- Insomniac Games has been reportedly hit by a ransomware attack.
- The hacker group Rhysida has uploaded Marvel’s Wolverine screenshots as their proof.
- The hackers have also managed to get their hands on confidential documents of Insomniac Games employees.
Insomniac Games have been allegedly hit by a ransomware attack. The hacker group is reportedly identified as Rhysida Ransomeware. The hackers have claimed the private info of developers, including their passports and internal emails, and have also allegedly leaked Marvel’s Wolverine screenshots while demanding a hefty ransom. Note that Insomniac has yet to make an official statement about the incident.
As reported by CyberDaily, Rhysida has demanded from Insomniac Games a ransom of 50 Bitcoins (worth about $2 million) within seven days. Additionally, as quoted by CyberDaily, Rhysida has mentioned on its leak site,
Open your wallets and be ready to buy exclusive data. We sell only to one hand, no reselling, you will be the only owner!”
- Insomniac Confirms Marvel’s Wolverine And Spider-Man Share The Same Universe
- Insomniac Games’ Creative Director Teases Marvel’s Spider-Man 3
- Insomniac Has Put Wolverine Easter Eggs In Spider-Man 2
The hackers have shared several images of Marvel’s Wolverine, an upcoming title Insomniac Games is currently working on. Rhysida has also shared images of confidential documents of Insomniac Games’ employees to back up its claim that it has successfully hacked their systems. However, Insomniac Games or Sony has not commented on the situation.
Insomniac Games is a subsidiary of PlayStation Studios. The studio recently launched Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 on October 20, 2023, which was rated 4 out of 5 by eXputer. The game was published by Sony and featured engaging combat, captivating storytelling, and graphical fidelity.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍