- FromSoftware is reportedly brewing a mystery PS5 exclusive, as told by the insider Brazil in one of his live streams.
- The nature of the title and the IP remains shrouded in rumors. Some gamers have suggested it could be Bloodborne 2.
- While past rumors do corroborate the leak by the leaker, we still suggest taking the hearsay with a pinch of salt.
FromSoftware has been rumored to be working on an unannounced PlayStation 5 exclusive game. The leak emerged from an insider named Brazil —also going by Vergeben or Verge— who revealed the info on a live stream. As mentioned by Guaraná on ResetEra, the insider disclosed that FromSoftware was hard at work in brewing the next Sony exclusive but revealed no other details.
The leaker holds a mixed record in his repertoire. He is known for leaking details about Smash Ultimate, Mortal Kombat 11, and more games.
The rumor holds some weight because a similar one has been ongoing for quite a while now. A leak two years ago suggested that the studio was crafting an unannounced PlayStation 5 exclusive that was neither Bloodborne nor Demon Souls-related, confusing the gamers entirely. The bizarre part is that this mystery entry is apparently more Souls-like than Elden Ring and Seikro. Hidetaka Miyazaki is said to be helming the project.
𝐏𝐒𝟓 𝐅𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐬𝐨𝐟𝐭𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐢𝐯𝐞
• Rumors began in 2021 that Fromsoftware is working on a PS5 exclusive that is not Bloodborne or Demon Souls related
• The game is also not Bloodborne or Demon Souls related but it’s more souls like than Elden Ring and… pic.twitter.com/HaGo9g98Ip
— TCMFGames (@TCMF2) October 30, 2023
A theory suggests that the leak by the insider Verteben could pertain to Bloodborne 2 as a PlayStation 5 exclusive. It has caught on by the fact that Sony is allegedly working on a Bloodborne movie behind the scenes with the producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura and writer Darren Lemke. The director of the movie remains undecided. However, the rumor is an extremely stretched take, to say the least.
- FromSoftware: One Of The Most Influential Developers In Modern Gaming.
- Sony Patents To Suggest Games And In-Game Activities To Players Based On Emotions.
- Baldur’s Gate 3 Is Currently The Best PlayStation 5 Game Of All Time On Metacritic.
In some related news, a secret FromSoftware title named Spellbound has been rumored to be shown in June 2024, and the planned release is allegedly in Q1 2025. However, past leaks have suggested that it’s not a PS5 exclusive and will come out on other next-gen platforms, which indicates both these rumors are not related. Spellbound is stated to be set in a late 18th-century European-inspired world but has no links to Bloodborne.
All in all, we suggest taking these rumors with a giant dose of salt. FromSoftware could be working on multiple projects at the same time, satisfying the huge rumor mill that is spreading across the forums. The PlayStation 5 exclusive ought to be a welcomed surprise after the massive success of Elden Ring and Armored Core 6. We may hear more about the PS5 exclusive project in the upcoming months or an event next year.
Thanks! Do share your feedback with us. ⚡
How could we improve this post? Please Help us. ✍