- Xbox’s roadmap showing the company’s goals has seemingly leaked online via Microsoft vs. FTC case court documents. The roadmap shows details about its plans until the next-gen comes out.
- The final dev kit for the next Xbox console will come out by the end of 2027. And the first dev kit would roll around sometime in the calendar year 2027.
- The slide confirms that the B0 silicone tapeout will be wrapped around mid-2026. The SOC design will also be finalized in 2024, finishing some notable aspects of the next-gen console.
- The leaked roadmap further confirms that the next Xbox consoles will be released in 2028.
Plenty of details about Xbox’s future plans have recently leaked online, and now the whole roadmap showcasing its technical plans until the next-gen has come out. The leak is a part of the redacted Microsoft vs. FTC court case documents that surfaced online. The image was uploaded on the r/GamingLeaksAndRumors subreddit by the user u/Fiddler_2K, confirming that the final dev kit for the next Xbox console will come out by the end of 2027.
Judging by the chart above, the first dev kit would roll around sometime in CY 2027. The silicone tapeout details are also mentioned in the sheet. It is the final result of the design process of a chip before it’s ready to be manufactured. As per the image, several of the chips will be finished between the calendar year 2026 and 2027. The B0 tapeout — the final version of the chip that is sent for manufacturing — will also be ready by mid-2026.
The other details include game production for the Gen 9 — the current — consoles; it will begin in the calendar year 2025 and will likely be the last set of titles that begin developing for the current generation. The SOC design process will also be completed in the next calendar year, finalizing some prominent facets of the next-gen console.
- Microsoft Is Supposedly Working On Adding Platinum Xbox Achievements.
- Bethesda & Xbox To Meet Up With Laid-Off Deep Silver Volition Employees.
- The Elder Scrolls 6 Will Be An Xbox Exclusive.
Another rampant rumor in the industry suggests that Microsoft was seemingly deciding between using ARM64 and x86, as seen in the slide above. The decision was finalized in the last calendar year but remains unclear to the public.
Overall, the users are quite surprised after digging through the newly leaked Xbox roadmap and the final Dev kit competition year. This revelation further confirms that the next-gen Xbox consoles are already in the works behind a veil; a newly surfaced FTC document says that it will launch the next Xbox consoles in 2028. The rumors also fully align with another court doc leak a few months ago, which expected the next-gen to begin in 2028.
For the current generation, gamers can anticipate a brand new set of Xbox Series models for next year. Even the images of a disc-less Xbox Series X refresh have spread across the web amid the recent chaotic leaks of redacted documents in the industry.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍