The Finals is not only limited to a set of Weapons or Gadgets. It also introduces players to the concept of Specialization, which is normally known as Abilities in many other FPS or RPG titles. Each Class of contestants is allocated a set of three Specializations; however, it is very important for players to know which Specialization stands out the most than others in order to build their perfect loadout.
- Author’s Note: I have spent 25 hours grinding The Finals to gain experience, which proves that my Best Specialization ranking list can be easily trusted.
Best Specializations In The Finals
The following table contains a list of the Best Specializations ranked accordingly:
|Specialization||Overview||Class||Price in VRs|
|Healing Beam||Heal teammates||Medium||N/A|
|Cloaking Device||Allows to be invisible||Light||600|
|Mesh Shield||Create a protective shield||Heavy||600|
|Evasive Dash||Allows to dash three times||Light||600|
|Grappling Hook||Allows to grapple to different platforms||Light||600|
1. Healing BeamThe Healing Beam emits a blue beam, enabling players to heal their teammates within close range. It proves beneficial while you are defending the Cashouts or your teammates lose their health during a fight. Moreover, it notably diminishes the likelihood of requiring a Respawn Coin if a player gets eliminated and cannot be revived.
- I have placed the Healing Beam in the first spot of the Best Specialization, not just due to its high healing power, but because it can also prove to be very annoying for enemies when you heal your teammates.
- Whenever my teammates are taking duels with the enemy teams, I do nothing but sit in a corner with the Healing Beam in my hand, healing my allies over and over again.
However, the Healing Beam can only be used by the Medium Class Contestants. Also, the Healing Beam is the Best Healing Specialization.
2. Cloaking DeviceThe next Specialization in the list is the Cloaking Device. The Cloaking Device provides temporary invisibility to the players, making them hard to spot while in motion and completely invisible when stationary. The ability serves various purposes, such as flanking enemies, escaping situations, or seizing Cashout Stations from other players.
- The effect lasts for 12 seconds and can be activated at any time, irrespective of charge, with a minor activation cost.
- However, it doesn’t silence the player’s actions but instead adds an additional sound while in motion, making detection easier for opponents, especially as the sound amplifies with faster movement.
- This warping sound can alert nearby players.
The Cloaking Device is the Best Specialization that can be used for invisibility. However, players are notified that the Cloaking Device can only be used by the Light Class Contestants in The Finals.
3. Mesh ShieldUpon activation of the Mesh Shield, players will switch to a third-person view and generate a 1250-point health shield in front of them. While effectively blocking all incoming damage from the front, it exposes the player to vulnerability from behind. Moreover, teammates have the ability to shoot through the shield, allowing them to damage enemies.
- The Mesh Shield takes the third spot, however, in order to unleash the full potential of the Mesh Shield, a well-coordinated team is required.
- I would recommend using it only when you are playing with your friends or when playing in high-ranked lobbies where teammates have good communication.
- The Mesh Shield is the Best Defensive Ability, but it can only be used by the Heavy Builds.
4. Evasive DashThe Evasive Dash allows the player to dash forward quickly. By equipping the Evasive Dash, players can become Tracer from Overwatch. Just like Tracer has the Blink ability and can be used three times. The Evasive Dash allows you to dash and shoot enemies at the same time. If you look upwards and dash, then you will be able to jump along with the dash. It can be used to dodge incoming fire, falling debris or rush enemies.
- However, doing all this is not easy. The reason I have placed the Evasive Dash on the fourth number, despite it being such a useful Specialization, is that it requires a higher skill level.
- One can use the Evasive dash to jump from the second-floor window to the third floor, but again, it requires players to have a good understanding of the movement mechanics in The Finals.
The Evasive Dash is not limited and can be used according to situation; however, it can be considered as the Best Movement Specialization. Only players who master the Light Build can use the Evasive Dash.
5. Grappling HookThe last Specialization in the list is none other than the Grappling Hook. When fired, the Grappling Hook propels a cord with a grapple, launching the player and granting the ability to ascend to different platforms. This tool facilitates swift traversal across the map, aiding in flanking enemies or making a rapid escape from an unfavorable fight.
- The Grappling Hook allows players to re-live as Pathfinder from Apex Legends in The Finals.
- Just like the Evasive Dash, it is also a multiple-purpose movement Specialization, which can be used in many ways according to the situation.
- The Grappling Hook can only be used by the Light Class Contestants.
My Experience With The Best Specializations
I have first experienced these Specializations and have ranked them according to the highest number of benefits they can provide in almost every situation. The Healing Beam, indeed, is my favorite of them all due to its quick healing ability, and it has almost no cooldown, although it gets overheated after using it for a long amount of time.
As a player who has spent almost 20 hours playing the Medium Build, I think the Healing Beam is the Best Specialization that can be used for support, followed by the Mesh Shield.
With all of the Information provided above, my guide on The Finals Specializations comes to an end. In this guide, I have ranked the top 5 abilities in The Finals as per my personal experience and according to the preferences of different FPS professionals. However, one major issue I experienced when playtesting these abilities was some random stutters mid-match. If you’re experiencing any optimization issues in The Finals, you can visit the following Steam Community page.
While you are at it, consider learning more about the Leaderboards in The Finals by our fellow gamer, Obaid. I also recommend checking out eXputer’s guide on best settings for The Finals to maximize your in-game performance.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍