- Diablo 4’s end credits revealed that a total of 9166 developers worked on the entry.
- The voice-over team consisted of 2464 individuals making it one of the most common roles in the project.
- Special thanks were given to a large number of people, potentially showing that not every person mentioned in the credits is directly involved with the development of the titles.
Diablo 4 is one of the major AAA titles launched this year. You would expect an entry of such caliber to have a large number of employees working on it, but it has been revealed that Diablo 4 had a total of 9166 developers in charge of the project. MobyGames, a website dedicated to categorizing video game information, posted details that included the number of people involved in developing the entry mentioned during the end credits.
9,166 people were credited in the making of Diablo IV, a new record!
Let's dig into the numbers… ("Stay a while and listen") pic.twitter.com/iWRJx4mGsY
— MobyGames 🐳 (@MobyGames) July 10, 2023
Additionally, MobyGames shared further information related to credits and the various job roles the employees took charge of. They shared, “The most common role on Diablo IV was audio related, with 2,464 people.” Since there were a lot of voice-overs in the game, this comes as no surprise. Furthermore, a total of 26 got accredited for the voices of creatures found during gameplay.
Various teams worked on the entry, including the project leaders, art, design, engineering, production, sound design, music, marketing, production management, quality assurance, executive team, human resources, global marketing, and many other fundamental departments. Furthermore, according to MobyGames,
- Art/Graphics roles comprised 902 employees.
- The Quality Assurance team comprised 397 people.
- The programming/Engineering team consisted of 394 individuals.
- The design department included 193 developers.
Diablo 4 was released on June 5, 2023, for various platforms, including PC, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S. It’s one of the most notable games this year, as it crossed Final Fantasy 16 to become June’s most downloaded game on PS5. The developers also revealed that many fans are yet unable to complete the game. With a lot of content within the entry, no wonder that the developing team is so colossal.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍