RE4 Remake Gemstone are an easy guide to making short stacks of pesetas. Like the treasure items, you can exclusively use these stones for selling purposes in the game. However, unlike the original, they have a lot more versatility compared this time around, thanks to the new and improved looting system. And with the right treasure item and gem collection, you can even pair them together to tremendously raise their price!
Types Of Gemstones
There are 6 unique types of gemstones that you can collect in Resident Evil 4: Remake. You can usually find most of them as random drops during enemy encounters or exploration segments. Alternatively, you might also find some as purchasable items from the Merchant or as farmable loot from certain enemy types.
- Gemstones, once obtained, can be sold at any time at the Merchant’s shop.
- Depending on their rarity, you can usually find them once or twice per Chapter or as discoverable loot from specific Extended Map Treasures.
- Some mobs also guarantee these precious jewels as drops after you kill them, as the Regenerators and the Masked Cultists in red wear assuring Ruby and Red Beryl drops, respectively.
- Additionally, you can obtain certain gems as rewards for taking down notably strong foes, like the amped Iron Maiden in the Wandering Dead Merchant Request that drops an Alexandrite once killed.
- Another uncommon way of getting them is by trading the Spinels you get from Blue Notice Requests or as random loot at the Merchant’s shop.
Uses Of Gemstones
- Alongside simply selling off the gemstone as it is, one important feature the remake adds is the capability of inlaying several of these gemstones into treasure items, ultimately becoming more valuable than their constituents.
- These Treasure Items have unique slots for you to fill with several jewels.
- One of the major distinguishing factors of a gemstone that determines whether or not it’s compatible with a specific slot of a treasure item is its shape.
- Once a gemstone fits into the item, the newly-made artifact gains the value of the standalone gemstone and treasure item combined.
- On top of that, you can also get a Gemstone Bonus, an extra multiplier of the artifact’s value, raising it by a considerable margin.
What Are Gemstone Bonuses?
For more detail, here’s a list of all the gemstone combinations and the bonuses they turn in:
|Two gemstones of differing colors
|1x Ruby | 1x Emerald
|Two gemstones of the same color
|2x Yellow Diamond
|Three gemstones of differing colors
|1x Emerald | 1x Sapphire | 1x Ruby
|Three gemstones of the same color
|Two Duo gemstone combinations
|2x Ruby | 2x Sapphire
|Four gemstones of differing colors
|1x Red Beryl | 1x Sapphire | 1x Emerald | 1x Alexandrite
|Four gemstones of the same color
|4x Red Beryl
|Duo and Trio
|One Duo and one Trio combination
|2x Yellow Diamond | 1x Emerald
|Five gemstones of the same color
|Five gemstones of differing colors
|1x Red Beryl | 1x Ruby | 1x Alexandrite | 1x Emerald | 1x Sapphire
- As seen, the Bonuses become much more significant as more jewels are inlaid into a single Treasure Item.
- For the best possible payout, wait for a 4 or 5-slot Treasure item and stack as many gemstones as possible into that item since more gems will equal a higher incentive due to the multiplier.
- This way, you can guarantee the best value for all the jewels with you at the same time.
My Thoughts On Gemstones
In my opinion, the gemstone system in Resident Evil 4 Remake adds an intriguing layer of depth to the game’s economy. Collecting and inlaying these precious gems into treasure items becomes a puzzle in itself. It’s a clever twist that encouraged me to think strategically about when to cash in their valuable finds. The Gemstone Bonuses offer an additional incentive, rewarding those who carefully stack and pair similar gems.
The gemstone system showcases how Resident Evil 4 Remake maintains its classic charm while introducing new elements to keep the gameplay fresh and engaging. That’s why I never found it tiring to mix and match the right gemstones to cash in a major bonus, even after playing the title for over a month. It promotes patience and exploration, enhancing your overall gameplay experience like it did for me.
If you’re struggling to kill Regenerators for farming gemstones, you might want to read our guide on getting the Thermal Scope beforehand. For more intriguing selling items in Resident Evil 4 Remake, check out our Viper locations guide to learn more about an extra earning source. And for simply progressing the main game, consider reading up on how to defeat all the in-game bosses.
- RE4 Remake Duo Garrador Boss Fights
- RE4 Remake: How To Get Broken Butterfly
- Resident Evil 4 Remake: How To Get Back To The Church
- How To Get Mendez’s False Eye In Resident Evil 4 Remake
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍