- Helldivers 2 is a 2024-released third-person shooter that has been making waves across the industry.
- The game’s an instant top-seller on Steam within 24 hours of its release, beating its competition.
- On the PlayStation platform, Helldivers 2 was the most pre-ordered game in recent times.
Arrowhead Game Studios, the developer of the first Helldivers and now the sequel as well, has been eyeing an early February release for its latest venture. Thankfully, all that aggressive marketing has paid off, with Helldivers 2 becoming a top-seller on Steam, and the most popular new release on the platform. On PlayStation, the game’s immense pre-order count has granted it the highest ranking on the charts as well.
In the US, though, the game’s enjoying the top spot right now by becoming the best-selling title in terms of revenue in that region (thanks Kami), so it’s safe to say that Arrowhead’s latest third-person shooter has settled well among fans and critics. It bears noticing that Helldivers 2 isn’t priced like most AAA titles are these days—it sets one back about $39.99 both on Steam and PlayStation.
On the SteamDB side of things, Helldivers 2 currently continues to amass players with every passing moment. At the moment, the peak count stands at ~61,000 users, but those figures are expected to rise over the course of the next few days, considering that the title just came out. I easily see the shooter pushing past the 100,000 barrier soon enough.
Helldivers 2 is one of the rare PlayStation exclusives that the company has plotted to land on both the PlayStation 5 and PC at the same time, though this doesn’t happen usually, really. For starters, Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 made landfall last October, but there’s no sight of a PC port anywhere for now. In contrast, Xbox tends to launch its first-party exclusives on both the Xbox consoles and PC on day one, though folks have reason to believe Microsoft is giving up the exclusivity factor soon.
Other Related Content to Check Out:
- Helldivers 2 Allegedly Only Needs 25 GB On PS5 Compared To PC’s 100 GB Requirement
- Helldivers 2’s New Trailer Showcases The All-Out Galactic War Feature
- Arrowhead Shows Off New Helldivers 2’s DLC Goodies
Helldivers 2 came out today on February 8, 2024, for the PlayStation 5 and PC. It is the sequel to the first Helldivers that Arrowhead Game Studios — the developer — pushed out in 2015.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍