- A few days after its release, Bomb Rush Cyberfunk received an overwhelming 98% positive reviews on Steam.
- The game currently has nearly 3,500 reviews, which is a great success for the studio and a testament to its successful launch.
- Many gamers have shown even more interest in the game, especially for its resemblance to the classic Jet Set Radio Future.
- Bomb Rush Cyberfunk was released on Windows via Steam and Nintendo Switch on August 18, 2023. It will be fully multiplatform after its release on Xbox and PlayStation on September 1, 2023.
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk was released on August 18 and has already accumulated “overwhelmingly positive” reviews on Steam. It currently has nearly 3,500 reviews, 98% of which are positive. This reception is a formidable success for Team Reptile and could be good news for the classic IP, Jet Set Radio. Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is widely considered a spiritual successor to Sega’s Jet Set Radio Future and perfectly delivers the expectations.
It is safe to say that many went into Bomb Rush Cyberfunk hoping to experience a modern touch to the beloved Jet Set Radio Future vibe. Everything before its release directly pointed toward the game being more of a spiritual successor to the 2002 game than something completely new. Team Reptile seems to have delivered it well, as many find its mechanics and story to be an improved version of the classic IP.
One NeoGAF user commented, “it’s fantastic – I think it improves on the JSR formula in a lot of areas too – like the way the story is presented – and the graffiti and skating mechanics.” Another user highlighted some other areas that Bomb Rush Cyberfunk seems to have improved, “the controls and mechanics are actually much improved. It really addresses the part of those games that have aged hardest.”
- Overwatch 2 Drowns In Negative Reviews On Steam Right After Launch
- Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty Bombed With Negative Reviews On Steam
- Ark: Survival Evolved Stormed With Negative Reviews After Devs Announce Paid Remaster
The soundtrack is one of the only things that fans seem to be missing from the original Jet Set Radio games. Many believe that if Bomb Rush Cyberfunk receives a mod that lets you inject old soundtracks, it would be perfect. Nevertheless, the game seems to be doing really well and could direct some potential spotlight toward the classic IP.
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk is available for Wishlisting on Playstation https://t.co/RPcOnSVNTh
— Team Reptile (@ReptileGames) August 21, 2023
Bomb Rush Cyberfunk was developed and published by Team Reptile and released on Windows via Steam and Nintendo Switch on August 18, 2023. The game is set to launch on Xbox One, Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 on September 1, 2023.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍