Alternating Currents Starfield is a quest of the main storyline where players have to find evidence regarding the power drainage in The Well. The mission Alternating Currents is located at the New Atlantis on planet Jemison. As you reach the area known as The Well, look for a lady known as Louisa Reyez. Follow her through, and you will end up completing the Alternating Currents main quest.
What Is Alternating Currents In Starfield?
Louisa and Zoe are the two important characters of the quest, Alternating Currents. However, the quest also has two different endings. After players investigate the power drainage in The Well, they will get their hands on the evidence regarding whoever is behind the power drainage. Once players get back to the Trade Authority Office with the evidence, they can either hand it over to Zoe or Louisa.
How To Start Alternating Currents?
Right after you complete the mission “Tapping the Grid,” go and talk to Louisa Reyez. It is where a new mission known as “Alternating Currents” will be added to the quest list. Just as Louisa suspected, the Trade Authority is behind the power drainage at The Well. However, you have to find evidence in order to prove that.
Once you are done talking to Louisa, she will ask you to follow her to the Trade Authority Office, where you will meet Zoe. Louisa and Zoe will have a conversation regarding the power drainage at The Well. And Zoe will ask you to go and look for more evidence regarding the power drainage.
Locating Junction Box 36B
In order to locate Junction Box 36B, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Get out of the Trade Authority Office and take a left turn.
- On the left, you will see stairs.
- Climb up these stairs and keep moving forward.
- Once you reach the stairs where you have to climb down, take a right turn through the hallway.
- As you come across the signboard, “Upper Level,” take a left turn and climb up the stairs.
- Keep following the quest marker until you reach the broken ledge.
- Jump across the ledge, and the Junction Box will be right in front.
- Activate the Junction Box 36B.
Locating Junction Box 47B
After activating the Junction Box 36B, follow the quest marker, and it will lead you to the next junction box, which is 47B. Activate the junction box, and Zoe will ask you to find the next junction box. However, the next junction box is not located in The Well.
Locating Junction Box 101F
In order to find Junction Box 101F, thoroughly follow the steps listed below:
- Take the stairs on the left and get to the lower level.
- Follow the quest marker, and it will lead you to an elevator.
- Use the elevator to get to the Spaceport.
- From the Spaceport, use the Transit Car to get to the Residential District.
- Follow the marker through the Residential District, and it will lead you to Junction Box 101F.
- However, this is where Zoe will make you an offer and will ask you to hand over the evidence to her instead of Louisa.
- After you activate the Junction Box 101F, get into the Athena Tower right behind you.
- Use the elevator to reach the Apartment area.
- Digipick the locked door on the left.
- Get inside the apartment and download the evidence files from the unauthorized computer.
Now that you have found the evidence regarding the power drainage at The Well, all that is left is to hand over it to either Louisa or Zoe. However, the choice is completely dependent on you as it does not affect the ending at all. The reward you get is 2500 Credits, which is not going to change whoever you hand the evidence to.
With all of the information provided above, my guide on Alternating Currents Starfield comes to an end. In this guide, I have mentioned the complete walkthrough of the Alternating Currents quest, which is part of the main storyline. In the quest, Alternating Currents, Players have to acquire evidence of the culprit, whoever is behind the power drainage in The Well.
While you are at it, make sure to check out other Starfield guides as well. Guides such as All Skill Tree Guide, Best Companion in Starfield, All Powers and Effects, and many more have been covered, which can prove to be very helpful as you progress throughout Starfield.
- Starfield: The BEST Backgrounds To Pick
- Starfield: What Is Vanguard Motto?
- Starfield: Best Ways To Get Digipicks Faster
- Starfield: How To Get Shielded Cargo & Sell Contraband
Image Credit: Games Guide Channel
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍