RE4 Remake boasts many hidden secrets that can be found by players. These secrets reference the original Resident Evil 4 game or enhance the gameplay by opening up new approaches.
- Players can discover numerous hidden secrets in the RE4 Remake, which either make references to the original Resident Evil 4 game or enrich the gameplay by introducing fresh strategies.
- Here are some interesting secrets most players may miss:
- Players can sit on Salazar‘s Throne in RE4 Remake to trigger a special scene, which is a nod to one of the secrets in the original Resident Evil 4.
- The entire ambush during the beginning of the village section can be skipped by shooting the church bell with a Sniper.
- Just like the original Resident Evil 4, players can shoot the Del Lago lake to trigger a jumpscare where the monster eats Leon.
- The Dog can be saved after the first encounter with Bitores Mendez in RE4 Remake. In addition, it also lends you a hand during the fight against El Gigante.
- Leon’s Combat Knife is the same one he uses in Resident Evil 2, given to him by Marvin Branagh.
- Players can throw eggs at NPCs, such as the merchant or Ashley, to trigger a funny reaction.
- After collecting the 16 Clockwork Castellans, players can unlock the Primal Knife that cannot be broken.
- Players can obtain the Chicago Sweeper after completing a run on Professional difficulty without using any bonus weapons such as the infinite rocket launcher.
- Once players have attained an A rank during a Professional difficulty run, they will obtain the Handcannon.
Salazar’s Throne In RE4 Remake
- In the original, once players found Salazar’s Throne in the Castle, they had the option to sit on it.
- This triggered a special scene where Leon sat down on the throne.
- In RE4 Remake, the scene makes its return as a nod to the original game.
Skipping The Village Horde In RE4 Remake
- When players first start their playthrough of RE4 Remake, they will eventually encounter the iconic village section.
- Also, during this part, a huge mob of Ganados and the chainsaw-wielding Dr. Salvador ambush Leon.
- Players can clear this encounter by biding enough time until the bell in the church rings.
- However, players can ring the bell by themselves by using a Sniper rifle to shoot the bell from a distance away.
- This can be done by running to the house that triggers the cutscene and immediately jumping out of the window upstairs toward the right.
- Now, use your Sniper to shoot the church bell to ring it.
- This causes the Ganados to leave Leon alone instantly.
The Lake Monster In RE4 Remake
- In the original Resident Evil 4, players would get eaten alive by the Del Lago monster if they shot at the lake multiple times.
- This iconic jumpscare makes its return in one of RE4 Remake secrets.
- Players can trigger this scene by shooting at the lake multiple times, just like in the original.
Leon’s Best Friend
- Capcom gave fans a big fright by showcasing a dead dog at the start of the game.
- However, they simply changed the Dog’s location.
- The dog is found after the first encounter with Bitores Mendez and can be saved.
- After saving him, he helps Leon during the first fight with El Gigante.
- Capcom has done justice to the dog by making him play a bigger part during the fight.
- The Combat Knife used by Leon during RE4 Remake is the same one given to him by Marvin Branagh in Resident Evil 2.
- It is a nice nod to RE2 and gives us insight into Leon as a character.
Throwing Eggs At NPCs
- Eggs in RE4 Remake are usually used to restore Leon’s health by consuming them.
- Alternatively, players can equip and chuck them at Ashley or the Merchant, triggering a funny reaction.
- The Chicago Sweeper is a powerful SMG that can only be obtained after completing a run on Professional difficulty with an A rank.
- It has a perk that grants players infinite ammo, making it one of the best weapons in RE4 Remake.
- For a more in-depth look into how to unlock the Chicago Sweeper, check out our guide.
- Clockwork Castellans are hidden collectibles depicting Salazar that can be found throughout the entire game.
- There are a total of 16 castellans which are divided into 1 per chapter.
- After getting all 16 of these, players will unlock the powerful Primal Knife.
- The best part about this knife is that it is completely indestructible.
- Also, this is one of the more obscure secrets in RE4 Remake that was not present in the original Resident Evil 4.
- The Handcannon is a powerful Magnum gun that can only be unlocked after beating the game at Professional difficulty.
- The catch is players cannot use any bonus weapons during this playthrough.
- These include the Infinite Rocket Launcher, Chicago Sweeper, and Primal Knife.
- With these limitations, it is one of the harder secrets to unlock in Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Resident Evil 4 once again proves itself as the magnum opus of the horror genre with the new addition to the REmake series. It enhances the story by making the story more concrete, better-written characters, and enhanced combat. In addition, the parry system has left players addicted to combat. With the separate ways DLC that is currently in development, fans can rest assured of a horror experience that will last for decades.
And there you have it; with our guide detailing all secrets in Resident Evil 4 Remake, you will appreciate the vivid detail and effort Capcom put into this remake.
Check out our guide on how to get the LE5 SMG in RE4 Remake. In addition, if you are confused about the treasury sword puzzle solution, you can check out our guide. Here is how to solve the Stone Dais puzzle, which can be very confusing for players. Lastly, check our guide that discusses Skull Shaker vs W-870 Shotguns in vivid detail.
- RE4 Remake Jewel Theif
- RE4 Remake: How To Unlock Cat Ears
- RE4 Remake Red9: Location, Stats & Upgrade
- RE4 Remake: How To Catch Lunker Bass
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍