- Xbox Game Pass seemingly earned a massive $230 million in revenue in April 2022, as revealed in the newly leaked Microsoft vs. FTC case court slide documents.
- Most Game Pass users are also spending the complete price for their subscriptions.
- Around 21.9 million subscribers of the 33.6 million on its Xbox consoles were for Game Pass. The other 11.7 million were Xbox Live Gold users.
Xbox Game Pass has come a long way in the current gen, and a recent earnings estimate further solidifies its status in the industry. It seemingly earned over a gargantuan $230 million in revenue in a single month, as unveiled in the newly leaked and redacted Microsoft vs. FTC case docs. Based on the calculations done by TweakTown, the subscription service may have earned roughly $231.5 million in revenue for April 2022.
The redacted Xbox Game Pass slides mention that the massive gaming service produced an average of $9.26 per user’s subscription. The total earnings of $231.5 million are estimated by the fact that Game Pass boasted over 25 million users as of January 18, 2022. The number also implies that about 3.1 million PC Game Pass subscribers were using the service during that time.
Additionally, most gamers subscribed to Game Pass are spending full price for their subscription. According to the estimates, the net earnings of $9.26 nearly align with the actual $9.99 monthly cost of the base Game Pass console and PC tier.
- Koei Tecmo Wants to Bring More Games To Xbox Game Pass And PS Plus Extra.
- Microsoft Gives Away Xbox Game Pass Codes During English Football Game.
- Xbox Game Pass Ultimate’s Friends And Family Plan Expanding To 6 New Countries.
The giant conglomerate also provided an overview of its gaming ecosystem as of April 2022 in one of the slides that were not redacted. The statistics revealed that a staggering 21.9 million subscribers of the 33.6 million on its Xbox consoles were for Game Pass. The rest of 11.7 million were Xbox Live Gold users. It is worth noting these statistics do not include the recent growth spurts that happened in the recent months.
The sheet also reveals Xbox Live boasted over 112 million quarterly active subscribers at the time. 51.3 million of these were console gamers, while the other 48.7 million were actively playing games. It is worth noting that Xbox Live Gold could be changed with a new Game Pass tier.
All in all, the new revenue amount has left the community quite shocked, to say the least. In some related news, the next-gen Xbox consoles are already in the works behind the curtains; a recently surfaced FTC document implies that Microsoft will launch its next consoles in 2028. It also fully aligns with another court filing a few months ago, where it expected the next-gen to begin in 2028.
For the current generation, fans can expect brand new Xbox Series models for next year. Even the designs of a disc-less Xbox Series X refresh have surfaced amid the recent spurts of redacted doc leaks in the industry.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍