- Mortal Kombat 1 Story Mode has suffered from a leak as 3 hours of gameplay surfaces online, revealing much of the story content.
- Although the gameplay videos are being taken down as soon as they go up, an eager fan has summarized the story for others to read.
- Unfortunately, this also means that similar to Starfield, several social media platforms will become a minefield of spoilers.
- Mortal Kombat 1 is set to release on PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on September 19, 2023.
Mortal Kombat 1 suffers from yet another leak, this time revealing 3 hours of gameplay and considerable content of the Story Mode. NetherRealm Studios and Warner Bros. Games seem to be doing all they can to take down the videos, but fans have already summed up the story for others to read (thanks, u/rarebit). This means that until the game’s release, social media platforms will be a minefield of spoilers, so tread carefully.
A streamer by the name of K33n streamed the whole campaign twice before getting caught and having their channel terminated. Their gameplay footage has been re-uploaded multiple times on various platforms but ultimately deleted for legal reasons. So, while we cannot show you the video directly, you can watch them here, and you can expect to see glimpses online throughout the next few days.
Before its release, Starfield also suffered from a similar leak, where players got copies early and spoiled a huge portion of the game, ruining the story quest for many fans. The same should be expected here, so the next time you browse the internet, filtering out the keywords would be best to avoid potential spoilers. In addition to that, fans who have already read the story have conflicting views about how it goes (spoilers ahead).
u/Aquiper replied to the spoilers, “Oh, for the love of god, once they go alternate timeline highjinks, they never go back, do they? That was the plot of the last game!!!” A similar reply by u/SmaugRancor said, “All these multiverse stories that are now in movies, shows, games, etc. are genuinely dog s**t. I’m so f**king tired of them.”
Others like u/feetMeat93 stated, “I actually saw those scenes at least a dozen times, and I’m f**king HYPE I loveeee it lol.” It is safe to say that the story may not be catered for everyone, but we can only speak with certainty once the game has been released.
- The Entire Mortal Kombat 1 Roster Has Seemingly Leaked Online
- Mortal Kombat 1 Will Allegedly Feature Denuvo Anti-Tamper
- Mortal Kombat 1’s Single-Player Mode “Invasion” Leaked Via Brazilian Retailers
Mortal Kombat 1 was developed by NetherRealm Studios and published by Warner Bros. Games. It is the twelfth iteration in the main series, a direct sequel to Mortal Kombat 11, and the second reboot of the series following Mortal Kombat (2011). The fighting game will be released on PlayStation 5, Nintendo Switch, Xbox Series X|S, and PC on September 19, 2023.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍