Moss in Avatar Frontiers of Pandora is a flora item that is used for crafting valuable gear. While crafting is at the heart of the game’s progression system, finding these crucial items could waste a lot of your time if you do not know where to look for them in the first place. This guide lists where to find Moss in Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, all Moss types, and the best places to get the uncommon and higher rarity or quality for each plant in the game.
Don’t forget to check out eXputer’s video tutorial on the best moss locations:
All Moss Types
There are four types of Moss plants in Avatar Frontiers of Pandora: Bruise Moss, Creeping Moss, Sky Rock Moss, and Blue Cloud Moss.
Since these are plants, you can randomly stumble upon them while exploring Pandora, playing side quests or main story missions. However, the rarity/quality of moss and the location of each type are different. Therefore, when you try to craft some of the best weapons and gears in Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, you will need Moss, lots of it.
How To Get Moss
The best strategy to get any type of Moss is to use Hunter’s Guide and pin the type of Moss you want.
This will put a pin on the plant’s location on the map, and you can just run there to grab it. However, the catch here is you must first find that particular plant for it to appear in the Hunter’s Guide.
- Pause the game
- Explore Hunter’s Guide
- Scroll down to the Moss section to find types you have already found
- Hover the cursor over to any type and press the Pin button
If you explore the Open Entry option for each Moss plant you see in this section, you will get additional information such as location and the best time or weather when harvesting a particular plant should give the best or the highest rarity.
1. Bruise MossAny uncommon rarity of Bruise Moss can be easily farmed while exploring the Kinglor Forest section of the Pandora. This is because the Bruise Moss plant is abundantly seen in wetter environments such as lakes and rivers.
Another excellent location to farm a massive quantity of Bruise Moss is to explore the Threaded River. You will find tons of rocks near the water, and gathering Moss in this location should be a piece of cake.
Additionally, high-quality Bruise Moss can be found at Dyer’s Bowl, southeast of the Resistance Headquarters, in the Spinner’s Circle of the Kinglor Forest. Since Resistance HQ is one of the game’s early sections, you can farm this plant’s high quality when it is raining.
2. Creeping MossExploring the Upper Plains will allow you to farm Creeping Moss in Avatar Frontiers of Pandora. There are a lot of dead trees in this section of the game’s map and you can find the moss growing from the trunk of these dead trees. In short, look for Petrified Trees, and Shattered Forest Biome makes the perfect location for getting Creeping Moss.
The Moss can be actually obtained by getting to the top of a Petrified Tree. For this, you need to have Ikran unlocked and carefully maneuver your way to the top of the tree to get Creeping Moss. The only enemy here is your poor control: not getting off from Ikran will result in fall damage.
As for the high-quality Creeping Moss in Avatar Frontiers of Pandora, this one is a tad bit difficult to pull off. Basically, you need to explore a Petrified Tree when the “sheltered from wind” condition is met. I, for one, have not been able to pull this off so far as controlling wind direction is not easy, unlike changing the weather to rain from the campfire.
3. Sky Rock MossWhile exploring Bruise Moss in Kinglor Forest, I highly recommend you also visit the Floating Mountains section to get Sky Rock Moss. As evident from the name, sky, this plant grows really high on the high-rise rocks. You will need Ikran for this, so if you have already found Sky Rock Moss before, just Pin it using the Hunter’s Guide, and you should be able to spot this plant easily via Na’vi near near Floating Mountains.
For the higher quality or rarer Sky Rock Moss, you need to go the extra mile. Explore Shadow Wood located in the southwest of the Kinglor Forest. Do this in the rainy weather, and you will have a very high chance of getting rarer Sky Rock Moss. You can’t miss the orange-hued, dense, and furry plant from a distance.
4. Blue Cloud MossThe uncommon and rare Blue Cloud Moss can be obtained by exploring the Clouded Forest biome. This section of the Pandora has lots of trees and boulders, which makes this plant stand out due to its blue pigmentation or color. Of course, finding this via Na’vi is much easier than looking at the natural habitat for blue-colored plants.
The large rocks in the Boulderlands are where you will find tons of Blue Cloud Moss, but for the higher quality ones, go to the Singer’s Falls when it is raining. Once you have this Moss plant, you can use it for cooking, building, and crafting.
My Take On Moss
Acquiring the various types of Moss is challenging, but nevertheless, it is a fruitful effort. You need all the resources to make some of the best gear and cooking meals and Moss is one of the useful items in the game.
That is pretty much everything I had to entail about where to find Moss in Avatar Frontiers of Pandora. Before you go, I recommend checking out Avatar Frontiers of Pandora: Best Weapons, A Queen’s Vision, Best Skills, and How to heal guides.
- Avatar Frontiers Of Pandora: How To Get Superior Jackhammer Shotgun
- Avatar Frontiers of Pandora: Best Mounts For Traversal
- Avatar Frontiers Of Pandora: How To Get A Canopy Root
- Avatar Frontiers Of Pandora: Best Ancestor Skills
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍