- The pre-orders of Mortal Kombat 1 physical copies have gone live in Brazil, and one of the retailers may have accidentally leaked huge details regarding a game mode in the game.
- The retailer posted the back cover of the physical copy, revealing a single-player mode called “Invasion.”
- According to the person who found this, this new game mode will likely replace the Krypt.
- Its description mentions “seasons,” which has left many gamers wondering what that could mean.
A recent leak shows an image of the back cover of the Mortal Kombat 1 physical copy, revealing details about its single-player mode called “Invasion.” This image was uploaded by a Brazilian retailer (thanks, u/DeffersonCamargo), and according to the person who found this, the Krypt will likely be replaced by Invasions. The description of this mode mentions the word “seasons,” which has left many wondering what it means.
The Brazilian retailer’s massive blunder has given us some details regarding this Invasion mode. Since it is written in Portuguese, here is a rough translation: “Travel through the realms of Mortal Kombat facing invasions of each season in an all-new single-player experience.” Although it doesn’t give us too much to go on, the use of “seasons” is interesting, to say the least.
Some believe it is a mistranslation, like using the word “partnership” instead of the classic “Kameo.” However, one fan quickly pointed out that “temporada” means seasons in the sense of timescale. So it could be a map mode that changes over time, replacing the living towers or towers of time.
It uses “temporada” which does mean season in the sense of timescale. It means the map mode will change overtime, replacing the living towers/towers of time,” says u/plotylty.
If the seasonal update feature is real, we could see exclusive skins and gear based on each season’s theme. This can go one of two ways; it could contain free rewards for players that can be attained by facing the “invasions,” or this could be a season pass/battle pass, which is unlikely, seeing as how Ed Boon confirmed that the game would have no battle pass.
- It Seems Homelander Is Actually Coming To Mortal Kombat 1
- Mortal Kombat 1 PC Requirements Are Out Now On Steam
- Ed Boon Says That NetherRealm’s Next Game Will Be Injustice 3 Or Mortal Kombat 12
Still, some fans are skeptical as the studio said in the past that there wouldn’t be any loot boxes in Mortal Kombat 11, only to release the Krypt, which many consider a giant mass of loot boxes. Within the realms of the same example, the Shrine was another place where the rewards were randomized, unlike the Krypt, which is a typical characteristic of loot boxes.
Mortal Kombat 1 is an upcoming fighting game developed by NetherReal Studios and published by Warner Bros. Games. It is a sequel to Mortal Kombat 11, serving as the twelfth installment in the main series. This game will mark the second reboot of the series and is scheduled to release on Nintendo Switch, PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5 on September 19, 2023.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍