- Disney Pixar’s Up is rumored to be added to the PS Plus Premium, as suggested by a new rating for PS4 and PS5.
- The rating was spotted on the Taiwanese Ratings Board. Sony has not officially confirmed the rumors.
- The game, based on a film of the same name, came out in 2009 on many consoles of that time.
Disney Pixar’s Up could be coming to the classic catalog section of the PlayStation Plus Premium. The rumor stems from a recent rating for the PSP entry; the rating was recently uploaded for the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 consoles by the Taiwanese rating board. This seems to be part of the new Sony initiative to bring the original PlayStation and PSP titles from the olden age into newer consoles via emulation.
For instance, Sony has already brought the emulated version of the Toy Story 3 title on the recent consoles. It is currently unclear whether Pixar’s Up title will be an emulation or some other sort of re-release, but past experiences suggest the former. The original Up game was developed by Asobo Studio and gained mixed reviews depending on who you asked. The entry is based on the highly popular movie of the same name.
Other Interesting Reads:
- Hades Is Coming To iPhones And Other iOS Devices Via Netflix Games.
- Death Stranding 2 And Rise Of The Ronin Reportedly Confirmed For Next Year, Insider Suggests.
- The Invincible Has Received Its First Dose Of Patch.
All in all, the news of the new ratings has gotten the nostalgic fans pretty riled up. Ratings are often considered to be semi-official corroborations by the gaming community. It is worth noting that Sony has not officially confirmed that Pixar’s Up will be re-released in any way. In rare cases, however, the rated titles do not always get released. It is best to take the new Pixar’s Up rating for the PS4 and PS5 with a grain of salt.
If you are unfamiliar, Disney Pixar’s Up features four characters and the ability to play solo or co-op with your friends. You can switch between characters anytime, and each possesses unique abilities that add to the gameplay. The entry was criticized for its short length and unsatisfactory visuals but was a relative success. Pixar’s Up came out in 2009 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, PC, and more.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍