Nightmare Dungeons can be found in Diablo 4 at different tier levels and at different difficulty levels. All of these Dungeons are pretty hard to beat as they are a more advanced version of normal dungeons in terms of difficulty. The rewards for these Dungeons justify the difficulty of each of the Nightmare Dungeons that can be found. In order to complete each and every dungeon, you have to wait a while since most of the players around the world haven’t even completed all yet.
Nightmare Dungeon Tier Levels Comparison
Following are the various Dungeon Tiers and their required Levels in Diablo 4:
|Tiers||World Tier||Level Required||Revives||Affixes||Sigils|
|Tier 1-10||Wolrd Tier 3||54-63||12 Revives Only||3 Affixes||Sacred Sigils|
|Tier 11-20||World Tier 3||64-73||12 Revieves||4 Affixes||Ancestral Sigils|
|Tier 21-100||World Tier 4||74-154||4 Revives||5 Affixes||Ancestral Sigils|
What Are Nightmare Dungeons Tier Levels?
Nightmare Dungeons are basically endgame kinds of side quests that are really hard to complete. The difficulty is determined by the various Diablo 4 Nightmare Dungeons Tier levels. These Tier Levels range from Tier 1 to 100 level. Going past Tier 20 of these Nightmare Dungeons is not suggested if you are at level 40 or below. You can literally finish the primary campaign of Diablo 4 under level 40, but the difficulty for these Nightmare Dungeons is set.
- You must progress through different challenging tier levels of Nightmare Dungeons and face battles.
- As you keep moving forward, you will receive upgraded loot and Gear.
- The higher gear level you have, the more chance of survivability you have in each Nightmare Dungeon.
The tiers above level 20+ are exclusive to the World Tier 4 level in Diablo 4. You cannot access tiers above 20 if you are still at World Tier 3, as high as it is. The fastest way to get to Tier 20+ above is by adding friends who have already passed the tests of most Nightmare Dungeons and helping them. Once you acquire a decent loot, you can start completing all the tiers before 20, as it will be a piece of cake.
How To Unlock Nightmare Dungeons?
In order to unlock these Nightmare Dungeons, you will need to change various normal dungeons into Nightmare ones. You will unlock Nightmare Dungeons as an endgame activity but won’t be able to enter one initially. You need a special item known as Nightmare Sigils in order to unlock each Nightmare Dungeon. These items are consumable and used primarily to open or turn normal dungeons into Nightmare Dungeons.
- Nightmare Sigils have different attributes that are set on specific dungeons and only turn those dungeons into the Nightmare Dungeons.
- Each Nightmare Sigil has a different Diablo 4 Nightmare Dungeons Tier Level.
- These tier levels determine the tier levels of the set Nightmare Dungeons on the map.
- The tier level of each Nightmare Sigil determines the varying difficulty as well as the number of enemies you face.
- As you move up tiers, the number of tiers and the number of revives goes down, and affixes go up.
- You will start from “Tier 1” Nightmare Sigil, and the next tier can be found or rewarded after the completion of Tier 1.
- Your gear is essential to survival in these Nightmare Dungeons since you cannot depend on the positive affixes.
- Certain levels need to be reached in order to unlock further Nightmare Sigils with Tiers above 1.
- The Higher the difficulty or tier of a dungeon, the better and more rewards you get after its completion.
- Each Dungeon has a task to find certain objects or opponents and defeat the final boss as the final part.
- Some Reddit users have sought to check every different Diablo 4 nightmare dungeon tier level and give out tips.
- Nightmare Sigils can be hard to get, so you should probably start from tier 1 sigils and hope to find more at the end of each dungeon.
How Do You Get Nightmare Sigils?
There are different ways through which you can find a Nightmare Sigil. Since it is a consumable, you must go to the consumable menu first and from their unlocked different Nightmare Dungeons. The first and the easiest way of getting Nightmare Sigils is, of course, by waiting to end a Nightmare Dungeon and then getting it after completing it.
- Mostly, Nightmare Sigils are random drops throughout different side quests in Diablo 4.
- In the Nightmare Dungeons, try to defeat all the coming opponents since they seem to drop sigils the most.
- The first Tier of Nightmare Sigils can be accessed after completing the Trees Of Whispers EndQuest.
- Whispers Of Dead are a series of side quests through which you can farm multiple Nightmare Sigils.
- 10 Grims Of Favors is a part of these side quests as you get your main sigils through it alone.
- Apart from the Tree Of Whispers side quest, you can also defeat the main World Bosses to be awarded sigils.
- World Bosses can be fought off from their randomized spawn location as they drop high-tier sigils.
- Most Nightmare Sigils can only be unlocked till tier 20 if you are still at World Tier 3 in Diablo 4.
- Farming Nightmare Sigils can be a really hefty task, so you can skip the early tiers from 1-3 and wait for tier 4.
- This is how you can skip through tiers by waiting around to get elite gear at those levels.
- The best way of getting high-tier Nightmare Sigils in Diablo 4 for Nightmare Dungeons levels is by crafting.
- The ability to craft Nightmare Sigils unlocks way into the late-game mechanics of Diablo 4.
Crafting Nightmare Sigils
This method of getting Nightmare Sigils allows you to skip multiple Diablo 4 Nightmare Dungeons tier levels. Crafting Nightmare Sigils requires you to have extra Sigils in hand to use them for your cause further. Low-tier Nightmare Sigils can be used to craft high-tier Sigils, which is why this is a great method for farming Nightmare Sigils for the Nightmare Dungeons in Diablo 4.
- You would have to start with the Sigil Crafting side quest that pops up in the logs.
- Go ahead and track it, as it only becomes available after you reach World Tier 3.
- Another requirement is to finish the Cathedral Of Light Dungeon firsthand.
- You have to go to the area of Kyovashad in order to speak with the Occultist,
- It is through speaking to the Occultist that you unlock “Crafting Nightmare Sigils.”
- Essentially, you just need the right amount of crafting materials to craft Nightmare Sigils,
- There is a process where you Salvage the Nightmare Sigils, specifically unwanted ones.
- It is how you obtain a source known as “Sigil Powder” through which you can craft the Sigils.
- You must bring these Sigil Powder to the Occulist to craft your Nightmare Sigils.
- You can use any high-tier or low-tier Sigil to create the Sigil powder anytime.
- The crafting system can be complicated, but you can make Sacred and Ancestral Sigils.
- Sacred Sigils are the tier 1-20 level Sigils you can craft, and those above are Ancestral Sigils.
- You must bring these Sigil Powder to the Occulist to craft your Nightmare Sigils.
- It is better to have the highest tier to craft an even higher-tiered Sigil.
What Are Nightmare Dungeon Affixes?
While talking about the Diablo 4 Nightmare Dungeons tier levels, you must know that certain hurdles and rules are set when you get a high or low-tier Nightmare Dungeon. They are basically these modifiers of the dungeon that sort of choose the difficulty level you will face. These set rules are known as “Affixes”. Affixes make sure that the higher tier you get, the more difficult and challenging it gets for you.
- Affixes modify and enhance the experience of a Nightmare Dungeon.
- It may be fun and annoying at the same time,
- There are two types of affixes one is negative affixes and the other is positive affixes.
- Positive affixes alter the dungeon aspects to your advantage to give you that slight edge.
- On the other hand, the negative affixes make sure that the aspects of the dungeon are rigid and difficult.
- As you go higher in tiers, the positive affixes and negative affixes will decrease.
- These substantial changes are set as the highest tier has five affixes while the lowest has three.
- Positive affixes give you the advantage of increasing your frost, poison, or any other damage to a foe.
- Negative affixes, on the other hand, do things like increase the elemental damage from monsters.
- The negative affies can also change the environmental aspects of a dungeon against you.
- The most deadly affix is the Stormbane’s Wrath, which causes lighting strikes against you while you move.
- The best positive affixes are the ones that increase the dropped loot from the monsters.
- The additional drops can ensure you get extra gold, Nightmare Sigils, or gems.
- Revives are also affected by the affixes set by the Nightmare Sigils.
A total of 52 known Affixes are found in Diablo 4 Nightmare Dungeons tier levels. These affixes include only 14 positive affixes, and the rest of the 38 affixes are negative. The affixes will increase in terms of World Tiers, as said before. They are divided into:
- World Tier 3 ranges from Nightmare Sigil tier 1-10 and has only three affixes.
- World Tier 3 (second half) ranges from Nightmare Sigil tier 11-20 and has four affixes.
- World Tier 4 ranges from Nightmare Sigil tier 21-100 and has a whopping five affixes!
|Monster Shadow Resist||Monsters take 40% less Shadow damage.||Negative|
|Monster Vulnerable Resist||The duration of Vulnerable Effects vs monsters is reduced by 60%.||Negative|
|Potion Breakers||Monster attacks from a distance have 30% chance to disable healing potion for 2 seconds.||Negative|
|Ranged Defenders||Monsters take 60% less damage from distant targets.||Negative|
|Resistance Breakers||Monster attacks from a distance reduce resistance by 10% for 6 sec, stacking up to 50%.||Negative|
|Slowing Projectiles||Monster attacks from a distance have a 50% chance to slow targets.||Negative|
|Stormbane's Wrath||Stormbane's Wrath chases players around, releasing deadly pulses when reaching a player. (despawns when boss objective completed)||Negative|
|Unstoppable Monsters||Monsters become Unstoppable when life drops below 30%.||Negative|
|Volcanic||While in combat, gouts of flame periodically erupt near players.||Negative|
|Nightmare Portals||Red portals periodically spawn in the dungeon, unleashing more hellish demons from any region in Sanctuary.||Negative|
|Monster Burning Damage||Monsters deal an additional 30% of their Physical damage dealt as Burning over 5 sec.||Negative|
|Monster Burning Resist||Monsters take 60% less Burning damage.||Negative|
|Monster Cold Damage||Monsters deal an additional 15% of their Physical damage dealt as Cold.||Negative|
|Monster Critical Resist||Monsters take 60% less damage from Critical Strike.||Negative|
|Monster Crowd Control Resist||Crowd Control durations vs monsters is reduced by 40%.||Negative|
|Monster Fire Damage||Monsters deal an additional 20% of their Physical damage dealt as Fire.||Negative|
|Monster Life||Monsters gain 30% extra life.||Negative|
|Monster Lightning Damage||Monsters deal an additional 20% of their Physical damage dealt as Lightning.||Negative|
|Monster Physical Resist||Monsters take 30% less Physical damage.||Negative|
|Monster Poison Damage||Monsters deal an additional 30% of their Physical damage dealt as Poison over 5 sec.||Negative|
|Monster Poison Resist||Monsters take 60% less Poison damage.||Negative|
|Monster Regen||Non-boss monsters regen 1.5% Maximum Life per second.||Negative|
|Monster Shadow Damage||Monsters deal an additional 20% of their Physical damage dealt as Shadow.||Negative|
|Monster Shadow Damage Over Time||Monsters deal an additional 30% of their Physical damage as Shadow over 5 sec.||Negative|
|Empowered Elites (Cold Enchanted)||Elites always have the "Cold Enchanted" affix.||Negative|
|Empowered Elites (Shock Lance)||Elites always have the Electric Lance affix.||Negative|
|Empowered Elites (Suppressor)||Elites always have the "Suppressor" affix.||Negative|
|Armor Breakers||Monster attacks from a distance reduce your Armor by 7% for 6 sec, stacking up to 35%.||Negative|
|Avenger||Killing a monster enrages monsters near it, making them dealing more damage.||Negative|
|Blood Blister||Dying monsters sometimes spawn a Blood Blister that needs to be killed.||Negative|
|Death Pulse||Killing a monster releases a deadly lightning pulse after a short delay.||Negative|
|Dodge Breakers||Monster attacks from a distance reduce dodge chance by 12% for 6 sec, stacking up to 60%.||Negative|
|Double Bosses||Spawns two bosses instead of one!||Negative|
|Lightning Storm||Lightning gathers above the player. Get into the protection dome to avoid severe outcomes.||Negative|
|Melee Defenders||Monsters take 40% less damage from close targets.||Negative|
|Monster Attack Speed||Monsters gain 20 to 30% increased attack speed.||Negative|
|Monster Barrier||Monsters gain 30% of their Maximum Life as a Barrier.||Negative|
|Monster Bleeding Damage||Monsters deal an additional 30% of their Physical damage dealt as Bleeding over 5 sec.||Negative|
|Nudging Evade||Using Evade pushes enemies back.||Positive|
|Poisonous Evade||Using Evade leaves a pool of Poison behind, damaging enemies.||Positive|
|Cooldown Reduction||Reduce Cooldowns on Kill||Positive|
|Thorns||Your Thorns are increased by 491.||Positive|
|Lightning Caller||You occasionally call down lightning strikes that damage nearby enemies.||Positive|
|Lightning Damage||You deal [10 - 15]% more Lightning damage.||Positive|
|Poison Damage||You deal [10 - 15]% more Poison damage.||Positive|
|Shadow Damage||You deal [10 - 15]% more Shadow damage.||Positive|
|Battle Hardened||Gain 6% damage reduction for every 10% Health you are missing.||Positive|
|Frost Damage||You deal [10 -15]% more Frost damage.||Positive|
|Control Impaired Explosions||Being hit by Control Impairing Effects creates an explosion around you.||Positive|
|Gold Find||You find 30% more gold.||Positive|
|Magic Find||You find more items from enemies.||Positive|
|Increased Critical Strike||Your Critical Strike chance is increased by 9%.||Positive|
What Are The Benefits Of Completing The Nightmare Dungeons?
Typically, when you discuss the Benefits of these Dungeons, you talk about the rewards. The rewards for the completion of each of the Nightmare Dungeons are top-notch. These rewards make it so worth your time to do every single one of the Nightmare Dungeons available in Diablo 4. Although it takes a lot of time to complete each of the Nightmare Dungeons, it is plausible if you complete each and every single one.
- There is an amazing amount of thought and design put into these Nightmare Dungeons that make you have fun when you play each dungeon.
- Regarding the rewards, you can get the most elite loot currently available in Diablo 4 via Nightmare Dungeons.
- Even the campaign can’t give you the excess high-tier loot and gear you get from completing the Nightmare dungeons.
- One of the things you get as a reward is gold, which is a minimal amount but can do the job.
- The best thing you is probably the legendary items and gear from defeating the final bosses of Nightmare Dungeons.
- As a reward, some unique items drop when you complete the entire Nightmare Dungeons in Diablo 4.
- You get a good amount of Glyph XP, even from the starting tiers of Nightmare Dungeons.
- Glyph XP helps upgrade your end game chart, the Paragon Board, rapidly,
- The rarities of the item drops are mostly legendary, so there is no such underwhelming reward from the Dungeons.
- After completing a Nightmare Dungeon, at least two high-tier items are definitely given.
- Nightmare Sigils can also be farmed from the Nightmare Dungeons so that you can keep moving to higher tiers.
That is everything you need to know about the Nightmare Dungeons in Diablo 4. These are the hardest-to-complete side quests in Diablo 4, but are extremely fun to complete. Ensure you are perfectly geared for each encounter at a Nightmare Dungeon since most of your survival chances depend upon it. Do not rush through them; complete them thoroughly to gain wonderful items and loot.
Learn how to get a wolf pet in Diablo 4 through our detailed guide. If you are just a beginner at Diablo 4 and just got it, we have got you a detailed guide full of beginner tips and tricks. If you want to look a little different from the rest of the players of Diablo 4, check out our guide on how to change looks. Fast Travelling is an aspect of the game you should try as we got you all the waypoint locations.
- Diablo 4: How To Respec & Reset Individual Skills
- Diablo 4: How To Get Murmuring Obols
- BEST Diablo 4 Sorceress Class Build
- Diablo 4: Best Necromancer Solo & Blood Build
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍