Who Is AnaAna is one of the main protagonists in the game who uses her skills and abilities to defend the people she cares for. She is a renowned sniper in the world who has now rejoined the fray. Ana’s role in combat is associated with support, as she has different skills.
- Ana is a support character in the game Overwatch 2, equipped with a Biotic Rifle as her weapon, which has primary and secondary fire options.
- Ana’s Biotic Rifle and Biotic Grenade can be used to cause damage or heal allies, depending on whom they hit.
- Ana’s Nano Boost ability increases the damage output and damage resistance of a target by 50%.
- Her Sleep Dart ability puts enemies to sleep, rendering them unable to attack or use abilities.
- Eye of Horus ability allows her to shoot multiple shots at once, which can be useful for taking out multiple enemies at once.
- Ana’s playstyle relies on aim and decision-making and she is a strong supporting character if used effectively.
It is not easy to make the most out of Overwatch 2 Ana’s playstyle, so it is important to know about her playstyle along with her abilities. Players usually get confused when Ana uses her weapon, as it has a projectile motion. Let us talk about every aspect of Ana in detail in the following guide.
|Voice Actor||Aysha Selim|
|Affiliations||Egyptian Security Forces|
Every supporting character has gone through a few changes in Overwatch 2. Initially, there were limits to what the characters could do to recover or save health and the cooldown timings. After the new update, characters are able to do much more in terms of recovery now. Similarly, Ana also had a few changes as compared to her previous version.
- For Ana’s Biotic Rifle, Ammo has increased to 12-15.
- For Biotic Grenade, the duration has become 3-3 seconds.
After the redesign in the sequel, Ana’s character has gone through the following changes.
- A fresh new coat
- A new eyepatch
- Better gloves
- Better Legwear
- Updated Muzzle and Casing of Rifle
Ana owns Biotic Rifle as her weapon, which has primary and secondary fire. The weapon specification is mentioned in the following tables.
|Damage Type||Linear Projectile|
|Shots per second||1.25|
|Lasting Time||0.85 seconds|
|Reload Time||1.5 seconds|
|Shots per second||1.25|
|Scope In, Scope Out||0.25, 0.15|
To create a customizable look in Overwatch 2, you get the option to transfer skins and make your character look different. The skin options for customizing Ana are as follows.
- Captain Amari
Overwatch 2 Ana’s playstyle relies entirely on aim and decision-making, so it is a difficult one to use. However, her playstyle is similar to a lot of snipers in the game. You will know about her playstyle by looking at Ana’s abilities and the reasons why you should pick her.
Ana’s AbilitiesLike many other characters, Overwatch 2 Ana’s abilities have also been reworked a bit after the recent update. She is still a strong supporting character, and if you can use her abilities effectively, you will definitely win the fight.
As already discussed, the Biotic Rifle is Ana’s weapon to cause destructive damage to enemies and heal her teammates. The rifle releases the bullet in a projectile motion, which can hit allies or enemies.
You will be better off in both cases, as hitting allies will heal them while destroying the enemies. The bullet causes the opposite effect in both cases. It passes through the allies’ bodies, healing them and causing destructive damage to enemies, causing them to die.
The Rifle has a scope mode that you can use to zoom in on the target. This is a very useful option if you have to heal an ally who is very far away. Similarly, destroying enemies from a distance is also possible from a distance.
Ana has a versatile tool known as a Biotic Grenade that she has at her disposal. This tool throws a grenade at enemies to cause damage and prevent them from healing. However, hitting allies with the grenade not only heals the allies but increases their healing ability by 50%.
Using Ana’s ability, Nano Boost, helps her heal the target and increase the damage resistance. The increase in damage output and damage resistance is around 50%.
Usually, players cannot have a healing capacity of more than 50%, but Nano boost makes it possible. On another note, you can bring any of your allies back from the brink of death by using the Biotic grenade before using Nano Boost.
Ana possesses an extraordinary ability known as sleep dart. She can use this ability to put enemies to sleep for 5 seconds. The use of this ability is to set the target for your allies.
Suppose the team wants to take down a powerful enemy, Ana will put that enemy to sleep, and her teammates can eliminate it. However, this ability has a cooldown time of 12 to 15 seconds.
Why Pick Ana
Ana is a good pick in the game, as both beginners and experienced players can pick it. She has low mobility and is able to keep her team alive from anywhere. Her versatility is better than any other supporting player in the game.
She will be the one guiding her team to victory on the battlefield, so choose Ana over any other support character to get the maximum benefits. You can also have fun with the Sniper she owns.
Who To Heal
Ana has to pick who she wants to heal in the game, so she needs to know who is the most crucial to saving during the fights. Saving the right heroes at the right time will lead to victory. Ana should prioritize healing the following.
- Someone who is currently using their Crucial Ultimate Ability, such as Genji, using Dragonblade.
- Someone who has full ultimate charge, as they yet have to use their ultimate.
- Support damage heroes need to be alive to win the fight.
- Tank heroes are the lowest on the priority list. Keep the main tank alive, as they will defend the rest of the team.
The positioning of the character is important in determining how you use the weapon effectively. As Biotic Rifle can be used from anywhere, but greater damage can be caused by using the rifle from higher ground.
An important thing to make sure of is not to set her off by herself during the team fights. The reason to do this is not to separate her from the team or lag in the battle. She needs to stay closer to the team in order to support them.
Tips To Use Ana
Ana plays similarly to other snipers in the game. Following are a few Ana tips you can follow while you are playing using her.
- It is recommended that you stay behind the covers and barriers of your teammates.
- Although she has pretty decent damage, she is not able to defeat foes. It is better if she just supports her teammates.
- She heals faster, and so is the main target of the enemy team. You should take this into account while playing with Ana.
- The best tip when a player pops into the cover is to use her Nano Boost, as it causes the most damage.
If you found this guide helpful, you can read a similar guide on Overwatch 2 Doomfist: Playstyle, Abilities,& Tips.
Overwatch 2 is a hero shooter game that greatly emphasizes PvP. You will be required to make the best team from a roster of 35 characters. We have covered everything about Overwatch 2 Ana in this guide; she is known as the greatest sniper.
Every hero in the game possesses various strengths and weaknesses. You need to learn the strengths and abilities of the best Characters so that you can have no surprises. If you decide to play the game using a controller, you must know the best Controller Settings.
Consider reading our guide on Can you play Overwatch 2 on Steam Deck?
Next: Overwatch 2 Best Supports
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍