- Mortal Kombat 1 has been released on Nintendo Switch, and fans are disappointed of how the graphics look on the 6-year-old console.
- Although the expectations were relatively low, to begin with, people think it shouldn’t cost the same as other platform versions, especially when it has “PS2 graphics.”
- Some believe it isn’t a problem with the game but more with the hardware that cannot keep up with the latest graphics. This could signify that Nintendo needs to release its next-gen console soon.
- Mortal Kombat 1 will be released on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC on September 19, 2023.
Mortal Kombat 1 has been out for a few days, and fans are underwhelmed by the “PS2 graphics” of the game on Nintendo Switch. Though the expectations for the game on Nintendo’s 6-year-old console were pretty low, fans believe it shouldn’t have the same price tag as the PS5 or Xbox Series versions. While this isn’t the game’s fault, it could indicate that Nintendo fans deserve a next-gen Switch console.
— Roger (@RogeeRoger) September 16, 2023
Nintendo Switch is over half a decade old, and it is difficult for developers to present the same graphics on it as on PlayStation. Titles like Tears of the Kingdom can run on Nintendo because Nintendo developers specifically make them for this console. So when games like Mortal Kombat 1—a fighting game boasting excellent performance and insane features—are released on Switch, the results aren’t always pretty.
There’s a huge lack of polish and care. Almost as if they just took the completed alpha and slapped it on the Switch. And somehow it’s the same price. It’s like, why charge more if you’re going to get less,” says Twitter user Grassblade.
Some players even warned against purchasing such titles, referencing Mortal Kombat 11 as an example of another game running poorly. The abundance of texture glitches and awkward bugs does make it seem like a completely different title. Despite all that, this isn’t something new; as we said earlier, Switch has gotten old, and it is difficult for it to run games the same way as other consoles.
Nintendo needs to release its next-gen console soon because, with the lack of decent hardware, devs are struggling to make the game run and look good on the Switch. Though I have seen devs manage to make a game look gorgeous on Switch and have it running at like 30fps,” says Twitter user Shinsato.
Perhaps with Nintendo’s rumored Switch 2, we will see the game running with much better graphics. Until then, players will have to decide whether to purchase the game on this console since it is nigh impossible for the studio to reduce the price only for the Switch version, as this is the standard for all consoles.
- Mortal Kombat 1 Releases Day 1 Patch; Introduces Bug Fixes And Several Improvements
- Mortal Kombat 1 Is Dropping Crossplay Functionality At Launch
- Mortal Kombat 1 PC System Requirements Have Been Officially Unveiled
Mortal Kombat 1 is a fighting game developed by NetherRealm Studios and published by Warner Bros. Games. The twelfth iteration in the main Mortal Kombat series will be released on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and PC on September 19, 2023, with the premium edition coming 5 days early.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍