Starfield is known to have a vast ship-building system that players can use to explore interplanetary systems, build their outposts on various planets, and make their bases. Players might find it a bit difficult to get started on a ship, and therefore, they might need a detailed Starfield Ship Building guide walkthrough!
Requirements To Building A Ship In Starfield
Kicking things off, there are a few requirements you will have to keep in mind if you want to build your very first ship and have it be a good one in Starfield!
- Money: Having enough money to buy parts for the ship, as well as upgrading it and building it up, will take a whole lot of money; therefore, make sure that you have plenty of it.
- Skill tree: Apart from this, you will also need to allocate a few skill points into your skill tree to get you better components for your ship.
Any amount above 100,000 credits should be viable enough to allow you to build your ship comfortably; therefore, make sure to farm beforehand. On the other side, Skill tree allocation into the tech tree or the social tree is highly recommended since, in the social tree, you will be able to get some money that can then be invested back into ship-building.
Now that you know the basic ship-building requirements, let’s start on the best ways to build your starter ship.
- One of the things you can do is to use the ship you get from your first mission and continue tearing it down and further building up on it.
- Another thing you might be able to do is buy a ship, but that can cost you back a lot of money, and if it’s not to your liking, then it’s just money wasted.
For the third option, there are two ways to go about it – legally, you will want to accept a mission whose main objective is to “Eliminate Pirate” from its terminal and then leave the ship that you can take for last.
- However, to carry out this method, you will also need to have unlocked the Targeting control systems in Starfield’s Tech skill tree, which will allow you to easily disable the ship’s engine so that you can enter it.
- Once you’ve done that, you will need to fire the ship’s crew, and then you can easily take control of the ship itself.
- Other than that, you will also need to thoroughly search the ship to search for Contraband, and these will basically tell you that these are illegal to have either on you or in the boat.
For this reason, it might be a good idea to find a somewhat smaller ship that will make it a lot easier to find contraband items and take them into your possession. After that, you must store items in your cargo and Jettison it, or you can be criminalized for it. After that, you can fly over to a new system, and then you need to register the ship.
Ship Manufacturers And Sizes In Starfield
Now, when it comes to Starfield Ship Building, there is a wide variety of manufacturers you can choose from, all of whom offer different styles of ships. The main ones that will be available will range from Stroud Eklund, Taiyo, and Hopetech, to Nova Galactic and Deimos.
As far as the Stroud Eklund is concerned, it is one of the manufacturers with ships that are rather catered to being sleek.
- The ships will look pretty futuristic; for players who would rather have a futuristic ship, it would fit them best.
- Regarding their cockpits, they have two different types that players can go for, one of which features a larger cockpit situated on the top of your ship and another pushed to the front of the ship.
- As for the interiors of the ships by Stroud Eklund, they feature lighter floors, carrying forward the futuristic vibe, combined with darker paneling on the walls and very boxy-looking interiors.
The second manufacturer is Hopetech; if there is one word to describe the ships they manufacture, it’s industrial.
- The ships feature yellow colors, pipelines, black wiring, and fewer aesthetic choices than those from Stroud Eklund.
- When it comes to their cockpit designs, they have one style to choose from, which makes it a bit lackluster.
- For its interiors, Hopetech has kept it simple with a darker color palette for the ceiling, walls, and flooring.
However, if this ship is to your liking, then you can even mix and match it with other pieces to build your dream ship.
Next up, Deimos takes the lead in the third manufacturer in Starfield, and its design choices could be best described as being very “out there.”
- It features extremely rigid, sharp, and angular ships, and it is best suited for players who are into rogue designs.
- Deimos ships are mainly used as Battleships by the UC and, therefore, feature a very personalized style.
As far as the interiors are concerned, it also features darker and lighter color themes and pops of orange here and there, which tie it all together very nicely.
Moving onto the fourth ship design, it will feature a ship design that will look a bit more on the aged end, and it also resembles a design reminiscent of an aged-punky style.
- The ship’s design style is so old because Nova Galactic is one of the oldest manufacturers in Starfield.
- Its interior features a lot of worn-out and older-looking aesthetics, coupled with its lighter-colored ceilings and darker floors.
Regarding their cockpit designs, they will feature a total of three options you can choose from, ranging from a smaller design to a medium and a larger cockpit that you can go for.
Taiyo is one of the last brands that will manufacture ships with different styles that you can use. its overall exteriors will feature that rounded-out white color palette, and it only features a typical bridge style.
- Its interiors feature a semi-circle design, with darker overhead and light floor palettes that perfectly tie the whole design together.
And that’s just about it! All that players need to know about the Starfield Ship Building guide, so let’s wrap up the guide! While you’re here, why not read the Starfield Digipick guide? You might want to check out the Starfield How To Dock Ships Nova Galactic Staryard guide!
- Starfield: Ship Storage
- Starfield: How To Use Boost Pack
- Starfield: Difficulty Settings & Changes
- Starfield: How To Lockpick
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍