing through Crevices.
- Employ the Druid’s Wild Shape ability to transform into a smaller creature for crevice traversal.
You can also refer to the Subreddit to find the tips to enter Burrow Holes and Crevices. Should this guide prove valuable, delve further into topics like the Necromancy of Thay or uncover The Dark Urge in Baldur’s Gate 3 for an enriched gaming experience.
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Who Is Guardian
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Efrin [How To Dispel Petrification & Stats]
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Should You Use Vulkan or DX11?
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍