The Moonveil Katana is a powerful blade of the Elden Ring. Our team ranked this Katana as an S-teir blade in their best Katanas guide. Moonveil is a powerful weapon that can deal tons of physical and magic damage and still be aesthetically pleasing. The location of the Moonveil Katana is quite tricky in the Elden Ring as it is located in a hidden cave on the right side of Caelid.
Reaching Gael Tunnel For Moonveil Katana
- Level up to around level 30 to prepare for the mini-boss battle at the Moonveil Katana location.
- Travel to the Limgrave and Caelid region border.
- From Limgrave, pass through the Summonwater Village ruins.
- Continue on to the Shack of Rottings. If you’ve been there before, you won’t need to rediscover it.
- From the Shack of Rottings, head south through the opening.
This guide will help you reach the Moonveil Katana’s location, which can be tricky to find on your own in the Elden Ring.
The Gael Tunnel is located along the cliffs. Here, you’ll find a pathway with two soldiers that are standing guard. You can either engage with them or sneak by them to enter the tunnel. After crossing the soldiers, you’ll need to get down the cliff to the tunnel’s entrance. Without your Torrent horse, you’ll have to make sure that you don’t end up tripping, or else your player might die.
Exploring Gael Tunnel
In the tunnel, you’ll encounter knights and miners. Backstab the knights for an easier takedown. Approach miners cautiously due to their bomb throws. To bypass these enemies, I recommend running straight ahead for a shortcut leading to the Moonveil Katana location. Descend a ramp into a tunnel.
- Safely descend the tunnel by taking a clockwise path to avoid falling.
- Stick to the left path to reach the mini-boss “Magma Wyrm Makar” located behind a fogged door.
- Rest at the Site of Grace before the fight for preparation.
- Proceed to the location of the Moonveil Katana and confront the Magma Wyrm.
Fighting The Magma Wyrm
I’ve faced this tough boss multiple times, and here are my expert tips:
- Put on fire-resistant armor to mitigate fire damage from the Wyrm.
- Equip the Flamedrake Talisman if you have it; it boosts fire damage negation by 13%. Consider upgrading it for better fire damage protection.
- Ashen Remains can also aid you if you’re facing the boss solo.
This preparation is essential because the Magma Wyrm primarily deals fire damage during the fight. Despite wielding a large sword, it mostly attacks by spewing lava, especially in the confined boss arena where you’ll find the Moonveil Katana.
The Fight For Moonveil Katana
After trying this almost 10 times, here’s what I figured:
- Magma Wyrm’s slow but powerful attacks can be fatal if your health isn’t full. Attack during its slow recovery after moves.
- Dodge the AoE shockwaves caused by sword or body strikes in close quarters by observing its arm and body movements.
- Keep a safe distance when the Wyrm vomits lava or runs around to avoid fire damage. Recognize the attack patterns when it launches into the air at half HP and dodge accordingly.
- Magic users have an advantage; attack from a distance, reposition, and avoid greed. For other classes, maintain distance, attack from behind, and watch out for sweep attacks.
- Practice precise timing to dodge the Wyrm’s circular sweeps for survival.
By following these strategies, you can defeat the Magma Wyrm and claim the Moonveil Katana successfully in Elden Ring.
Rewards For Killing Magma Wyrm
Once you’re successful in killing the Magma Wyrm, you’ll get 7500 Runes and a Dragon Heart. But that’s not all, you get the Moonveil Katana too. The Moonveil Katana is the perfect reward for killing a Wyrm as powerful as this one. If you are running low on Runes, I suggest checking out our guide on farming Fastest Runes in Elden Ring.
Moonveil Katana Weapon Stats
You might be wondering, why go through all the trouble to get the Moonveil Katana? It is one of the greatest weapons for people who focus on intelligence and dexterity stats in the Elden Ring. Moonveil Katana makes it the perfect melee weapon for players who use sorceries and rely a little bit on Dex as well.
Because to increase the damage, you’ll have to increase the intelligence stats. By doing so, you’ll be increasing Katana’s damage. Also, if you’re going for intelligence builds, then you can’t find any better alternative than Moonveil.
Using the skill of Moonveil Katana will cause the player to sheath it and perform a stronger version of its attack. You can either do the normal attack or the heavy attack.
Wielding the Katana requires the player to have 12 strength, 18 dexterity, and 23 intelligence. That’s why it is better that you level up before you go to the Moonveil Katana location to fight the Wyrm. What good is a weapon that you can’t equip?
Getting to the Moonveil Katana location in the Elden Ring is hard, and getting the blade itself is quite harder. But all the hard work is worth it if you plan on pursuing to be a mage. The Moonveil Katana is good at close quarters to finish the enemies.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍