- In a recent interview, Phil Spencer confirmed that Xbox Series X Console Wraps are coming to Japan later this year.
- He believes that it is an excellent way for people to celebrate their love for a particular game without purchasing a new console, so they are still working on the release timing.
- As for the Xbox Series S Console Wraps, Spencer says its design is a “little different” and still a work in progress.
- Since we are nearing the end of the year, Japanese fans will have to wait around two months before they can get their hands on Series X Console Wraps.
In an interview at the Xbox Tokyo Game Show, Phil Spencer confirmed that the Xbox Series X Console Wraps will be coming to Japan later this year (timestamp: 25:35). Xbox believes that it is an excellent way for people to celebrate their love for their favorite games without purchasing a new console. In addition to that, he also said that the Xbox Series S Console Wraps are a work in progress as their design is a “little different.”
Xbox recently launched brand-new Series X wraps, including Arctic camo, Mineral camo, and Starfield wraps. Oftentimes, after a big release, companies release skins or covers that players can purchase for their current product and support without needing to spend too much money. For Xbox, it started with Starfield and will potentially happen for other major releases in the future.
“We have talked about it, how it’s a nice way to celebrate their love for certain games without having to buy an all-new console,” says Phil Spencer.
The Starfield wraps are available to pre-order in the US, Canada, and Europe. Luckily, the Japanese fans will get to purchase these by the end of the year. Spencer said, “We are working on the timing for it,” so the release date should be announced sometime soon. And seeing as how we are nearing the end of the year, it shouldn’t be too far.
- Xbox Series X Mid-Gen Refresh Details Have Leaked Online, Courtesy Of FTC Files
- Every Major Announcement From Xbox At The Tokyo Game Show 2023
- Microsoft Execs Considered Bringing Xbox Cloud Gaming On PS5 Through A Browser
Moreover, the Series S Console Wraps are still a work in progress, and their design will be a “little different.” It is unclear how far along they are and when we can expect their release, but it is unlikely that we will see them coming this year. Nevertheless, more news on this should arrive once an official announcement regarding the Japanese release has been made.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍