Fortnite Patch 23.40 Adds New Exotic Weapons, Event, Free Skins, And More
The update is bringing a slew of additions to the prominent battle royale.
- Fortnite’s new 23.40 patch is bringing new content into the game, including new weapons, free skins, the Most Wanted event, new Reality Augments, and more.
- The event brings five new Exotic Weapons, four Reality Augments, and a large arsenal of returning weapons.
- Some new skins are also rumored to be arriving in Fortnite, as shared by the insider HYPEX. We may see new skins in the shop in a few weeks.
- The Most Wanted event will stay live until February 28th, 2023, and Exotic Weapons are likely available until it ends.
Fortnite is well-renowned for dominating the battle royale genre ever since its inception, and the game has remained relevant due to the daily content updates. The new 23.40 patch further enhances the fun experience by bringing various new goodies, including the new Most Wanted event, which can unlock exciting rewards.
The alluring Chapter 4: Season 1 of Fortnite is due to wrap up in a couple of weeks, but the developers are adding a significant content update to keep things exciting for the players. The Most Wanted event comes with its own quest line that can be completed to increase the infamy levels and gain Cold Blooded Medallions.
The event features new Exotic Weapons locked away in vaults waiting to be found, but grabbing them would be a major challenge to behold. The new weapons will likely only be available during the duration of the Most Wanted event, so best to enjoy them while they last.
The new Exotic Weapons airdropping into Fortnite 23.40 patch are listed below:
- Breacher Shotgun – best when opponents get close and personal; it is perfect for destroying walls and cover
- Explosive Assault Rifle – shoots a succession of explosive rounds
- Accelerant Shotgun – features dynamic stats, with its fire rate and the movement speed growing as damage is caused to the enemies
- Run N Gun SMG -Imbued with Slap and self-reloads your magazine while sprinting
- Blink Mag SMG – Temporarily reward players with the Zero Point Dash ability after reloading
Note: These new Exotic guns are also available in the creative mode.
Completing the event challenges will fill the reward progress, and the players can unlock rewards, including the Solid Skull Back Bling and the Cold Blooded Ace Skin, without paying a single dime. Moreover, many weapons, like the Hand Cannon, Dual Pistols, Heavy Sniper, and Suppressed Pistol are making an awaited return.
The event also introduces a new “Heat” system, which will increase the hostility of Cold Blooded members as you gain Heat by killing your opponents. The accumulated heat will also make you visible on the map for enemies to spot you.
Fortnite 23.40 update also sees the arrival of new Reality Augments to spice up your already-heated gameplay. The latest Reality Augments are listed below:
- Exotic Grab Bag – Proffers you a random Heisted Exotic weapon
- Sniper Surplus – Adds an extra one ammo to every owned sniper rifles
- Keymaster – Rewards users with two holo-chest keys
- Last Shots – The last two bullets in the pistol magazine will cause bonus damage
Fortnite’s new Exotic Weapons, returning weapons, and the Exotic Grab Bag and Sniper Surplus Reality Augments, available in the Most Wanted event, are not available in competitive playlists. The Most Wanted event will stay live until February 28th, 2023.
It is no surprise that almost all the major Fortnite updates bring some notable character skins to the game, and the new 23.40 patch is also rumored to bring its own slew of outfits. The known Fortnite insider HYPEX shared some of the new outfits coming with the update. We can expect them to emerge in the shop in a few weeks.
Some New Skins! pic.twitter.com/qSVygyzIaw
— HYPEX (@HYPEX) February 14, 2023
Talking about leaks, Fortnite is rumored to receive an FPS mode in the future. However, it has not yet been officially confirmed by the developers. The game received major gains in visuals using Unreal Engine 5 in Chapter 4, which breathed new life into the already-popular experience.
Despite its dominance for the last few years, Fortnite continues to gain critical acclaim and new players. One primary reason behind its growing success is its renowned collaboration with major celebrities in varied facets of the entertainment media.
What are your thoughts regarding Fortnite’s new v23.40 update bringing a plethora of additions to the already eventful battle royale? Do let us know your opinions in the comments below.
Similar Reads: Modern Warfare 2 Remains US’ Best-Seller For 4 Consecutive Months.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍