The M16 is essentially a three-round burst Assault Rifle that comes with a high Time To Kill. Since the M16 serves to be a weapon for situations involving mid to long-range combat, we have put together a list of attachments that maximizes this very aspect of the M16.
- Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 features a great range of powerful and efficient Assault Rifles.
- The M16 is a special Assault Rifle that features a three-round burst shot mode.
- Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 continues the tradition of allowing customizability in weapon classes.
- The game comes with even advanced features that allow for maximum customizability according to personal preference.
- With the attachments and perks we have chosen for the best M13B weapon class setup, you will be able to obliterate all the enemies that you face in Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.
Best M16 Loadout And Attachments
The following attachments constitute the best M16 loadout in Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0:
- Rear Grip: XTEN Grip (Unlocks at M4 Level 16) or Sakin ZX Grip
- Muzzle or Underbarrel: Harbinger D20 or VX Pineapple (Unlocks at 556 Icarus Level 14)
- Optic: Hybrid Firepoint (Unlocks at Lachmann-762 Level 14) or SZ SRO-7 (Unlocks at M16 Level 11)
- Stock: Corio Precio Factory (Unlocks at M4 Level 7) or Ordnance Ravage-8
- Ammunition: Magazine: 45-Round Mag (Unlocks at M4 Level 5) or 5.56 Frangible (Unlocks at Lachmann-556 Level 8) or 5.56 Armor Piercing (Unlocks at M4 Level 9)
Making use of the attachments mentioned above will help you be prepared for almost every situation that you can imagine. Whether it is close combat or an exchange of fire from afar, the M16 will prove to be very handy with these attachments.
- For the Rear Grip, we have chosen the XTEN Grip. The XTEN Grip serves to greatly enhance the aim down the sight speed of the weapon. It also functions to increase the sprint-to-fire speed of the M16 as well. The XTEN Grip, however, reduces the recoil control of the gun by some margin. Coupled with the Corio Precio Factory stock that we have recommended, the reduction in the recoil control can be offset. You can also combine it with Ordnance Ravage-8 to enhance mobility instead.
- A good alternative to the XTEN Grip is the Sakin ZX Grip. It serves to add a good amount of recoil control to the M16, which is also a much desirable characteristic.
- For the Muzzle, the Harbinger D20 has to be the heaviest attachment that you add to the M16. However, the exceptionally well boost in range as well as the recoil control of the gun are definitely worth the added weight.
- A good alternative to the Harbinger D20 is the VX Pineapple Underbarrel. The VX Pineapple Underbarrel serves to increase the player’s control over the gun’s recoil. The recoil control especially comes in handy when you are taking out a target from afar with longer-range scopes. The reduced recoil greatly enhances your accuracy.
- For the Optic slot, we have two recommendations. First, the Hybrid Firepoint proves to be useful for all kinds of combat situations. The Hybrid Firepoint is especially useful for situations when you have to immediately switch sightlines a lot. It allows you to switch from close-range to long-range settings while you are on the move.
- The other option for the Optic slot is the SZ SRO-7. Unlike the Hybrid Firepoint which is good for all types of combat situations, the SZ SRO-7 is focused more on long-range encounters. It stands out especially in situations where you have good cover and in corners in order to mount for enhanced stability of the weapon.
- For the Stock, the go-to option is Corio Precio Factory. The Corio Precio Factory works wonders for situations involving long-range counters as it greatly improves on the aim stability. Moreover, it also serves to increase the recoil control of the weapon. The Corio Precio Factory, however, affects the mobility of your character.
- In order to compensate for the effect that the Corio Precio Factory has on mobility, we have chosen the Ordnance Ravage-8. The Ravage-8 provides very juicy buffs to your aim and sprint speed. On top of that, it also enhances crouch movement and aims down the sight speed as well. This is the go-to Stock option for you if you wish to adopt a rather mobile play style.
We have multiple alternatives for the Ammunition/Magazine slot for the best M16 loadout in COD Warzone 2.0.
- The primary focus of our best M16 loadout in Call of Duty Warzone 2.0 is to be able to take out more enemies from afar. The 5.56 Frangible proves to be very useful in taking care of such long-range encounters, even if the enemy is hidden behind the cover. This is because the rounds from the 5.56 Frangible delay your opponents’ healing capability temporarily.
- The first alternative to the 5.56 Frangible is the 5.56 Armor Piercing. The rounds from the 5.56 Armor Piercing have increased bullet penetration. Moreover, they also come with increased damage to vehicles. Call Of Duty: Warzone 2.0 is crawling with all sorts of vehicles, hence increased damage against them is something that is definitely needed for a confirmed victory.
- Last but not least we have the 45-Round Mag in the Magazine Slot for the best M16 loadout in COD Warzone 2.0. We only recommend going with the 45-Round Mag if you are the type to prefer extra bullets per mag over increased statistics of the weapon. Although the 45-Round Mag is going to have a toll on your movement and the handling speed in general, the extra rounds per magazine will surely come in handy for situations where you find yourself cornered by a lot of hostile folks.
Best M16 Class Build (Perks And Equipment)
Since the M16 serves to be a weapon for situations involving mid to long-range combat, we have put together a list of perks and equipment that maximizes this very aspect of the M16. The following constitute the best M16 loadout in Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0:
- Perk Package: Vanguard (Unlocks at Level 1)
- Secondary Weapon: FSS Hurricane or Expedite 12
- Lethal Equipment: Semtex (Unlocks at Level 20)
- Tactical Equipment: Spotter Scope (Unlocks at Level 1) or Shock Stick (Unlocks at Level 1)
For the Perk Package for the best M16 loadout in Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0, we have chosen Vanguard as our recommendation. The Vanguard Perk Package comes with the perks Double Time, Bomb Squad, Resupply, and High Alert.
- Although the attachments that we have listed for the best M16 loadout in COD Warzone 2.0 are focused on maximizing the stability of the weapon and making it as much effective as possible at long ranges, being able to switch sightlines is something that is required by default as the circle closes in on you during a given typical Warzone 2.0 match. This is where Double Time comes in with its considerable boosts to the tactical sprint duration. Double Time also serves to increase your movement speed while in the crouched position.
- The second perk in the Vanguard Perk Package is Bomb Squad. Bomb Squad helps protect you from different forms of explosives. It essentially reduces the damage you take from explosions initiated by your enemies. It also happens to reset the fuse on any hostile live grenades that you pick up, allowing you to toss them back over to let your enemy have a taste of their own medicine.
- The third perk in the Vanguard Perk Package is Resupply. Resupply essentially equips you with an additional lethal grenade right from the get-go. Not only that, it initiates a constantly regenerating timer of 30 seconds to regain your tactical and lethal equipment. A much-required feat in any Battle Royale setting.
- Lastly, for the slot of the Ultimate Perk, the Vanguard Perk Package comes with High Alert. High Alert essentially notifies you whenever an enemy spots you by making your vision pulse. This is especially useful for when you cannot see the enemy but they can see you.
The M16 is a very good weapon at mid to long-range should you customize it to match the best M16 loadout in COD Warzone 2.0 as has been discussed in this article. However, the M16 simply cannot keep up with other weapons and items at close range. Naturally, the secondary weapon has to be one that is focused on acing close-range encounters, essentially providing a very well-rounded build for situations of all sorts in Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0.
The FSS Hurricane
The first option for the secondary weapon is the FSS Hurricane. It is, by far one of the best, if not the best SMG in Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0. The FSS Hurricane compensates for the shortfalls of the M16 when it comes to situations involving close-range combat. On top of that, the FSS Hurricane is a weapon with extremely high accuracy. It essentially allows you to confirm a kill should your M16 fail at doing so.
The Expedite 12
The other option for the secondary weapon is the Expedite 12. Just like the FSS Hurricane is regarded highly in the SMGs class, the Expedite 12 is considered to be one of the best, if not the best Shotgun in Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0. The Expedite 12 essentially allows you to obliterate enemies in one shot at close range, something which is much needed with the M16 weapon loadout.
For the Lethal Equipment slot, the Semtex proves to be a very good option with the best M16 loadout in COD Warzone 2.0. Being able to stick enemies with live grenades comes with its own class and satisfaction. Not only that, it scores better than the Frag Grenade in the sense that it allows for more precision and has more chances of securing a kill, while the Frag Grenade happens to roll away more often than not.
For the Tactical Equipment slot, the Shock Stick paired with Semtex is a very good option. The Shock Stick essentially sticks to surfaces. Not only that, but it is also able to electrocute enemies and destroy equipment belonging to the enemies themselves.
A good alternative to the Shock Stick is the Spotter Scope for the Tactical Equipment in the best M16 loadout in Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0. As the name indicates, the Spotter Scope allows you to spot and then mark your enemies from a distance. This is all thanks to the Spotter Scope’s ability to be able to switch between standard as well as a thermal imaging modes. This essentially helps you in providing reconnaissance by determining the exact location of your enemies.
How To Unlock The M16 In Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0
Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0 follows a very similar system of unlocking weapons as Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 itself. This system is essentially much different from the usual weapon unlocking systems that we have been seeing in earlier Call Of Duty titles.
Many of the weapons in the game are now unlocked by playing with and leveling up weapons within certain families which are termed as Platforms. In order to unlock the M16, you have to play with the 556 Icarus and level it all the way up to level 12. In order to be able to play with the 556 Icarus, you first have to play with and then level the M4 all the way up to level 15.
Once you have unlocked the M16, you will be needing to play with it and level it up in order to unlock its attachment slots. It is also worth mentioning that many of the attachments are unlocked by leveling other weapons up. These weapons are also not limited to the weapon class family that the M16 belongs to, i.e., the M4 Platform. They can be weapons outside the M4 Platform as well.
The guide above is essentially the best M16 loadout in Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0 which turns the M16 into a very effective Assault Rifle option. However, not all people are fond of the three-shot burst that the M16 boasts. Should you be in search of a similar weapon, make sure to check out STB 556. It is a highly precise Assault Rifle that is currently owning the meta as potentially the best Assault Rifle in the game.
You can also go with the FTAC Recon which is a Battle Rifle. Battle Rifles have lesser mobility than Assault Rifles, but they have considerably greater damage and range. The FTAC Recon boasts a very high stopping power and accuracy and is designed for the same ranges as the M16.
Call Of Duty titles have featured the M16 since as far back as the days of Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007) itself. The signature three-shot burst that the M16 features is not quite as good as it used to be back in the days of the original Modern Warfare series. Hence, it requires just the right set of attachments and perks to constitute the best M16 loadout in COD Warzone 2.0.
Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0 is here, and with it comes a brand-new huge arsenal of weapons to choose from. It has been a tradition in Call Of Duty games to not only introduce new weapons, perks, and attachments but bring back old ones as well.
One such weapon is none other than the original M16 Assault Rifle itself. Since the game’s launch, players have been looking for the best M16 loadout in Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0 as the focus is once again shifted to the Battle Royale scene that Warzone 2.0 builds upon from its predecessor.
That wraps up our guide on the best M16 loadout in Call Of Duty Warzone 2.0. Do try the attachments and perks listed above and let us know what you think of the loadout we have put forward. We always recommend customizing things to fit your personal preference, since everybody has their own preferences.
Other than that, the game also features weapon tuning so that you can customize each attachment to your liking. Thus, you should try different attachments alongside this weapon to see which one suits the most and gets you the easiest Warzone Victory!
If you’re looking for other great secondary weapons to go alongside the M16, consider checking out our guide on the best LMGs in COD Warzone 2.0. If you’re looking for long-range weapons instead, read up on the best Snipers and their Loadouts in the game. Additionally, you could also check out the best loadouts in COD Warzone 2.0, where we cover weapons from all classes.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍