Final Fantasy 16 is coming to PlayStation 5 on June 22, 2023. With four diverse game editions – Standard, Deluxe, Collector’s, and Digital Deluxe – each packed with their own unique offerings, there’s a version for every type of fan. Picking the right edition is key to experiencing the feel of the Final Fantasy 16 plot & story. From collectible statues for the superfan to digital extras for the modern gamer, each edition offers something special. Choose wisely to start your Final Fantasy 16 adventure in the best way possible!
All Final Fantasy 16 Editions Compared
Here is an overview of each of the FF 16 game editions, what each one offers & what you can potentially get or miss per game copy.
|Final Fantasy 16 EDITION||STANDARD||DELUXE||COLLECTOR'S||DIGITAL DELUXE|
|Exclusive Steelbook Case||✔️ (at Best Buy)||✔️||✔️||❌|
|Cloth World Map||❌||✔️||✔️||❌|
|Digital Mini Art Book||❌||❌||❌||✔️|
|Digital Mini Soundtrack||❌||❌||❌||✔️|
|Blood Sword (Digital Item)||❌||❌||✔️||❌|
How Many Final Fantasy 16 Editions Are Available?
Final Fantasy 16 releases in four different editions:
- Standard Edition: This is the basic version. It just includes Final Fantasy 16 and any bonuses that come with preordering it.
- Deluxe Edition: This one costs more than the Standard Edition. Along with Final Fantasy 16, you get a few physical items like a cloth world map of Valisthea and a special steelbook case.
- Collector’s Edition: This edition is only sold in the Square Enix Store. It includes Final Fantasy 16 and a bunch of cool stuff like an Ifrit statue, a set of 8 pins, a cloth world map, a special steelbook case, and a digital item called the Blood Sword.
- Digital Deluxe Edition: This one is a digital-only version. It doesn’t have any physical items, but you get Final Fantasy 16, the preorder bonus, and some digital extras like a mini digital art book and a mini digital soundtrack.
1. Final Fantasy 16 Standard EditionThe Standard Edition is the most basic version of the FF16. If you buy this edition, you will get Final Fantasy 16 itself. That’s it, nothing else. It’s just the game in its simplest form. However, if you preorder the Standard Edition, you will get a bonus. The bonus includes two digital items:
- Cait Sith Charmthat boosts your Gil (the in-game currency),
- Bonus weapon called Braveheart.
Also, if you preorder the Standard Edition specifically from Best Buy, you get an extra freebie – an exclusive Steelbookcase to keep your game disc. This is a special offer only from Best Buy.
2. Final Fantasy 16 Deluxe Edition Contents
The Deluxe Edition of Final Fantasy 16 is a step up from the Standard Edition. It costs more, but you also get more. If you buy this edition, you get Final Fantasy 16, plus a few cool things:
- Cloth World Map of Valisthea: This is a physical item. It’s a map made of cloth that shows Valisthea, the world in which Final Fantasy 16 takes place.
- Special Clive Rosfield Steelbook Case: This is a special case for Final Fantasy 16, featuring the character Clive Rosfield. It’s not just a regular case, it’s a Steelbook case, which is a kind of high-quality, collectible case.
If you preorder the Deluxe Edition, just like the Standard Edition, you also get the preorder bonus. The bonus includes a Cait Sith Charm to boost your Gil, and a bonus weapon named Braveheart.
If you order the Deluxe Edition from Best Buy, you’ll get two Steelbook cases: the one that comes with the Deluxe Edition and another one exclusive to Best Buy.
3. Final Fantasy 16 Collector’s Edition Contents
The Collector’s Edition is the big one. It’s the most expensive edition, but it also has the most stuff. You can only get this edition from the Square Enix Store. If you buy this edition, you get:
- FF16 Game: Of course, you get FF16 itself.
- Ifrit Statue: This is a cool, physical item. It’s a statue of Ifrit, one of the creatures from FF16.
- Set of 8 Pins: You also get a set of 8 pins. You can put these in your bag, your clothes, wherever you like.
- Cloth World Map of Valisthea: Like the Deluxe Edition, you get a cloth map of Valisthea, the world in FF16.
- Special Clive Rosfield Steelbook Case: You also get a steelbook case for FF16, featuring Clive Rosfield.
- Blood Sword (Digital Item): In addition to all the physical items, you get a digital item, the Blood Sword. This is something you can use in FF16.
Just like the other editions, if you preorder the Collector’s Edition, you get the preorder bonus. That’s the Cait Sith Charm to boost your Gil and a bonus weapon named Braveheart. So, if you buy the Collector’s Edition of Final Fantasy 16, you get the game, a bunch of cool physical items, a digital item, and if you preorder, some bonus items. It’s a lot of stuff, which is why it costs more than the other editions.
4. Final Fantasy 16 Digital Deluxe Edition
The Digital Deluxe Edition is a special version that you can only get as a download. It doesn’t come with any physical items, because it’s all digital. If you buy this edition, here’s what you get:
- Final Fantasy 16: Just like every other edition, you get FF16 itself.
- Digital Mini Art Book: This is a digital book full of art from FF16. You can look through it to see cool drawings and designs from Final Fantasy 16.
- Digital Mini Soundtrack: This is a selection of music from FF16. It’s digital, so you can listen to it on your computer or wherever you like to listen to digital music.
Just like the other editions, if you preorder the Digital Deluxe Edition, you also get the preorder bonus. That includes a Cait Sith Charm to boost your Gil, and a bonus weapon called Braveheart.
If you preorder a digital copy of FF16 on the PlayStation Store, you’ll also receive an extra in-game item called Scholar’s Spectacles. So, to sum it up, the Digital Deluxe Edition of Final Fantasy 16 gives you the game, a digital art book, a digital mini soundtrack, and some bonus items if you preorder.
Which Final Fantasy 16 Version Should You Buy?
If you just want to play FF16 and nothing else, the Standard Edition is the best choice. If you like collectibles and can afford to spend a bit more, the Deluxe Edition or the Collector’s Edition could be best. If you prefer digital and want some extra digital content, the Digital Deluxe Edition is the way to go.
The Final Fantasy 16 Standard Edition is the simplest version of FF16, so it’s best for players who just want to play FF16 without any extras. It’s the cheapest, so it’s also a good choice for anyone on a budget.
The FF16 Deluxe Edition comes with some extra physical items. This makes it a good choice for players who like collectibles, especially if they’re fans of Final Fantasy. The cloth map and special steelbook case are really cool items that any fan would love.
The Collector’s Edition of FF 16 is the most expensive version, but it also comes with the most stuff. This edition is best for the biggest fans of Final Fantasy. The Ifrit statue, the set of pins, the cloth map, and the special steelbook case are all great collectibles. The Blood Sword digital item is also a nice bonus for FF16. If you’re a big fan and you can afford it, this is the edition to get.
The Digital Deluxe Edition is perfect for players who don’t care about physical items and just want FF16 and some digital extras. The digital art book and mini soundtrack are nice bonuses, and because it’s all digital, you don’t have to worry about delivery or finding a place to store the physical items.
Why Collector’s Edition Is Worth Your Money?
As a long-time Final Fantasy player, let me tell you, the Collector’s Edition of Final Fantasy 16 is where it’s at! Why, you ask? Well, if you’re like me and you’ve been following this series since the first Chocobo squawked, then you know we’re not just in it for the gameplay.
You see, the Collector’s Edition is like a treasure chest of Final Fantasy goodies. You get an Ifrit statue – and come on, who wouldn’t want a fiery Eidolon guarding their game room? Then there’s a set of 8 pins. You can stick them to your bag, hat, or even your cat.
And let’s not forget about the special Clive Rosfield steelbook case. The dude’s a legend in the making. Having his brooding face on your game case? Priceless! Plus, in FF16, you get the Blood Sword! It’s digital, but who cares? It’s a Blood Sword! You’ll be cutting down foes left, right, and center.
So, in short, if you’re a true fan, you’re grabbing that Collector’s Edition of Final Fantast 16 without second thoughts. Well, that sums up my thoughts and information on Final Fantasy 16 game editions. Before you move on to the next best thing, visit the Final Fantasy 16 Voice Actors guide & learn about the fantastic people who gave their voices to iconic characters in FF16.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍