The Enchantment Slot is a unique system only the Sorcerer/Sorceress class has in Diablo 4. This unique trait allows you to activate passive buffs of your existing skills, meaning that with this system, you can now revel in the benefits of the skills that weren’t to your liking previously.
What Are Enchantment Slots In Diablo 4Throughout the game, you’ll unlock 2 Enchantment Slots as Sorecerer. Putting any existing skills into these slots unlocks their passive buffs or traits, which can further aid you in combat.
This system gives the Sorcerer class an added advantage: putting the skills you don’t usually use a lot to good use, something that is impossible for other classes. However, this system itself also comes with its fair share of rules which I will list below:
- A skill enlisted as active can also be used as a passive simultaneously.
- The upgrades made to a skill carry over to the Enchantment Slot.
- At least one skill point must be spent on a skill to allocate them to the Enchantment Slot.
- Ultimate Skills don’t have any passives, which means they cannot be enchanted,
- Once you reach level 15, you can pursue the quest to unlock the first Enchantment Slot.
- The second Enchantment Slot is unlocked once you are past level 30.
How To Unlock Enchantment Slot
- Once you reach level 15, the “The Legacy of Magi” quest will automatically appear in your quest log, enabling you to unlock Enchantment Slot in Diablo 4.
- Meet with Sorcerer Mordarin in the Southwest of Nevesak to start this quest (the location where the campaign started)
- Sorcerer Mordarin asks you to retrieve an important item, which goes by the name of “Forgotten Index”, from the Lost Archives.
- The Lost Archives is located to the east of your current location.
- Los Archive has a randomized layout for everyone, so it’s difficult to pinpoint the exact location of the Forgotten Index.
- That said, you will find the Forgotten Index within the Halls of Knowledge or its nearby areas.
- After recovering the Forgotten Index, return it to Mordarin.
- The rest of the Lost Archive dungeon is completely optional, and it’s up to you to complete it or not, although I’d recommend doing so for fancy rewards.
- Follow Mordarin to his shack and light the four braziers when he asks you to.
- Fight off the hoards of demons until Mordarin completes his ritual.
- Interact with him again after the ritual to unlock the Enchantment Slot.
All Enchantment Slot EffectsThere are six skill trees in Diablo 4, and all have passive effects when allotted into Enchatmnet Slot except for the Ultimate Skills. Below I have listed the passive effect of each Sorcerer Skill in Diablo 4:
- Arc Lash: Enemies are stunned for 0.5 seconds after using a Cooldown.
- Fire Bolt: Additional 23% burning damage is dealt from the skill for 8 seconds.
- Frost Bolt: Additional 15% chill damage is dealt from direct damage.
- Spark: Upon killing an enemy, there is a 12% chance that Crackling Energy will form.
- Chain Lightning: Forms after the 100 mana is spent.
- Charged Bolts: Upon stunning an enemy, a Charged Bolt will release (40% chance).
- Fireball: Defeated enemies explode in the form of a fireball, dealing 50% of the attack’s damage.
- Frozen Orb: Non-basic skills have a 20% chance of releasing a Frozen Orb.
- Ice Shards: Ice Shards spontaneously invoke and target frozen enemies.
- Incinerate: Every 20 seconds, an enemy will be incinerated by a serpent.
- Flame Sheild: A shield made up of flame activates automatically every time you take a critical hit. The shield activates once every 120 seconds.
- Ice Armor: Upon receiving damage, there is a 5% chance you’ll receive a buff in the form of Ice Armor.
- Teleport: This passive buff replaces your main teleport with a shorter one that has a 17-second cooldown.
- Frost Nova: Frost Nova will release with the use of Conjuration skills (30% chance).
- Hydra: Upon spending 300 mana, a menacing Hydra spawns on the battlefield.
- Ice Blades: Ice Blades will spawn for every 20 seconds you spend in a cooldown.
- Lightning Blade: Every time you pick up a Crackling Energy, there is a 10% chance a Lightning Spear will form.
- Ball Lightning: Landing a critical hit gives you a 25% chance to spawn Ball Lightning.
- Blizzard: Every 15 seconds, a Blizzard will cover your surroundings.
- Firewall: Upon dealing burning damage to enemies, there is a 5% chance that two Firewalls spawn beneath their feet.
- Meteor: Enemies are struck with a Meteor (5% chance).
How To Assign Skills
- Open and expand your Abilities Menu
- Beneath the Abilities Menu, click on the Skill Assignment Tab.
- From there, pick up the required skill, and drag it to the Enchantment Slot.
- Once that’s done, the passive effect of your desired skill will take effect.
Other Game Tips
Similarly, every class in Diablo 4 boasts a unique trait with huge combat benefits. At the same time, unique traits and skills aren’t the only way to survive the overwhelming encounters of Diablo 4. That is why I recommend going through our guides on Best Solo Class, Best Barbarian Build, Best PvP class, best necromancer build, and best druid build.
Traveling back and forth to different locations is something that you’d be doing a lot when hunting for different items, rewards, and resources or even when tracking various questlines. For that reason, I recommend going through our guide Waypoint locations in Diablo 4 to make your traversal easier.
This concludes my guide on Diablo 4 Enchantment Slot for the Sorcerer class, in which I discussed both its usage and the quest to unlock it. Let us know your queries in the comments.
- Diablo 4: All Altars Of Lilith Locations
- Diablo 4: How To Get Murmuring Obols
- Diablo 4: How To Respec & Reset Individual Skills
- Diablo 4: How To Transmog & Change Looks
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍