- The popular battle royale Fortnite has become the most-played PlayStation entry of 2023 in almost every region.
- It is the most played game in over 15 regions at least, as ascribed by an interactive map featured on the PlayStation page.
- In other regions, it still hogs a spot in the top three. Apex Legends and Genshin Impact in Japan surpassed it.
Despite the tough competition in the 2023 gaming scene, Fortnite has definitely left its mark. As spotted by the insider Hypex on Twitter, it was the most-played PlayStation game of 2023 in almost all the regions, hogging up the crown all for itself. Sony revealed the results in a beautifully crafted interactive world map. It shows the top three games played in every region last year, where Epic Games’ battle royale dominated almost all of them.
Fortnite is at the top spot in most places, including the UK, Ireland, and most of central Europe, followed by EA Sports FIFA 23 and an undisclosed Call of Duty game. The COD entry mentioned here is possibly Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or 3. I counted about 15 regions where Fortnite was at the top, which is out of a total of 23 on the map.
The amount of variety on the map feels almost next to none due to Fortnite. Although Grand Theft Auto 5 made its presence known in regions including the USA, Canada, and South America. Rocket League was also surprisingly in the top three for the Argentina region. South Korea was dominated by Diablo 4, with Elden Ring in third place. On the other hand, Apex Legends hogged Japan’s top spot, followed by Genshin Impact and Fortnite.
- Epic Games Store Adjusts Policy; Permits Blockchain Games Despite “Adults Only” Rating.
- Fortnite’s Battle Royale Mode Possibly Going Standalone, Hints Developer.
- Remedy On Alan Wake 2: Epic Games “Let Us Make The Game We Wanted.”
Fortnite has dominated PlayStation for a slew of reasons. Epic Games recently began the initiative to turn it into a hub of games. As a result, it broke a new all-time high record of 7 million users last month. Its continued rise has been attributed to enticing collaborations, custom games, and new game modes over the years, such as Rocket Racing and Lego Fortnite. Moreover, a new Rocket Racing leak also suggests an upcoming “Death Race” mode.
The battle royale launched over a decade ago on July 17, 2017. It is now available on most major platforms. eXputer’s Muhammad Haris Umer reviewed Fortnite last year and awarded it a remarkable 4.5/5 score. The entry was hailed for constant updates, fun gameplay, and stable servers. Before diving into your first battle, I suggest you glance over our write-up for the three best weapons to have the top chance of winning.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍