- Diablo 4 is the latest entry in the long-running Diablo franchise by Blizzard Entertainment. It launched for the PlayStation and Xbox consoles along with PC on June 5, 2023.
- As the game approaches the release of Season of Blood, the second season content roll-out for the game, Blizzard has announced Diablo 4’s Steam release.
- Both Season 2 and the game on Steam are coming out on October 17, which is later in the month.
Diablo 4 has an official Steam release date. The action RPG by Blizzard Entertainment will make landfall on Valve’s storefront on October 17, as revealed during the Diablo 4 Developer Update live stream. Feel free to head over to the game’s listing on Steam and wishlist it if you want. Other than Steam, Diablo 4 arrived on the PC platform via Battle.net in June 2023, Blizzard’s very own game launcher.
A little over a month ago, Blizzard came forward with a new announcement, establishing the Season of Blood seasonal content expansion for Diablo 4, and detailing everything new that would head toward the RPG later in the year. Season of Blood is focused on a new major questline, the plotline of which revolves around preventing the shedding of innocent blood as a new vampire army eyes the hold of the Sanctuary.
Other Content to Check Out:
- Microsoft Will Give Activision-Blizzard Cloud Streaming Rights To Ubisoft
- Diablo 4 Is Not Coming To Xbox Game Pass, Says Blizzard’s President
- Diablo 4’s New Patch Brings General Fixes, Balances Crowd Control, And More
The Season of Blood announcement trailer goes over the lore of the extended campaign mission, setting up the premise for the new vampire baddies about to wage war against you in Diablo 4’s Season 2. Along with the story-based incentive to pursue the questline, players will get to grips with new vampiric powers and 5 additional endgame bosses to hunt down.
Moreover, the new Season doesn’t just bring more content but strives to improve the overall standing of the Diablo 4 gameplay experience as well. The following community-requested features will rear their heads into the title with the arrival of Season of Blood, not to mention some of the additional stuff for the expansion that Blizzard is yet to talk about.
- More efficient Inventory management for Gems.
- Paragon Points, Skill Points, Potion Charges, and Obol capacity upgrades will now carry over into a new Season once achieved with an Eternal or previous Seasonal Realm character.
- Changes to the functionality of status effects such as Vulnerable, Overpower, Critical Strike Damage, and also Elemental Resistances.
In other news, the last major patch for Diablo 4, titled update 1.1.4, brought a slew of bug fixes and an increase in experience bonus that ran for a limited time. Multiple progress blockers were plucked out in order to ensure smooth playability as well, along with other improvements that tended to existing issues. Now that we’re into October, the action RPG has another prominent update incoming.
For those not in the know, there’s good news if you’ve been expecting an update regarding the next Diablo game. Reassuring fans, Blizzard Entertainment’s president replied to a tweet on X (formerly Twitter), saying, “Going forward, you won’t have to wait so long between titles. We have a lot more coming to Diablo 4 and beyond!”
Earlier this year, Mike Ybarra also stated that Blizzard would be focusing on bringing more games to Steam, and it appears that he didn’t speak in vain. Outside of Diablo 4 heading to Steam on October 17, Overwatch 2 — a first-person hero shooter with live service elements belonging to one of Blizzard’s most prominent IPs — landed on Steam in August.
We’ve heard from players that they like games on Steam and have asked us to do the same. Players will always guide our way. We’re excited to be bringing Overwatch 2 to Steam,” said Mike.
Being the fourth rendition in the series, Diablo 4 was released for the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on June 5, 2023.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍