- The Last of Us multiplayer spin-off entry has been declared dead by the prominent films and gaming industry insider ViewerAnon.
- Naughty Dog has previously laid off at least 25 contract workers, and the project was claimed to be on thin ice. The title has been in murky waters throughout its development.
- We suggest taking the new rumor with a grain of salt. Both Sony and Naughty Dog have yet to confirm that the multiplayer game has been canned.
The Last of Us multiplayer game may finally have been canned at this point. The prominent films and gaming industry insider, ViewerAnon, recently responded to a tweet and declared that The Last of Us spin-off has now died. The insider was also responsible for initially reporting about The Last of Us Part 3 entry, so his words are quite trusted among the community.
It’s dead, Jim.
— ViewerAnon (@ViewerAnon) October 5, 2023
The recent Naughty Dog saga has been widely talked about in the gaming industry, with the studio firing at least 25 contract workers in recent times. The rumors also suggested that the project was basically treading on thin ice in current times. Combining the new dismissals and claims with his hot take, we can assume that Naughty Dog may have discreetly pulled the plug from the title.
Regardless, the fans of The Last of Us multiplayer project are quite confused regarding the vague response. It is currently unclear whether the reply is corroborated by the insider’s sources or is just an opinion. We suggest taking the new update on the game with a huge grain of salt. Both Sony and Naughty Dog have been quite silent concerning the latest layoffs and still have not spoken up about the future of the troubled game.
- The Last Of Us Part 2 Could Be Getting A Remaster.
- The Last of Us Franchise Has Officially Turned 10 Years Old.
- Sony Putting Together An Internal Dev Team With Naughty Dog For An Unannounced AAA Title.
Bungie internally reviewed The Last of Us multiplayer project earlier this year and discovered that it was quite lacking. Hence, Sony cut off a large portion of resources from it. Naughty Dog also previously claimed to players that the game needs more time to brew it to perfection.
There have been huge internal developments at Sony over the past few weeks that could have resulted in such drastic changes for Naughty Dog and the title. Jim Ryan announced his departure from Sony a few days ago and is set to retire in March 2024. The current CEO was more aligned with the live-service aspect, after all. His decision to depart could have resulted in Naughty Dog canceling The Last of Us multiplayer title altogether.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍