- Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 has now sold over 1.5 million copies worldwide, as confirmed by devs.
- The entry sold a million copies back in May 2022, and the whole franchise had climbed over 13 million sales.
- It came out on June 4, 2021, for PC and last-gen consoles and was released on August 24, 2021, for next-gen devices.
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 has pushed the series to new horizons with its massive upgrades over the past titles. As a result, the game sold a huge number of copies during the first few months despite not having the most critical reception. As per the new H1 2023 Earnings financial statement by the Polish devs —spotted by games industry analyst MauroNL— the tactical stealth shooter has now rolled over 1.5 million units.
CI Games H1 2023 Earnings
Revenue: $5.10m -27% YoY
Net Loss: $0.72m ($3.06m Profit H1 2022)
– Lower sales and higher production & marketing costs
– Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 sold 1.5m units
– Outsourced development for Project Survive terminated with Batfield Studio pic.twitter.com/CGRlTJP7jW
— MauroNL (@MauroNL3) October 2, 2023
The title came out two and a half years ago and went on to sell like hotcakes. It hit a million sales in May of last year but slowed down eventually. Another half a million has been added in nearly a year and a half since then. The Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts series as a whole has shifted over 13 million copies worldwide since its first game in 2010.
Other Interesting Reads:
- Command And Conquer-Inspired Tempest Rising To Debut Famous Composter Frank Klepacki.
- Asmongold Slams Lies Of P’s Bosses; Calls Them “Badly Designed.”
- Here’s What You Should Do To Prepare For Marvel’s Spider-Man 2.
Despite the massive milestone, CI Games is not exactly satisfied with the overall sales number of its games for the first half of 2023. However, the tide is projected to shift in the second part of the FY, as CI Games has been working on launching the highly awaited Lords of the Fallen. It is a dark Souls-like action fantasy to satiate our thirst for some hardcore ventures different than the tactical sniping hunting in Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2.
The game received quite a mixed reception upon launch. While it did solve the series’ failed attempt to become an open-world adventure in Sniper Ghost Warrior 3, the shoddy AI, lousy story, and technical issues plummeted its scores to 73 out of 100 on Metacritic for the PC version. On the other hand, it was also critically praised for its massive improvements in the sniping mechanic, level design, and overall variety.
Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2 came out on June 4, 2021, for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S. It initially only launched for the last-gen consoles and PC but made its way to current-gen PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S, and Xbox Series S on August 24, 2021.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍