Unlimited/Infinite ammo weapons have always remained a part of the Resident Evil franchise. The trend has not changed with the release of Resident Evil 4 Remake, as the game features a ton of infinite ammo weapons to unlock, which also encourages replayability. In order to make Leon a force to be reckoned with, one must know how to unlock every unlimited ammo weapon in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
- Before players can unlock any of the special/ unlimited ammo weapons, they need to end Resident Evil 4 Remake at least once and unlock the Professional difficulty.
- Here are five conditions that you must meet to unlock infinite ammo in Resident Evil 4 Remake:
- Unlimited Chicago Sweeper Ammo: Finish Professional difficulty with A rank and fully upgrade it.
- Infinite Handcannon rounds: Beat Professional difficulty without special weapons and fully upgrade the weapon.
- Unbreakable Primal Knife: Destroy 16 Clockwork Castellans and fully upgrade Primal Knife.
- Infinite Rocket Launcher: Complete RE4 Remake on any difficulty, and buy this version of Rocket Launcher for 2Million pesetas.
- Unlimited Ammo for All standard weapons: Achieve S+ rank on Professional, and you will unlock Cat Ears.
How To Unlock Unlimited Ammo
The method for unlocking unlimited ammo for each weapon is quite different from one another, but the one thing they all have in common is that players need to end RE4 Remake at least once and unlock the Professional difficulty.
Once you have ended Resident Evil 4 Remake, you’ll need to follow the methods listed below in order to unlock your preferred unlimited ammo weapon in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Chicago SweeperThe legendary weapon from the original Resident Evil 4 makes a return in the remake. While it is not as good at destroying hordes of enemies in the remake as compared to the original, it is still a weapon worth investing in.
In order to unlock this weapon, we have summarized the entire roadmap in bullet points for better understanding.
- Players only need the end RE4 Remake in “Professional” difficulty with an A rank in order to complete the Leon “A” Kennedy challenge.
- Once the challenge is completed, the Chicago Sweeper will become available for purchase in the Extra Content Shop for 1,000 CP.
- After purchasing it for the Extra Content Shop, the weapon will appear for sale at the Merchant, and players would need to purchase it.
- The last thing players need to do is to fully upgrade the Chicago Sweeper by either investing 650,000 pesetas or using the exclusive upgrade ticket to unlock the exclusive Chicago Sweeper upgrade.
- Purchase the upgrade for 10,000 pesetas and enjoy unlimited ammo.
HandcannonThe Handcannon is relatively easier to unlock compared to the Chicago Sweeper as it does not require the player to end in Professional difficulty on a specific rank. Rather, it is available for purchase quite instantaneously after ending on the Professional difficulty once(without any special weapons). Here is the rest of the roadmap summarized in points.
- Once players have ended the Professional difficulty, then they will first need to purchase the Weapon from the Extra Content Shop for 1,000 CP.
- Now you can go and purchase the Handcannon from the Merchant.
- After purchasing the weapon, players will need to fully upgrade the Handcannon by either spending 540,000 pesetas or using the exclusive upgrade ticket.
Obtaining 540,000 pesetas is honestly not so hard if you take the time to collect the treasures RE4 Remake has to offer, and you can very easily obtain enough pesetas before even reaching the Salazar boss fight. Also, purchasing its exclusive upgrade is much cheaper than purchasing the Chicago Sweepers exclusive upgrade.
Speaking of which, we will recommend unlocking the infinite ammo for this weapon before taking the plunge and challenging yourself to unlock the Chicago Sweeper. With endless ammo, the Handcannon is bound to make the challenge much easier for you.
Primal KnifeWhile the Primal knife is not exactly an unlimited ammo weapon, it does follow the principle of providing unlimited benefits, thus earning it a spot on this list. In order to unlock this weapon, players only need to complete the Revolution Wind-Up Challenge, which requires the players to destroy all 16 Clockwork Castellans.
Unlocking this weapon should be your first priority because the knife with unlimited durability will ultimately become your best friend in future playthroughs, especially in the Professional difficulty, because you wouldn’t have to worry about your knife breaking all the time.
However, do keep in mind that you will have to fully upgrade the Knife first in order to make it indestructible.
Rocket LauncherThe Infinite Ammo Rocket Launcher is one of the easiest special weapons to unlock in Resident Evil 4 Remake, solely due to the fact that you are not required to finish any challenge. The Rocket Launcher will be available to purchase from the Merchant for 2 million pesetas after you have ended once and started New Game Plus.
Cat EarsAnd finally, if you wish to obtain the silliest accessories, then you’ll need to complete the hardest challenge in RE4 Remake. Cat Ears don’t come cheap. That’s something one will be able to say with certainty after this challenge. In order to unlock Cat Ears
- Players will need to end RE4 Remake in Professional Difficulty with an S+ Rank.
- The Cat Ears will be available for purchase in the Extra Content Shop for 2000 CP.
You may be asking why we need Cat Ears and what is its relevance with this unlimited ammo in Resident Evil 4 Remake article.
Once equipped, Cat Ears will unlock unlimited ammo for every normal weapon in the game (excluding the Rocket Launcher). So, if you wish to demolish hordes of enemies with your favorite handgun or shotgun in Resident Evil 4 Remake, then obtaining the Cat Ears accessory is the way to go.
And that neatly wraps up our guide on how to get unlimited ammo in Resident Evil 4 and about all the weapons that offer this perk/ upgrade. We hope our guide helped you out. Since unlocking every unlimited ammo weapon first requires the player to end at least once. One must know about the best weapons so one can finish with much more ease. Do consider reading our best weapons in Resident Evil 4 Remake guide.
Aside from having the best weapons, in case you are struggling with any of the Resident Evil 4 Remake bosses in higher difficulties, then consider reading our guide on how to defeat every boss in the game as well. But that’s all from us.
Resident Evil 4 Remake is available now on PS4, PS5, Xbox Series S/X, and PC through Steam. In case this is your first time playing Resident Evil 4, then do let us know about your experience in the comment section below.
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Get Thermal Scope
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Killer 7
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Catch Lurker Bass
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Striker Shotgun
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍