Legacy Dungeons are a big part of the main storyline of Elden Ring. These are significantly rugged fortresses that have high exploration rewards. As far as the game’s lore is concerned, Legacy Dungeons are home to Lords that all players must challenge to obtain parts of the Elden Ring. The Volcano Manor is one of the Legacy Dungeons in Elden Ring, and it is home to Rykard, Lord of Blasphemy, a shard bearer of the Elden Ring. This guide will give you everything you need to know about the Volcano Manor Location in Elden Ring and how to get there.
Speaking of location guides you might also like Elden Ring All Legendary Armaments Locations
The manor is unique from other legacy Dungeons in terms of its progression. It has Tanith, an NPC that offers you to join the Volcano Manor. If you pledge your services to her, you will be tasked with the assassination of Tarnished from other worlds.
On top of Tanith’s questline, the manor also has five boss fights which are Abductor’s Virgins, Godskin Noble, God-Devouring Serpent, Magma Wyrm, and of course Rykard the Lord of Blasphemy. On the subject of bosses, read our Elden Ring Bosses Tier List.
That was a brief introduction to the Volcano Manor. Now let’s move on to the Volcano Manor Location in Elden Ring and see the multiple ways you can get there.
As mentioned Before, the Volcano Manor is one of the many Legacy Dungeons in Elden Ring. The Exact Location of the manor is in the image below.
How To Reach Volcano Manor In Elden Ring
An interesting read: Elden Ring Best Arcane Weapons
As you saw in the image above, the Volcano Manor is Located at the northwest edge of the map. Although the manor’s location is relatively straightforward, getting there is a challenge. Since this location is at the very edge of the map, many players might find it challenging to reach there. There are three ways to get to the Volcano Manor. The details of each method are below.
Reaching Volcano Manor On Foot
Elden Ring does not restrict its players from exploring its open world. As soon as you exit the tutorial section, you are free to go anywhere you like. However, such expeditions demand that you can handle more difficult enemies since the difficulty increases as you get farther and farther away from the starting area.
First of all, you need to either start from
- The Grand lift of Dectus or
- The Ruin Strewn Precipice (if you don’t have access to the lift)
The Route Towards Volcano Manor
After starting from either of these two locations, your remaining route is as follows:
- Erdtree in Atlas Plateau (Near the Bower of Bounty grace site)
- From the Bower of Bounty grace site, head straight northwest until you see a bridge; this bridge will lead you to the Bridge of Iniquity grace site.
- From here, you need to head almost northwest to the Corpse Stench Shack.
- Once you get to the Corpse Stench Shack, you will find a ladder almost southeast of the shack. Climb the ladder and head west again to the Ninth Mt. Gelmir site of grace.
Once you reach this location, you will see a boss, the Full Grown Falling Star Beast. You can either defeat this boss or run past it to the platform, where you can jump down and reach the Volcano Manor.
Map Walktrhough For Volcano Manor
A complete road map of your journey with all the landmarks and sites of grace is in the image below. Use it as a reference if you decide to go there on foot.
You might also like Elden Ring Uchigatana Location
Reaching Volcano Manor By Rya’s Questline
Another way of reaching the Volcano Manor is to complete the first part of Rya’s Questline. Rya is an NPC that works as a scout for the Volcano Manor.
Rya’s First Location
To complete the first part of her quest, you must go to Liurnia of Lakes.
Once you get to the general area, head eastwards from the Scenic Isle sight of grace. There you will find Rya in a pavilion next to the Birdseye Telescope. Her exact location is in the image below.
She will ask you to do her a favor when you talk to her. Complete the task, and you will have now completed the first part of her questline.
Rya’s Second Location
After completing the first part of Rya’s questline, you can now move on to her second location.
- If you have collected both parts of the Dectus Medallion, you will find her on top of the Grand Lift of Dectus.
- If you cannot access the Grand Lift of Dectus (You have not completed the Medallion), you will find her at the Lux Ruins.
Either way, when you reach her second location and talk to her, she shall give you an invitation to the Volcano Manor and teleport you right next to Tanith.
Rya’s questline was the second method to discover the Volcano Manor Location in Elden Ring. In our opinion, this is the most straightforward way of getting to the Volcano Manor. It is by far more manageable than walking all the way there. However, if you want to get there at your own pace while exploring the open world along the way, then you are more than welcome to go there on foot.
Reaching Volcano Manor By Enemy Capturing
Another creative and fun way of reaching the Volcano Manor is to be teleported there by an enemy. Before you try this method, here are some prerequisites and warnings.
- Spare Patches after you defeat him in the Murkwater Cave.
- This method requires you to die willingly from an enemy, so you will lose all your runes in the process. So, either use all your runes before trying this method or use a Sacrificial Twig or a Twiggy Cracked Tear to recover them.
- You will have to face difficult bosses along the way.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s get to the process.
Patches is a merchant, NPC, and boss you meet for the first time in the Murlwater cave. There he will appear as a boss who will surrender when he is low on health. Once he surrenders, you will have the choice to either kill him or spare him. At this point, it is crucial that you spare him, or else you will not be able to try this method. If you’ve never reached Patches, then read our Elden Ring Patches NPC Location guide and find this infamous backstabber in the game.
If you are having trouble finding the location of Murkwater cave, then here is an image with its location. Also, our all merchant locations in Elden Ring guide entail the whereabouts of merchants in the game, be sure to check it out as well.
Meet Patches Again
After completing the first step, you will meet him again at the Scenic Isle site of grace. He will tell you about an Abductor Virgin at Raya Lucaria Academy with teleporting abilities when he tells you about this, head to the west of the Schoolhouse Classroom site of grace. You will find a water wheel elevator. Take it to the bottom. Also, read our Elden Ring Raya Lucarian Sorcerer Set Location guide if you’re venturing the academy already.
Abductor Virgin Capturing
Once you are at the bottom, there will be an Abductor Virgin in this area. You must get killed by this Abductor Virgin via the attack where it traps you in its body. When you get killed, you will respawn at the Subterrain Inquisition Chamber site of grace—located at the underground caverns of the Volcano Manor. Now all you must do is resurface to Mount Gelmir.
Find Your Way In Volcano Manor
Here are a few steps if you are having trouble finding your way out of the cavern.
- Jump from pillar to pillar until you reach a cave to the south. There is a crumbling section of the ground near the back of the cave.
- Fall through in the section into another cavern. Head south along the linear path. This path will take you to a fog wall where you will have to fight two Abductor Virgins.
- When you defeat the Abductor Virgins, you will now access the Abductor Virgin site of grace and exit the cavern to Mount Gelmir.
- From hear, pass the Hermit Village heading north towards the Ninth Mt. Gelmir site of grace. The rest is the same as the first step (On Foot).
After all this discussion we would say that Rya’s quest is the most peaceful way to get to Volcano Manor. If you are still inclined to try the other ways, you are more than welcome to give them a shot.
This was all you needed to know about the Volcano Manor Location in Elden Ring and how to get there. Did you find this guide helpful? Which path will you take to get there after reading this guide? Let us know in the comments below.