God Of War Ragnarok offers you a variety of different side quests, which are called favors in-game. One of these favors you will encounter is the Path of Destruction.
[Note: Some parts may have spoilers in them. Read at your own discretion.]
How To Find The Path Of Destruction Favor
The Path Of Destruction side quest is located in the Jungle area of the Vanaheim realm, which will be a previously inaccessible region of the realm that can be unlocked once you complete Return Of The River Side Quest. Before you even think about venturing straight to the location of the side quest, there are some requirements to accessing it properly and the location where you can find it.
Despite our mentioning the exact location to trigger the side quest, it is worth noting that you will come across various footprints around the Jungle area in Vanaheim, which will be directly linked to the clues of discovering the location of the Path of Destruction favor in God of War Ragnarok.
To complete this section of the game, follow these steps:
- Begin by making it daytime in the realm by interacting with the celestial altar. This will remove obstacles blocking your path to the side quest location. The nearest celestial altar can be found on the bottom shore of the map.
- Next, hop into your boat and navigate to the boat dock located on the far-right side of the map.
- Prepare for a battle against two ogres and a few other enemies known as the Nokken. Your primary focus should be eliminating the Nokken quickly to prevent them from making the Ogre invulnerable to damage.
- Once you’ve dealt with the Nokken, target the Ogre with the lower health bar and stun him. This will allow you to ride his back and deal extra damage to the other Ogre in the area.
By following these steps, you’ll be able to progress through this section of the game in God of War Ragnarok.
After defeating all of the enemies here, feel free to grab the nearby red loot chest for materials and Hacksilver here as well as one of Odin’s Ravens perched right next to the chest to the right of the arena. Now, as shown in the image above, hop across the gap using your Chaos Blades into an area that will be previously locked if you are here during the Night-time.
If you’ve been following Ratatoskar’s side quests, you should also come across the Summer Stag here, which you will need to interact with in order to progress the Stag of Seasons side quest. Make your way towards the right side here and watch out for the poison-spitting flowers on the vines nearby.
There should also be a Chain Rope shortcut that you can open, which will make things easier when you need to head back here in a few minutes. Make your way around the area in order to reach the crawl space we have shown in the image above to reach a large space with a downward section in the middle.
This will trigger Kratos and his companion to remark about discovering one of the Dragons they need to hunt down. After which, it will begin the Path of Destruction favor, and in case you still want to learn the exact location of the quest itself, we have detailed it in the image above for your convenience.
We have broken down the next steps and objectives of the Side quests into three different sections, which will make it easy for you to follow along with us. Once you have located the culprit of the footprints all over the Jungle area, your next objective of the favor will be to lure some drakes as bait for the Slag Horn.
Lure The Gulons Into The Cage
The next thing to do here is to jump straight down the middle platform hole. Before you do anything else, turn around and shoot at the rotatory mechanism above the gear until the cage around you is lifted, after which you immediately throw your axe at the gear below to freeze the lever and keep the cage hovered above ground level. Do it exactly as we have depicted in the image above for your convenience.
Make your way toward the locked gate to unlock it and progress it. Feel free to grab the Legendary Chest here, which will contain the Amulet Fragment needed to upgrade your total Amulet Enchantment Slots. Once you lift the gate up, get ready to lure a nearby drake back where you have the axe frozen in gear.
You only need a single drake here, and in our experience, your companion, whether it’s Atreus or Freya, will not shoot at the last one alive, so lure it to the middle platform without any kind of worry. As soon as the Drake is on the platform, simply dodge out quickly and call back the Leviathan Axe to drop the cage onto the beast. Now all you have to do is pull on the nearby chain to bring the platform back up.
Once you do, an audio cue will be played, and the Slag Horn drake will show up to feast on our bait. Now all you have to do is exit the area and make it back to the area above by backtracking. If you throw down the Chain Rope pile, as we said above, then you should easily be able to hop back around to the area with the crawl space.
Slag Horn Boss Fight
Prepare for the Slag Horn boss fight as soon as you re-enter the crawl space with the middle platform. This fight resembles battles with other similar dragons like the Crag Jaw and Gravel Belly but with a larger health bar and delayed attacks.
The most dangerous move is the Tail Swipe, indicated by a Yellow Circle. You can parry it or prefer dodging due to its long windup animation.
The other primary attacks include a ground pound (red circle), which requires dodging, and a biting attack. Sidestep to avoid the bite.
Additional tips can help make this fight easier and quicker.
- As shown in the image above, the slag horn will have brightly colored glowing spots on his front left and right arms where you can throw the Draupnir Spear at and stun him. Simply throw the spear at each marking by aiming it, and once each spear is in place, press or hold the triangle button to blow them up inside the boss. Hitting both spots will stun and collapse it momentarily, allowing you to deal extra DPS.
- One of the Best Shields in GOW Ragnarok includes the Stone Wall Shield, which allows you to power it up by blocking attacks. Once the shield is fully charged up and glowing, you can slam it into the ground by double tapping the L1 Button, dishing out enormous damage stun to enemies around you.
- It goes without saying that but be sure to exhaust all of your runic attacks from all three weapons as they can deal a huge chunk of damage within seconds.
- You can also pair your DPS with the Hilt of Hofund, which is one of the Best Relics in GOW Ragnarok, allowing you to briefly slow down time around you to deal damage without breaking a sweat.
Path Of Destruction Favor Rewards
You will receive the Regenerating Essence Amulet Enchantment, which will allow you to heal Kratos, along with which you will also receive an x1 Dragon Claw and x15 Purified Crystalline, which are rare crafting materials. You will need these materials in order to craft the Dragon Scaled Armor Set at the dwarf blacksmith shop. Most importantly, you will also complete the Path Of Destruction Favor in God Of War Ragnarok.
- Best Armor Sets In GOW Ragnarok
- GOW Ragnarok Lunda’s Armor Set Locations
- All Draugr Hole Locations In GOW Ragnarok
- How To Get Essence Of Hel in GOW Ragnarok
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍