All Chess Puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy appears in Treasure Vaults.
Location Of Chess Puzzle In Hogwarts LegacyCurrently, there are three chess puzzles in Hogwarts Legacy located in Cragcroftshire and Poidsear Coast region. The first chess puzzle you will stumble upon during your journey is on the northeast side of Poidsear Coast, situated by the river. The other two chess puzzles are both located in the Cragcroftshire region. To find out the region, fully zoom out your map. The exact location of the chess puzzles is marked in the image above.
How To Solve The Chess Puzzle In Hogwarts LegacyBefore you proceed to solve the Chess Puzzles in Hogwarts Legacy, you must have Transformation and Wingardium Leviosa spell. The chess puzzle is easy, as all you have to do, is checkmate the black king. After you head to the treasure vault, cast Revelio to see the highlighted objects; once you see one highlighted object, use the Transformation spell to transform the highlighted object into a chess piece.
Depending on the chess piece, you must place the piece in a way that it attacks the Black King. Usually, the missing piece is the bishop, which in that case, you must place diagonally to the Black King. However, if it’s another piece, you must place it on the board according to that piece to solve the chess puzzle.
Moves Of Chess Pieces
Don’t worry If you are new to chess. Here are all the pieces and their moves that you need to learn in order to solve the chess puzzle:
- Pawn: Moves forward one square at a time. Pawns capture other pieces diagonally, one square ahead of them. Pawns can never move backward.
- Rook: Moves in a straight line either horizontally or vertically. It can move as many squares as it wants until it reaches the end of the board or another piece blocks its path.
- Knight: Moves in an L-shape pattern: two squares in a straight line, and then one square to the left or right. Knights are the only pieces that can jump over other pieces.
- Bishop: Moves diagonally in a straight line. It can move as many squares as it wants until it reaches the end of the board or another piece blocks its path.
- Queen: The most powerful piece, which can move in any direction: horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. It can move as many squares as it wants until it reaches the end of the board or another piece blocks its path.
- King: Moves one square in any direction. The king is the most important piece, and the game is over when the king is in checkmate (i.e. when it is under attack and cannot escape capture).
If you get any of the chess pieces after using transformation, you must remember their moves and attack the Black King in Hogwarts Legacy to solve the chess puzzle.
After doing so, the Black King will be destroyed and the chess puzzle will be solved, and the treasure chest will be revealed.
That’s all you need to know in order to solve the chess puzzle in Hogwarts Legacy. On your journey, you will need a lot of gold to buy potions, gears, ingredients, and more. Why not read our guide on Best Gold Farming Methods so you will never run out of gold? Moreover, many places are locked, and you will need the upgraded version of Alohomora. To upgrade Alohomora, you will need Demiguise Statues.
- Hogwarts Legacy Unicorn Locations
- BEST Talents Hogwarts Legacy
- Hogwarts Legacy Confringo
- Hogwarts Legacy Unlock All Unforgivable Curses
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍