Warzone 2.0 is here! Packing all the exciting features and thrilling gameplay. If you’ve decided to try out the Battle Royale, then you must go through some Warzone 2.0 Beginner Tips & Tricks before starting out the game, as it features plenty of new mechanics along with some additional in-game features.
Most beginners think that Warzone is just about grabbing a gun, barging into the battlefield, and firing recklessly at your enemies, which is somewhat not true. For all the newbies, I have compiled a list of the best tricks and strategies that you can follow to take a step in the world of Warzone.
Author’s Note: I created this list of tips after getting first-hand experience in Warzone 2, which is backed by my 120+ hours of game time!
Customize Your Settings
Whether you’re playing the game on a Console or PC, you should always visit the settings first and adjust the default settings according to your playstyle.
For example, I changed the mini-map settings and changed the shape and size according to my preference. The most important thing in your settings is Sensitivity, as it plays a significant role in your aim and accuracy. So, make sure to adjust the sensitivity to an optimal level that best suits you.
Choose An Optimal Landing SpotThe tactical and decisive game starts from the beginning of the match, as choosing the right landing spot plays a crucial role in determining your survival rate. While playing Warzone 2.0, you can go for the two strategies. First, you can be aggressive and land on hot drops such as Marshland or Airport and dive straight into some action. Landing at hot drops will improve your reaction timing and also get you more kills.
- At safe spots, you can collect necessary loot and get prepared for mid and end-game fights.
- One thing to always keep in mind is that if you’ve landed too far from the center of the map, always look out for the safe zone.
- Don’t be the guy who gets too busy checking out every single building for loot and then ends up getting caught in the death zone.
Spend Some Time Choosing Your Optimal WeaponWith every new volume of the Call of Duty series, new weapons that have different perks and abilities are released. If you’re completely new at Battle Royale, then I recommend you spare some time in selecting a gun that fits the best for you according to your playstyle.
Also, try to get better at using all weapon types, such as shotguns, snipers, and LMG, as you don’t know what might come in handy in critical situations!
Don’t Accumulate Your Cash
While playing Warzone, you can collect money as you venture around the map. You can earn more cash by completing contracts and spending it to buy useful gear such as meds, ammo, or armor. As there is no bonus for cash at the end of the game, it is of no use to accumulate this asset in your inventory.
You should try to take full advantage of your collected cash by visiting the Buy Stations Marked on the Map and buying selections such as Cluster Strike or Precision Air Strike.
Look Out For ContractsLoadout drops are a great asset as they give you plenty of useful gear that will help you in enemy encounters. But if the cost of the drop daunts you, you can always collect more cash during your match by picking up contracts available at random places on the map.
You can pick different types of Contracts, including:
- Bounties contract highlights one player on the map that falls in the effective radius.
- As there is no drawback to picking up this contract type, you can always look out for it and get additional XP for free.
- Scavenger Contract marks three loot boxes that you have to hunt down and open.
- Recons are unique contracts as they require capturing a specific spot for the time being.
- Most Wanted is a survival-type contract in which you’re marked as a target for all the surviving players.
- If you’re able to dodge your enemies and survive for the next three minutes, the contract will be completed successfully, and you will be rewarded with cash.
- Supply Drop gives you an airdrop full of valuable loot and marks its exact landing location.
- Sabotage assigns you the task of destroying a random vehicle somewhere near the spot, giving you an armored truck along with decent cash as a reward.
- Lastly, the Top Secret reward assigns you a random contract task with an increased reward.
In my opinion, the Most Wanted is the most challenging and thrilling Contract that adds much more excitement to your match.
Sharing Is Caring
When you’re playing duo or squads in Warzone, you have to make sure that you’re playing as a team. You can be a good team member by sharing your resources if your teammates need them, like giving them cover fire and providing them first aid to save their lives.
- If you’ve spare plates of Armor and your teammates have none, it’s always good to share.
- After all, your whole squad needs to survive till the end and help each other when needed.
- So, be generous in sharing medics, ammo, or cash with your teammates, as you alone can not do much by accumulating all these extra resources.
Make Use Of Ping Feature
Just like most Battle Royale games, Warzone also features the ping option that helps you communicate better with your teammates. So, whenever you have to mark a specific spot on the map, you can use the ping option to instantly signal your teammate rather than giving them the coordinates and waiting for them to process and respond.
The ping option instantly marks the location where you’re referring and helps in grabbing your teammate’s attention as well.
Use Your Equipment WiselyWhile exploring through different compartments around the map, you’ll find plenty of loot. What most players do is gather all the possible equipment they can but not use it when the situation arises.
So, make sure you’re not one of them and use all the equipment you have to your advantage. For example, you can use the Deployable Cover to make an instant shield to block the enemy’s bullets, or you can utilize the Dead Silence field upgrade to become stealthy and sneak up on enemies.
Loadout Drops Can Be Deadly
Loadout Drops can be really tempting for every single player in the lobby. Why won’t they be? They provide you with the Best Loadout that you’re comfortable with. However, the in-game Loadout drops are a risky business. As you may know, in Warzone 2.0, you won’t get your loadout drop separately. It usually lands with a couple of other loadouts which belong to players who are within a certain radius.
Keeping these things in mind, you should carefully plan your run toward the loadout drop. Here are some key pointers to keep in mind:
- First, check how many loadout drops there are in total. This will help you judge the number of players/squads in the nearby vicinity.
- After figuring out the drops, scout the surrounding area to check whether there are enemies nearby.
- If you see someone approaching the loadout, wait for them to interact with it first. At that point, you’ll get a clear shot to take the enemy down.
- However, if nobody approaches the loadout for some time, then carefully tread closer cover by cover grab your favorite loadout, and run back instantly.
Rotation Is Key
Rotation is probably one of the biggest factors that help players win a Warzone 2.0 game. Unlike Fortnite, you can’t build your covers in WZ 2.0. Therefore, you need to pre-plan your path and make sure that you have multiple safe cover spots within your track. Additionally, keep watching the circle formation from the beginning of the game. Doing so will make it easier for you to march into the safe zone without getting pressured by the gas or running into a crowded POI.
- Another common mistake people make in WZ 2.0 is to run in an open field or through the tree line.
- If anybody spots you cutting through a field or running from tree to tree, you’ll most probably get knocked out before you know it.
- Therefore, always make certain that your path has multiple cover spots, which can grant you safe passage toward your destination in the next zone.
Have A Height Advantage
Adding to the rotation factor, players should also focus on gaining a height advantage. Having the upper ground instantly puts you in a better position in almost all PvP games. Similarly, if you manage to secure a rooftop or a hill in Warzone 2.0, you’ll easily have the upper hand over your enemies.
However, having a height advantage does come with its risks as well. These risks can prove costly for you and your team and could lead to a squad wipe within a matter of seconds.
Here are some things that I suggest to always keep in mind:
- Do not peak from the same spot while having a height advantage.
- Make sure to have a backup plan in case someone launches an Airstrike on you.
- Do not parachute off of the high spot. It’s best if you use the staircase or either jump off and deploy the parachute when you’re close to the ground. Parachuting off from height makes you an easy target for all of the enemies down below.
- Do not give away your position recklessly. You shouldn’t shoot every enemy you see. Only take shots when you’re certain that you can down the player.
Use Gulag To Your AdvantageIf you are not lucky enough and die during combat, that’s not the end! You can still come back as Warzone, which features an interesting feature where you have a second chance to make up for it and prove that you’re worthy enough to land back on the map again.
So, once you’re in the Gulag, prepare for a one-on-one fight and defeat your opponent to escape the Gulag. If two of your teammates are at Gulag at the same time, you can take each other’s help as well.
Take Advantage Of SoundsWhile playing Battle Royale, having a good sound sense gives a great edge as it allows you to track the enemy’s footsteps or listen for distant gunshots or explosions. If an enemy squad is rushing at you in a vehicle, the sound will alert you and help you in getting alert to take up a fight.
In addition to that, you’ll be able to track your enemy more easily in Gulag by following the sounds of his footsteps. So, make sure you put on some decent headphones before starting the game.
Consider The Match Events
During the Battle Royale, some in-match events will pop up in specific modes that are interesting to participate in. So, make sure to consider these events if you want to add a bit more spice and fun to your match.
The featured events are:
- Jailbreak: All the killed players respawn back into the map, regardless of their waiting time or Defeat in Gulag.
- Fire Sale: Buy Stations offers exceptional discounts on Costly items for the time being, and buying back dead teammates becomes free for the next minute.
- Supply Chopper: The armored Cutter will hover around the map. If you’re successful in taking them down, you’ll get exceptional loot, including two armor and ammunition boxes, three UAVs, a grenade launcher, a gas mask, and some cash.
- Restock: All the Loot Boxes will get filled again, which you can open for the second time.
- Cash Drop: Airdrops will drop around the arena full of cash.
- Heavy Weapons Crate: Airdrops will land, but this time with high-tier weapons.
- Juggernaut: A couple of juggernaut suits will randomly drop on the map that can be picked up and used by players.
Keep The Sniper’s Glint In Mind
Call of Duty is known for the sniper glint feature. This function alerts players on the receiving end that a sniper is watching them. Hence, glints can easily give away your position even if you are hundreds of meters away. Therefore, make sure that you do not keep your sniper’s scope open for an extended time.
Here’s what I recommend you to do:
- Quickly scout an area and then get out of ADS mode.
- After that, move away from your last position and then scout the area again by going ADS on your Sniper.
- Keep repeating the process, and you’ll decrease your chances of getting sniped.
Gas Mask Animations
Gas Mask Animations have been a nightmare since the first Warzone. Don’t get me wrong, having a gas mask is extremely useful, especially in the late game. It helps you rotate outside the zone and gives you an edge of surviving longer and even self-reviving while submerged in the gas.
- However, a common issue regarding the gas mask is its broken animation.
- The simple animation in which the player puts on or removes the mask can lead to numerous mishaps.
- This animation could easily kill you in a gunfight. There is no way to fix the clunky animation, but you can try timing your exits and entries into and out of the zone.
- Make sure you’re not constantly moving in and out of the gas, as this will cause the animations to repeat, making it more difficult to engage in a gunfight.
Don’t Solo Push Squads
Another important point in the Warzone 2.0 Beginner Tips & Tricks guide. Pushing pressured squads or enemies is something all of us want to do. The adrenaline rush that kicks in when you or your teammate knocks an enemy down is second to none.
However, most of the time it’s important that you hold your horses and do not push a squad like a headless chicken. In these situations, it’s best to plan the push with your teammates so that you’re able to back each other up if things go south.
- Rushing in alone without your teammates’ assistance puts you at a disadvantage.
- You expose yourself to the enemy, and if by any chance they down you, in most cases, they will finish up the kill knowing that they are in a losing fight.
- Also, pushing solo and dying could turn the tide for your teammates and put them in a pressured spot instead.
- Hence, whenever you’re playing duos, trios, or squads, communicate with your teammates before you rush a house held by an enemy squad.
- Plan the whole thing out, use stuns and flash grenades, and pick out the enemies one by one.
Interrogate Your Opponents
Last but not least, Warzone 2.0 recently introduced a new feature called “Interrogation“. Knowing how and when to use the function can help you immensely. Interrogating opponents reveals the location of their teammates.
It works similarly to a UAV; however, under this function, only the squadmates of the interrogated enemy will be shown on the map. Nonetheless, it’s extremely OP if used properly, as you can easily wipe out full squads without them knowing where you’re coming from.
Here’s how you can interrogate enemies in Warzone 2.0:
- After downing an enemy, walk over to them and press the following button:
- Controller users can press and hold the Square or X button.
- KBM players can press the interact button, which is the ‘F’ key by default.
Give In Your BestAlthough this tip is a bit off the track, it actually does matter. Even tho sometimes you’re following the right strategies and playing sensibly, sometimes luck is not with you, and you end up getting killed in a really bad way.
You might not get the Victory Royale each time you play, but giving your best is all that matters. So try to practice more and more to get in-depth knowledge of new maps and features and dominate the players on the battlefield.
My Verdict On Warzone Tips
If you’re just starting out on Warzone, it will take some time to get used to all the overwhelming mechanics. The main key to becoming a better player is PRACTICE. Practice made me an impressive player in the game and that’s the number one tip I give you to become better at it as well. So, make sure you’re putting in enough effort and time to become a decent player at the game.
That sums up the guide on Warzone 2.0 Beginner Tips & Tricks. Now, make sure that you’re equipped with the best Assault Rifle along with a good Sniper Rifle that will make a deadly combo. If you’re an LMG lover, you can check the relevant guide for it.
Furthermore, if you want to learn more about AQ kills, you can go through the guide for that. Lastly, I recommend you go through Asad Ahmed’s review on Warzone 2 and check out his in-depth analysis.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍