Baldur’s Gate 3 has a lot of characters that you can recruit and engage in romantic relationships. Karlach is a Tiefling Barbarian with a special condition. She has an infernal heart which makes her body produce too much heat. No one can touch her, which makes her extremely lonely. The guide will explain exactly how to romance Karlach in Baldur’s Gate 3 so you can become an in-game couple.
Once you have recruited Wyll, he will start a quest that talks about killing a demon. Once you reach the point on the map, you will be told to search for the demon by some people. If you go to the stream near the area, you will find Karlach, and from there, you can recruit her to your team. After that, you need to go back to the people and kill them because they will try to kill Karlach.
To start the romance with Karlach, you need to start the quest named “Save the Refugees.” Do talk to Dammon, the Tiefling Mechanic, before completing the quest. Once you have completed the quest talk to Karlach, who will give you the option of engaging in romance if your relationship with her is good. The options you need to choose during your conversations with Karlach should be as follows:
- The options that make you look brave, heroic, and kind.
- Anything related to showing interest in the Tiefling race.
Karlach And Infernal Heart
As mentioned earlier, Karlach has a special condition that makes her body unbearably hot. That is because of her Infernal Heart. The Infernal Heart is the reason why she is unable to touch anyone. Solving it will be how you will romance Karlach. The Infernal Heart cannot be calmed easily. To do so, you must find Infernal Iron and give it to Dammon.
The infernal iron is a rare item. However, it can be found during Act 1 of Baldur’s Gate 3. It can be found in the following locations
- Blighted Village
- Zhentarim Hideout
- Goblin Camp, Shattered Sanctum
Once you have found Infernal Iron go talk to Dammon with Karlach. There you will get an upgrade for Karlach’s Infernal Heart. Because of the upgrade, Karlach will now cool down. She will not instantly burn down anything on touch. You can kiss Karlach now and be more assertive with your choices. At one point, Karlach will ask you to cool her down further. Use ice or water on her. After that, kiss her to press forward your relationship.
Fixing Karlach’s Heart And Romance Scene
Once you are in Act 2, you can go to a location named Gauntlet of Shar. Here you can find two Infernal Irons. Hence if you didn’t upgrade Karlach in Act 1, you could still engage in romance with her.
- Once you have found the Infernal Iron, you can go talk to Dammon.
- He will give Karlach her second upgrade, and it will make Karlach able to touch anything without burning it.
- To test it out, Karlach will ask you to do something. Proceed to hug her instead of doing anything else.
- Afterward, you can proceed to your camp.
- Here you will get the option to go to bed with Karlach if you chose all the correct options before. This will unlock the scene where you make love with Karlach.
That concludes how to romance Karlach in Baldur’s Gate 3. Many RPGs tend to stop a relationship when the characters have done the deed, but Baldur’s Gate 3 is different. You can still make your relationship with Karlach even better by upgrading her and continuing her personal quest.
Moreover, you also do not need to be stuck with Karlach all the time. Baldur’s Gate 3 allows all sorts of romance options and lets you have more than one relationship at a time. So, if you do want to engage in romance with someone else without any consequence, then you can. Doing so will not ruin your romantic progress with Karlach.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 BEST Shadowheart Companion Build
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Origin Characters
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Best Paladin Race
- Baldur’s Gate 3: Icy Crystal
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍