Several Dark and Darker players have recently reported that they cannot join matches due to a matchmaking problem with the servers. Since the game is still in its testing stages, such issues are bound to arise. If you’re also having trouble connecting to the server in Dark and Darker, don’t worry. We have compiled all the essential fixes that will help you fix the “Dark and Darker Not Connecting” error and get back into the game in no time.
- Dark and Darker players have encountered a connectivity issue with the game that hinders their ability to play the game.
- The error usually occurs when the game developers shut down the servers for maintenance.
- The error could also appear due to corrupt game files, Anti-virus software, bad internet connectivity, and faulty cache data.
- Fortunately, the error can be easily solved by repairing the game files, restarting the internet, disabling the anti-virus, and a few more fixes mentioned in this guide.
The “Dark and Darker not connecting to server” error mostly appear when IRON MACE Games shut down the online servers for maintenance work. While this error usually arises from the developer’s side, the error could also occur due to corrupt game files, bad internet connectivity, and a couple of other concerns on the player’s end.
If the latter is the case, there are a few fixes that you can implement to ensure that everything is working fine on your side. In this guide, we will cover all of the important fixes that you can easily apply to fix the server connection issue. Let’s get right to it.
Check Server Status
Since Dark and Darker is a PvPvE game that needs to be connected to the online servers at all times, it is possible that the developers have shut down the servers for maintenance. You can check the server status by heading to the game developer’s official Twitter page.
Developers frequently tweet about patches, server status, and maintenance times. We recommend checking the server status before moving on to the other fixes below, as it can save you some time.
Disable the Anti-virus or Add to Exclusions
Your third-party anti-virus software could also be responsible for the “Dark and Darker not connecting” error. Sometimes the anti-virus software can mistake game files for malicious files. You have to ensure that Dark and Darker game is allowed through your anti-virus security in anti-virus’ security settings.
Alternatively, you can also uninstall the anti-virus completely. Although it is not recommended, it might help solve the error. Follow these steps to uninstall your anti-virus software.
- Press “Windows key + I” on the keyboard to open the run box and search for “appwiz.cpl”.
- Now right-click on the “Antivirus” software and click on “Uninstall.”
After uninstalling your anti-virus software, run the game and see if you still encounter the “Dark and Darker not connecting” error.
Run Game as Administrator
It is possible that Dark and Darker is not running with administrator privileges, causing the “Dark and Darker not connecting” error to appear. We recommend running Dark and Darker as an administrator so the application can access your PC’s game files. Follow the steps below to Run Dark and Darker as an administrator.
- Right-click the Dark and Darker Application on your desktop and select Properties.
- Head to the Compatibility tab
- Tick-mark the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click OK.
- Run Dark and Darker to see if the problem is resolved.
Check and Restart your Internet Connection
To play Dark and Darker smoothly, you must have a stable and fast internet connection. Bad Internet connectivity will cause matchmaking problems and also cause the game to lag.
You can check your Internet speed on the Speedtest website. Restarting the Internet router once is also recommended, as it might fix the connectivity problems.
Enable or Disable VPN
You might be able to fix the “Dark and Darker not connecting” error by using a VPN. This way, you can switch your server region and fix any connectivity issues related to your ISP.
However, suppose you’re already using a VPN and having trouble connecting to the servers. In that case, we recommend turning the VPN off, as the server you’re connected to might be causing the “Dark and Darker not connecting” error.
It is possible for the Crossplay option to be turned off by default, resulting in server matchmaking issues. By enabling Crossplay in the game options, you might be able to fix the “Dark and Darker not connecting” error. Follow the steps below to enable Crossplay in the game.
- Run Dark and Darker.
- Head over to the Settings menu.
- Enable the Cross-play feature in the Account Tab.
Play the game to see if the matchmaking issue is resolved.
Restart the PC and Game
As simple as it may be, restarting the PC and the game could sometimes fix any issues by resetting the cache data that might be causing connectivity issues with the game. Many other players could resolve the “Dark and Darker not connecting” issue by restarting their PC and the game.
Repair the Game Files
Sometimes, the “Dark and Darker not connecting” problem is caused by corrupted or missing game files that can create server connectivity issues. It is worth trying to repair your game files in case any of the important game files that might be missing or corrupt can be replaced or downloaded. You can verify the integrity of the game files on Steam by following the steps below:
- Launch Steam.
- Head to your Game Library.
- Right-click on Dark and Darker.
- Select Properties.
- Go to Local Files and click on Verify Integrity of game files…
- Steam will then scan for any files that were corrupt and replace them.
The verification might take some time, depending on the game size. After the game is verified, Launch it to see if the error is fixed.
Update the Game
Connectivity errors can also be caused when the game client version differs from the online servers. You can update the game through your Steam application by following the steps below:
- Run Steam and head to your Games Library.
- Find Dark and Darker in your games list and Click on it.
- Steam will tell you if there is any update available for the game.
- If an update is available, click on Update.
- Wait for the update to finish downloading, and then run the game.
Enable Automatic Updates
It is important to turn on automatic updates for the game, so Steam can automatically search for updates and install them anytime without needing player input.
- Run Steam on your PC.
- Go to your Games Library.
- Right-click the game and select properties.
- Open the Updates Tab and choose Always keep the games updated below the Automatic Updates section.
- Steam will then search for any updates for the game if they’re available.
Reinstall Dark and Darker
If repairing and updating the game did not solve the “Dark and Darker not connecting” problem, the last resort would be to perform a fresh reinstall to replace corrupted configuration files with the defaults. First, you need to uninstall the game. Once that is done, you can reinstall it on Steam.
Wait for the Server Issue to be Resolved
Suppose you can still not connect to the Dark and Darker servers after trying all of the fixes above. In that case, the connectivity issue is likely happening from the developer’s side. There isn’t much else you can do besides waiting for the developers to finish maintenance and patch the game. Stay current on the latest Dark and Darker news on the Twitter account and Steam News page.
Did We Help You Solve Dark and Darker Not Connecting Issue?
That’s all for our guide on how to fix the “Dark and Darker Failed to Connect to Server” problem. We hope you resolved the error after implementing the aforementioned fixes. If you’re still unable to fix the error, we recommend emailing IRON MACE Games at email@example.com for further support.
Do you want to know the best weapons, perks, and builds for the Ranger class in Dark and Darker? Read our guide on the Dark and Darker Ranger: Weapons, Perks & Builds to utilize the Ranger class to its full potential.
Find out what Physical Power is and how to build the best class for it in our Dark and Darker: Physical Power & Builds guide.
If you could solve the problems of this error code with our aforementioned solutions, then be sure to let us know in the comments box below. For more informative articles about Dark and Darker, stick around at eXputer!
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍