- Larian Studios has announced that Baldur’s Gate 3 will get its third patch on September 21. Although the patch notes have not been unveiled yet, it will bring full support for the game on Mac.
- Considering the roadmap revealed thus far, we could expect some significant performance improvements, previously noted as an “impossible task,” but one that Larian engineers executed perfectly.
- Some fan-requested features, like photo mode and co-op improvements, also remain on the table, as they have been pending for quite some time.
- Since Baldur’s Gate 3 has always supported cross-saving, players should be able to continue their campaign seamlessly from PC and PlayStation 5 over to Mac.
Larian Studios has confirmed that Baldur’s Gate 3 will receive its third patch on September 21, which brings full support for the game on Mac. Fans have waited for this arrival since the game’s PC release and can finally start their campaign or continue an existing one with cross-saving. As for the patch itself, it will likely add the performance improvements teased recently and fan-requested features alongside the usual bug fixes.
Thank you from the fiery infernal engine we keep in place of our heart. ❤️🔥 We couldn't have asked for a better response to Baldur's Gate 3.
Patch 3 is coming September 21 with full support for BG3 on Mac.
— Larian Studios (@larianstudios) September 13, 2023
Larian Studios has not only impressed the audience with Baldur’s Gate 3’s insane success but also the consistent post-launch support. The highly acclaimed cRPG has received numerous hotfixes, along with the first patch that tackled over a thousand bugs and significantly improved the state of the game. Then came the second patch, adding some of the more desirable changes, giving Karlach an ending she deserved.
After addressing all those issues, the developers have now moved on to bring some of the more fan-requested features alongside the usual bug fixes. In one of its community updates, Larian discussed how the game could receive mod support in the future alongside a much-requested co-op feature that allows you to remove players from your campaign so that you may continue without them.
Now feels like a good time to say even better performance improvements are on the horizon 👀 the engineers working on this really had an impossible task, and I’m thrilled people think they nailed it https://t.co/nJyQ23OxNz
— Very AFK (@Cromwelp) September 8, 2023
Baldur’s Gate 3 also received much praise for the performance of its PS5 version, but there seem to be even more improvements on the horizon. Michael Douse, the director of publishing at Larian, confirmed in one of his recent tweets that the engineers at Larian are working on an impossible task and have completely nailed it. Since these performance improvements are “on the horizon,” this upcoming patch could have that.
Larian Studios’ latest title has also been confirmed to arrive on Xbox Series X|S later this year. Unlike other platforms, it will not have a split-screen co-op feature on Series S, but the studio could work toward adding that sometime in the future.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Hotfix #6 Is Now Live; Merely 2 Days After The Previous Hotfix
- This Baldur’s Gate 3 Mod Lets You Know When Your Companions Want To Chat
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Has So Many Headless Bodies To Stop You From Talking To Them
Baldur’s Gate 3 was released on August 3, 2023, on PC, with the PS5 release arriving on September 6, 2023. It is one of the most successful game launches this year, with many considering it a top contender for the Game of the Year award.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍