One of the RE4 Remake’s best weapons is the Handcannon, but it is not easy to unlock. This Magnum is one of the most powerful ones and even has a special upgrade that allows it to have infinite ammo. I have included all the information you need in order to unlock it. Additionally, I have also listed all the stats and upgrades for the gun.
How To Unlock The Handcannon In Resident Evil 4 RemakeIn order to unlock the extremely powerful hand cannon in Resident Evil 4 Remake, you need to go through quite the ordeal. Understandably, such a strong weapon is gated behind this long and arduous process so that people who are playing for the first time do not steamroll through all the content with this gun.
To start the process of unlocking this devastating gun, first, you need to complete RE4 Remake once on any difficulty.
- Doing so will unlock a new difficulty that you can try out, called Professional Mode.
- As the name suggests, this mode is challenging and disables auto-save, making the enemies harder to deal with.
- Once you have unlocked the Professional Mode, start a new save file on it.
- For the sake of unlocking the Handcannon, you cannot use the same save file either since that lets you carry over ammo and other items.
- The only catch here is that you cannot use any of the Bonus Weapons during this playthrough if you want to unlock the Handcannon.
- The bonus weapons include the Primal Knife and the Chicago Sweeper, along with the Infinite Rocket Launcher.
- Once you have cleared in Professional Mode, you have successfully unlocked the Handcannon in RE4 Remake.
- Keep in mind that there are no rank requirements for unlocking this weapon.
Purchasing The HandcannonAfter clearing Resident Evil 4 Remake at least once on Professional Mode, you will get access to the powerful handcannon. But obtaining it isn’t as straightforward as it may seem. You do not directly get the gun; in fact, you have to purchase it.
Here are all the steps you need to take in order to do that:
- In the main menu, navigate to the Bonuses section.
- View the bonus content and make your way to the Extra Content Shop option.
- After you purchase the weapon, it will be available via the Storage Menu on any Typewriter.
Specs For The HandcannonWhen you initially unlock the gun, it will be your usual run-of-the-mill magnum. What this means is that the gun will have extremely high damage output but will be lacking in the other departments. It has a slow reload time and a small ammo capacity. Although, these specs can be changed to an extent by upgrading the weapon.
Here are all the stats of the Handcannon at Level 1:
|Rate Of Fire
UpgradesMoving on, the next thing that I will take a look at for the Resident Evil 4 Remake Handcannon is the upgrades that are provided for the weapon. There are 5 main categories that you can upgrade in the Handcannon.
- Power (Firepower)
- Ammo Capacity
- Reload Speed
- Rate of Fire
PowerThe first upgrade that the Handcannon has is its power. The weapon is known for its explosive firepower and can easily one-shot a lot of enemies. There are 5 levels of Power for the gun, and each level enhances the base power of the gun by a considerable amount.
Here are all the upgrades for power along with the cost to upgrade:
|Cost To Upgrade
Ammo CapacityThe Ammo Capacity is an essential upgrade that cannot be overlooked in any case. The Handcannon has a low ammo capacity, to begin with, which is why it is important that you level it up to the max. This way, you can store more ammo in the gun, and you will not have to worry about reloading the gun while you are in combat.
Here are all the upgrades for ammo capacity, along with the cost to upgrade:
|Ammo Capacity Upgrades
|Cost To Upgrade
Reload SpeedThe next upgrade that I will be talking about is the Reload Speed of the gun. With this upgrade, the time it takes to reload the Handcannon is cut down.
|Reload Speed Upgrades
|Cost To Upgrade
|Round Reloaded At A Time
Rate Of FireLast but not least, I have the Rate Of Fire. This upgrade focuses on enhancing the overall rate of fire with each level, as the name suggests.
|Rate Of Fire Upgrades
|Cost To Upgrade
Exclusive UpgradeThe Exclusive Upgrade is unlocked once the other 4 stats have been maxed out.
This means that in order to unlock the exclusive upgrade for the Handcannon in RE4 Remake, you need to have the following:
- Power: Level 5
- Ammo Capacity: Level 5
- Reload Speed: Level 5
- Rate Of Fire: Level 5
Once you have maxed out these stats, you can use your Exclusive Upgrade Ticket in order to unlock the Exclusive skill for the Handcannon. You have to spend 10,000 ptas in addition to the ticket for this upgrade. With this upgrade, your ammunition for the Handcannon will never run out. In other words, you will have infinite ammo for this gun.
And that is all! I have included everything you need to know in order to unlock the Handcannon in RE4 Remake. After unlocking the gun, you can purchase it from the extra content shop and use it in subsequent runs to make quick work of enemies.
It is a mighty gun, and once you have fully upgraded it, you also get the unique upgrade to have infinite ammo. In case you want to know more about the weapons, you can check out this detailed post in the community subreddit here.
While you are here, consider checking out our guide on Resident Evil 4 Remake: All Bosses. If you are interested in unlocking the thermal scope, then check out our guide on How To Get Thermal Scope. In case you were wondering about the wrench tool, look no further than our guide on How To Get Wrench Tool. If you are interested in unlocking the cat ears, check out our guide on How To Unlock Cat Ears.
Was this guide helpful? Let me know in the comments below!
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Riot Gun
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Red9
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Striker Shotgun
- Resident Evil 4 Remake Infinite Rocket Launcher Location
- RE4 Remake Keycard
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍