You know what they say about a FromSoftware game. It’s only good if it has three things in it; Moonlight Greatsword, tough fights with bosses, and the most lovable NPC ‘Patches’. Ever since Elden Ring’s release on February 21, 2022, players have tried to find Patches’ location. Some succeeded, others failed, but there is still much more yet to be found out about the most annoying yet infamous NPC called Patches.
- Patches is a weak boss who focuses more on deceiving with words rather than overpowering. He’s most skilled at fooling people and using them for his own benefit, but he’s also one the most fascinating characters in the franchise.
- Murkwater Cave, Limgrave. Before going into the cave you will be attacked by a powerful NPC known as Bloody Finger Nerijus. Make sure to distract him so that he does not show up in the same place again. Go into the cave and open a chest; that is where Patches makes his first appearance. If you forgive patches for his acts he will then open a shop with the name Patches Emporium. He will provide you with a special chest if you visit his shop again. The item is a transporter trap that is going to transport you to the Mistwood Outskirts.
- Mistwood Outskirts, where you will face off three giant bears. After patches sees that you have made it back alive. Patches then moves on to a new location.
- Scenic Isle. make your way at night time and you will meet patches again, who is sitting beside a bonfire. Have a talk with patches in which he will give you a shortcut to Volcano Manor. Patches said, “There’s a surviving Iron Virgin at the bottom of the big waterwheel in the academy of Raya Lucaria.” The twist is you will have to get caught by the Iron Virgin. By getting caught and killed by the Iron Virgin, you will then be transported to the Volcano Manor.
- Volcano Manor. Head in and talk to Tanith, the proprietress of the Manor. Accept the Taniths invite and you will receive keys to the drawing room where you will meet patches again. After doing the tasks given you will be rewarded with the Serpentbone Blade. Go to patches, and he will request to assassinate The Great Horned Tragoth. Accept and go to the Ruin-Strewn Precipice
- Ruin-Strewn Precipice. You will first encounter Magma Wyrm Makar. After going through him you will face The Great Horned Tragoth. Return to patches, and he will reward you with the Magma Whip Candlestick.
- After you defeat the Rykard Boss. Patches will say he is moving to a different location, but he has not been found since.
- Patches sells Gold-Pickled Fowl Foot, Fan Daggers, Margit’s Shackle, and many more.
The devious maestro has spent ages trying to mislead us. He has survived every apocalypse, every tragedy, and has appeared in every DarkSouls game. It seems as if Patches remember everything that has happened in the past games as he has subtly hinted at it multiple times.
Who Are Patches
Patches is a boss, NPC, and a merchant that you will find in Elden Ring. He is the most recurring character in Fromsoftware games and he is notorious for playing the part of a betrayer or a liar. You can find him in the Murkwater Cave and he is an optional boss so you do not need to defeat him in order to progress in Elden Ring.
When you battle him and he reaches low health, he will offer to surrender. If you accept his surrender, he will then open up a small shop in Murkwater Cave. You can also have him as an NPC summon battle Starscourge Radahn. Since he is weak to lightning you can use Lightning Attacks to deal critical damage to him.
More From eXputer: Elden Ring Sacred Tear Locations
Dark Souls players know just how legendary Patches is. People have long wondered where he could be hiding now. Patches is a weak boss who focuses more on deceiving with words rather than overpowering. He’s most skilled at fooling people and using them for his own benefit.
Patches always try to get the better of us despite knowing he can’t beat us and that’s why he’s one of the most fascinating characters across the franchise. Now, Patches’ character is at a stage where the thought of having a game without him in it sounds incomplete. Lastly, here are the locations where Patches can be found in Elden Ring.
Murkwater Cave, Limgrave
An interesting read: Elden Ring Best Weapons
Before heading into the Murkwater cave, you are invaded by a powerful NPC, Bloody Finger Nerijus. Do not take him lightly as he has the ability to inflict heavy damage on you. But, you can also avoid him by getting his attention and running away. After that, come back and you won’t be confronted by him. Going into the cave, you’re going to encounter some weak enemies and you should be able to go through them easily.
Then, After reaching, open a chest, which will mark the first appearance of the legendary Patches in Elden Ring. He will be as witty as ever and will try to kill you with every ounce of power he has. Don’t reciprocate and kill him in the process. Lastly, when he’s taken 50% of the damage, he’ll surrender and raise the white flag. Stop there and talk to him.
A Similar Read: Best Elden Ring Spells
Nonetheless, You can either forgive and forget or just kill him on the spot. If you want to get revenge for all those times, he’s hurt you, then that’s that for Patches in Elden Ring. Now, if you’ve forgiven the acts committed by Patches, Patches will open a shop called Patches’ Emporium. More to what Patches sell is below.
Furthermore, Patches will ask you to stop by again which you should, and he will present you with a chest that was apparently kept for a special customer. The chest was a transporter trap and it transports you to the Mistwood Outskirts, where you’ll have to face off against three giant bears ready to tear you apart. Lastly, Surprised to see you alive, Patches moves on to a new location in Elden Ring asking you to come back to the Patches’ Emporium.
Without getting into a fight with any Bosses on the way, head to the Scenic Isle, a small island south of Liurnia of the lakes and north of Stormveil Castle. Make your way at night-time, when you’ll once again find Patches in Elden Ring sitting beside a bonfire. Here, Patches will greet you once more and tell you how his business is still up and running and if you ever need to buy something, you can always come to me.
Talk to patches and he’ll tell you a shortcut to Volcano Manor. Patches said, “There’s a surviving Iron Virgin at the bottom of the big waterwheel in the academy of Raya Lucaria”.
Now the twist is that he’ll ask you to get caught by the Iron Virgin. If you’re a sane person, you won’t trust Patches in Elden Ring or anywhere he makes an appearance. But you know as they say, ‘Higher risk, Higher reward’. This time, when you do get caught by the Iron Virgin and let it kill you, you do get transported to the Volcano Manor. Well, first time for everything huh!!
Similar Read: Best Ranged weapons in Elden Ring
Also, check out: Elden Ring Moonveil Katana
Now that you’re saved from the trouble of finding Volcano Manor, you head in and talk to Tanith, the proprietress of the Manor. She invites you to join the Volcano Manor to fight against the Erdtree. Accept her invite and you will receive the keys to the drawing-room, where you’ll find Patches sitting. You’ll receive two letters to assassinate two NPCs.
After doing so, you’ll be rewarded with the Serpentbone Blade. Next, go to patches and he’ll request you to assassinate The Great Horned Tragoth for him. Accept it and go to Ruin-Strewn Precipice.
First, you’ll encounter Magma Wyrm Makar. A boss capable of dismantling their opponent in no time. But that won’t be enough because after going through it, you have to face another potent enemy, The Great Horned Tragoth. The Great Horned Tragoth will drop the Bull-Goat Armor set which is one of the Best Armor and has the highest poise in Elden Ring. Return to Patches and he’ll reward you with a Magma Whip Candlestick. Later, after you defeat Rykard Boss, Patches says he’s moving on to a different place. He has not been found since!!
Also, check out: Best staff in Elden Ring
What do Patches Sell?
Here is everything Patches sells in Patches’ Emporium.
- Gold-Pickled Fowl Foot- A consumable that boosts rune acquisition for a time. Sold for 600 Runes.
- Fan Daggers- A consumable that throws fanned-out knives at enemies to inflict damage. Sold for 160 Runes.
- Margit’s Shackle- A reusable item that briefly binds Margit, once imprisoned to earth. Sold for 5000 Runes.
- Grace Mimic- A consumable that lights the path, but without order. It is sold for 100 Runes.
- Glass Shard-Worthless consumable. Sold for 100 Runes.
- Parrying Dagger- Dagger which is sold for 1600 Runes.
- Missionary’s Cookbook (2)- Expands crafting repertoire and is sold for 800 Runes.
- Stonesword Key- Used to break one Imp statue Seal and is sold for 5000 Runes.
- Festering Bloody Finger- A consumable to invade other players’ worlds. It is sold for 1000 Runes.
- Furlcalling Finger Remedy- A consumable for co-op and hostile summoning signs. It is sold for 1000 Runes.
- Great Arrow- Arrow that is sold for 300 Runes.
- Ballista Bolt– A Greatbolt that is sold for 300 Runes.
- Horse Crest Wooden Shield– Medium Shield that is sold for 1000 Runes.
Sacrificial Twig- Lost on death in place of runes and is sold for 5000 Runes.
And that is all you need to know about Patches The Untethered. Let us know if this guide was useful. Consider dropping a comment to give feedback. Let us know if we’ve missed anything about Patches Locations in Elden Ring. Until we find him again, that’s all for the world’s favorite villain.
Next: Best Katanas in Elden Ring
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍