The sequel to Breath of the Wild has a wide variety of shrines, each having its own unique puzzle and reward. Tears of the Kingdom Mayachin Shrine is located southwest of Lookout Landing, where you have to solve a pinball-like puzzle to obtain an Energizing Elixir.
- Mayachin Shrine is one of the various Shrines in Tears of the Kingdom.
- To solve the Mayachin Shrine puzzle, you will have to build a giant bat and strike the ball in order to hit the targets.
- There are two targets in Mayachin Shrine.
To hit the first target:
1. Insert the nearby stake and logs inside the switch using the Ultrahand.
2. Strike the glowing stone in the room to hit the ball.
- To hit the second target:
1. Pick up the stake below the stone slab and insert it inside the upper part of the wall.
2. Attach the slab to the stake.
3. Use the switch again to strike the ball.
- A bottle of Energizing Elixir is the reward for solving this puzzle.
- Energizing Elixir replenishes your stamina while climbing or swimming.
What Is Mayachin ShrineShrines are basically mini-dungeons in Tears of the Kingdom, which test your creativity and puzzle-solving skills. Mayachin Shrine has two giant bullseyes attached to the wall, and you have to hit them with a ball using a DIY flipper or bat. The ball constantly rotates around the room, so correctly timing the strike is necessary.
Location And Puzzle Of Mayachin Shrine
- Mayachin Shrine is situated to the southwest of Lookout Landing in Tears of the Kingdom.
- Once inside the room, you’ll see a giant ball constantly falling out of the stone pipe.
- Step on the stone plate to reveal the first bullseye.
- The first thing you have to do is to build a flipper or bat, whatever you call it.
- To do this, pick up the nearby stake and insert it inside the switch.
- Now pick up the nearby logs, and attach them behind the stake.
- Once the flipper is ready, head back to the upper platform and strike the orange switch with your weapon.
- The timing is key here; strike the ball as soon as it lands. The ball will fall somewhere else if you are too late or too early.
- Don’t worry if you fail your attempt; just reset the bat every time you fail.
- After a successful attempt, the next bullseye will reveal itself.
- To hit the second target, you’ll have to take care of the stone slab hanging in front of it.
- In order to take care of this problem, pick up the stake below the slab and attach it to the upper part of the wall.
- Now use the Ultrahand to attach the stone slab to the stake, such that the trajectory of the ball and the target are clear. It should look something like this.
- Strike the switch once the ball is past the last stripe. Again timing is the key here.
- After hitting the second target, the treasure door will open.
RewardThe reward for solving the Tears of the Kingdom Mayachin Shrine puzzle is Energizing Elixir. It basically allows you to refill your stamina when doing stamina-consuming actions such as climbing a wall or swimming in water.
As mentioned above, there are a plethora of shrines in Tears of the Kingdom, and solving them does require a fair amount of critical thinking. If you want to know how to solve other shrines in the game, consider reading our guides on Ishodag Shrine, Yamiyo Shrine, Jio Sin Shrine, and Tukarok Shrine.
To learn the basics, like how to cook and fuse, consider going through our Tears of the Kingdom Beginners’ guide. This concludes my Tears of the Kingdom Mayachin Shrine, in which I discussed the location and puzzle solution of the shrine. For any queries, use the comment box below.
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Archaic Tunic Location
- Zelda Tears of the Kingdom: Wing Tears
- Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom Ganondorf
- Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom All Editions
- Games Like Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍